A17b Combat music won't stop

Started by Thraxon, June 04, 2017, 01:33:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thraxon

I reloaded my save today after the hotfix patch and after the combat with a poison ship, the combat music will never end. Tried save and reload, doesn't work.
Seen two post from the same bug in steam forum.

I don't have any mod

ReZpawner

Try enabling dev mode (in options), then click on the little wheel with the > on it to the left (4th button from the left, top center), and try to click on "start song...", then select a song from the list. It's right underneath "change weather..." in the Actions - Misc" category.

See if that helps, or if you get a double up remix of awesomeness.

Thraxon

I changed music it worked but combat music started after 1min for no reason (after the end of music i beleve)
Then i changed again and put the main menu music, after the end of the song, silent.
And finally i set the music " a new day"

It seem to work correctly now

Thanks for the tips

NeverPire

In my opinion, it fixes the problem, but not its cause.

Do you have any save file before the combat with the poison ship ?
When you reload it and fight again, does the music have the same problem ?

If it is, I think you could post the save file, it could be interesting for bugs trackers.

I will never do worse than what I do now.
It's what self-improvement means.

Toast

As a variation on this... I just started a brand new game after the patch and the very instant my 3 colonists crashlanded the combat music started. Of course there was no combat going on... but there WAS an Ancient Danger on the map which I opened out of curiosity and indeed found was full of angry mechanoids. Don't know if that's what caused it... but after reloading the map a few times (to the pre-mechanoid-reveal state) and finding it never stopped the combat music, I just junked the colony and started over. Thankfully the new one does not have the same problem, though it means I do not have the previous save anymore.

ETA: It's happened again, new colony, instant combat music at crashlanding, opened the ancient danger with dev mode and there were mechanoids inside which seem to be the only possible cause.

openyourmind

Had exact same issue. A17 Save, updated to a17b, always combat music.

Also, when starting a new colony, while the music is normal, I had friendlies come which means I am under attack. But music was calm and there was ancient danger as well.

NeverPire

When compiling, there are three bugs reported related with the A17b or the move of a save from A17a to A17b.

- Combat music won't stop
- Friendlies come to help, but there is no fight
- The name colony event doesn't trigger

Thraxon

Name colony bug may have nothing to do with the combat state bug.

I also had this bug "friends of village comme to help immediatly" while there was no combat for a while.
It was in the same game after i fixed the combat music .
Also i beleve the helper have some trouble leaving the map after the message, they wander at the border and start die from stravation. I saved 5 people and got 5x+15 relation due to this bug 

AngryCustomer

I have the exact same problem as OP. I even tried making a new colony but to no avail. The combat music starts right after crash landing.

Thraxon

i just noticed in the same game i builded a new mortar and while in peace i handle it.

It auto fire to a non-open ruin. The problem comes from this i beleve

The other mortars i had came from ennemy siege and had the hold fire activated so it did shot it.

Trylobyte

I can second the fact that when it happened to me I had active mechanoids in an unopened Ancient Danger and the music stopped once I killed all of them.  I never did get the chance to name my colony or faction though.

Zugustaz

I turned off fog, found the Ancient danger and killed them. Fixed it instantly.

NeverPire

This problem is linked with this one, resolved by Ison, one of the game dev.

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=33345.0

It is already fixed for the next release.

ison

Yes, it's already fixed. Thanks for reporting.