[A18] Don't Tempt Me! (remove Dev mode)

Started by KeenKrozzy, June 04, 2017, 03:02:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dburgdorf

Quote from: KeenKrozzy on June 06, 2017, 08:29:18 PMFor players like myself, that's the precise moment when things get boring. And we do it to ourselves.

Exactly the point I was trying to make. I apologize if I wasn't clear, and you thought I was making fun of such players. I was speaking *as* such a player. I have a long history of having to try very hard to keep away from "creative mode" options in games, lest I undermine my own attempts to play "legitimately." :D
- Rainbeau Flambe (aka Darryl Burgdorf) -
Old. Short. Grumpy. Bearded. "Yeah, I'm a dorf."

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

KeenKrozzy

Quote from: dburgdorf on June 06, 2017, 09:29:13 PM
Quote from: KeenKrozzy on June 06, 2017, 08:29:18 PMFor players like myself, that's the precise moment when things get boring. And we do it to ourselves.

Exactly the point I was trying to make. I apologize if I wasn't clear, and you thought I was making fun of such players. I was speaking *as* such a player. I have a long history of having to try very hard to keep away from "creative mode" options in games, lest I undermine my own attempts to play "legitimately." :D

My post was addressing some of the other responses. Also people that have talked to me outside of the forums. The reactions I have been getting are "Oh, I really need this mod" or "I don't understand. Why can't you just not use dev mode?".  It's like actual people who have been living and walking this earth are surprised by human behavior.  The forbidden fruit doesn't have mind-control powers.

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: KeenKrozzy on June 06, 2017, 11:03:03 PM
It's like actual people who have been living and walking this earth are surprised by human behavior.

LOL, it's hard to believe how surprising that still is at times.

Arnold Rimmer

Great... Now we need a mod that removes the ability to remove mods.
In this case, -this- mod  so we really really really won't be tempted to
remove the mod that removes the ability to toggle the developer-mode.

°breaks down on floor, sobbing helplessly°
Where will it end?
[Insert combination of words here]

RetPaladinlol

Wow, this is awesome. I was asking around for a mod like this since A14. I have never touched dev mode for fear that I will start abusing it and now I really won't be able to! Yes!

KeenKrozzy

Updated for alpha 18 and added some new features as well!

carpediembr

Quote from: SergeshD123 on June 04, 2017, 03:21:43 AM
Mod request: Make me completely impossible to tempt

Make it so that the only way to turn on dev mode is pressing alt + F4

Mod Request: Make me a fair gamer

Make it so that crashing the game via Task Manager wont rollback to the latest save.

TelekineticSloth

Is there anyway to enable dev after this is installed, need fix massive bug but cant, ruins my save