[A17] Change Dresser

Started by Kiame, March 07, 2017, 03:10:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Schwartz

Wow, that was fast. Nice work!

Kiame

:)

With the limited tools RimWorld's GUI has, at this point i don't think i'll be able to make a dynamic color picker for RGB/HSL. I may see about adding a color wheel or some other color picker along with the RGB/HSL sliders. This is just a first go at it. Please give any feedback with how it currently works.

Schwartz

It's all working as expected. Sometimes sliders will only go up to 0.99 or down to 0.01. If you wanted to be super precise about it, I guess you could display RGB as 0-255 values and the hue to go from 0-360. That is if there's actually meaningful gradients, I don't know how detailed the game's color palette is.

Anyway, that's really just nitpicking, it's good as it is. Considering we don't want to paint with it but accessorize our pawns. ;)

Kiame

I've also noticed hue can go from 1.0 to 0 sometime if it's slid all the way to the right; that and the 'only gets to 0.01 or 0.99' are all the fun of floating point arithmetic  ;D  I can see if i can get the numbers to round better.

I was doing some more reading on colors and computer representation - something i'm mostly ignorant about - and there was a good argument that staying with a scale of 0-1.00 (basically 0% to 100%) removes whether the color scheme is 24 bit (8bit per color/0-255) or 30 bit (HDR/10bit per color). While I doubt that's something that should be considered it did make sense to me that sticking with 0-1.00 would make this more 'future proof'. Then again that's a 'head in the sky' argument and if feedback points to 0 - 255 (or 360 where applicable) i'll switch it over as it's just adding some multiplication to what's displayed.

sophiasong

Is there a way to preserve certain worn apparel items during a swap? The main difficulty I have with outfits in vanilla is the change from heat to cold insulation. I would love to be able to swap armor vests and helmets from storage onto a pawn while keeping the pawn's jacket or duster.

Kiame

Quote from: sophiasong on September 26, 2017, 07:38:44 PM
Is there a way to preserve certain worn apparel items during a swap? The main difficulty I have with outfits in vanilla is the change from heat to cold insulation. I would love to be able to swap armor vests and helmets from storage onto a pawn while keeping the pawn's jacket or duster.

I think that has more to do with the vanilla's pawn's outfit optimization logic. I'm not currently touching that and don't plan to...

You could try making outfits which restrict the pawns to only have, say, armor vests + dusters/jackets. The Beta version of Change Dresser would be better for that too - https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=35632.0

Vane

Hey, I'm having issues with this mod (I think?)

So a few of my colonists just strip completely nude when drafted, it's only just happened and I don't know how to fix it :'(

Kiame

Quote from: Vane on October 16, 2017, 01:36:52 PM

So a few of my colonists just strip completely nude when drafted, it's only just happened and I don't know how to fix it :'(

Been using the newer version for too long, let me think for a minute...

Were these colonists assigned any apparel? If so, from the dresser make sure the assigned apparel is still available. It could be that the apparel assigned to them was removed.

Vane

Quote from: Kiame on October 16, 2017, 10:13:50 PM
Quote from: Vane on October 16, 2017, 01:36:52 PM

There's a newer version? Maybe I should just get that

Been using the newer version for too long, let me think for a minute...

Were these colonists assigned any apparel? If so, from the dresser make sure the assigned apparel is still available. It could be that the apparel assigned to them was removed.

Kiame

Sorry should have included a link to the new version in my last post!

Change Dresser - BETA  at https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=35632.0

It is not compatible with the saves using the old version though -- why i decided to make it a different release.

If you do want to try to use the new version the steps that should allow it is (make a backup of the save prior to this too):

• Delete all assigned apparel groups
  • Empty all Change Dressers
  • Deconstruct all change dressers
  • Save
  • Change over from Change Dresser to Change Dresser - BETA

There will probably be an error on load in the admin console but the game will probably load? I personally have not tried this but i think that would work

As for the possible workaround in my previous post did that work by chance?

fatm3l

is it safe to uninstall this mod from an existing save?

Kiame

remove all apparel from the dresser (quick way is to hit the empty button) then deconstruct all dressers.
Save
Uninstall mod
Load

You will get an error when you load which can be ignored and you're good to go. The error will only show up the first time you load, all subsequent save/loads will have no errors