Luciferium need, whats it do?

Started by mattig89ch, June 03, 2017, 11:30:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattig89ch

Hidy ho all, one of my colonists has a need for luciferium.  I don't know if that's an addiction, or if there is something else going on there.

Do they need it to survive?  Or is that just an addiction?

Skinnay

Luciferium need will kill them eventually. Luci is unique in that if a colonist takes it once they are "addicted" to it for the rest of their lives, and if they go too long without it (I think it's once every 5 days?) they will start going berserk and eventually die.

The upside is that while they're "high" on it, all capacities are enhanced and even brain damage will heal itself. It's powerful stuff as long as you can keep enough around to keep the person alive.

mattig89ch

oh...wonderful.  I rescued this woman from an escape pod, and she chose to stay with the colony.

*sigh*, so she's a ticking time bomb.  Good to know!

Thanks for the reply.  I do apreciate it.

Covered in Weasels

Wow, I didn't realize it could heal brain damage! Can it get rid of conditions like bad back or cataracts as well?

mattig89ch

My colonist that needs it, does have a bad back.  So I would guess no.  But I'm only guessing.

SpookCrow

It can repair the annoying scars that your pawns have as well.
"Fear is the enemy within you that can lead to your demise." -Spook

Sola

Luciferum cures nearly everything.  The problem is that it's expensive, and impossible to be done with the addiction symptoms.
Two tiers of construction jobs.  One for expensive/quality items, and one for walls/floors/etc.

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=28669.0

Limdood

i've never seen luci cure anything listed in yellow (bad back, frail, diseases, etc.), but does fix things listed in grey (scars, permanent eye/brain damage)....its slow though.

Seriously Unserious

not to mention the whole going bat-shit crazy as soon as you run out of it, and I think you can only get it by buying it from a trader or finding stashes in "ancient danger" areas. I'm not aware of any way to manufacture it yourself, so you're supply will always be inconsistent and you'll always be at risk of running out. Not good odds on an out of the way rimworld, IMO.

TheMeInTeam

Quote from: Seriously Unserious on June 04, 2017, 02:13:44 PM
not to mention the whole going bat-shit crazy as soon as you run out of it, and I think you can only get it by buying it from a trader or finding stashes in "ancient danger" areas. I'm not aware of any way to manufacture it yourself, so you're supply will always be inconsistent and you'll always be at risk of running out. Not good odds on an out of the way rimworld, IMO.

Once you have a good caravan economy going and are rich, you can afford it.  A17 nerf to trade makes it a bit harder to access though so you will likely have less pawns on it by late game than in A16.

In addition to being able to heal old wounds, it provides a substantial statistical buff.  Pawns on luci are functionally immune to disease (immunity gain outpaces disease rate by so much even untreated that you're way in front when the disease becomes visible), and the other boosts are nice also.

You can get by with scheduling it 1/6 days.  Doctor is best candidate for it.