Items wont stack anymore (Update - Not a bug. Bad reinstall issue)

Started by Angeal9310, July 25, 2017, 05:00:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angeal9310

I didnt find here any thread with this problem but i also searched the first 6-7 pages here.

So i played rimworld now for quite some time but now all my items wont stack anymore.
All my items in my stockpile went down to one and also my colonists cant haul more than one of every ressource.

After i deinstalled the game and downloaded it again everything went back to normal, but after i closed the game and started it again the other day the problem was back.
And its not just that one colony. This problem exists also when i start a new one.
I didnt install any new mod or changed anything. it just occured when i started my game the other day.
I have no clue what causes this problem but deinstalling and downloading it again whenever i wanna play cant be a solution for this Problem.

Calahan

Can you please post your log file (as an attachment). Details on where to find it can be found in the following thread. https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=513.0

Also, when you are reinstalling, are you performing a clean reinstall or just doing it via Steam? If it's not a clean reinstall then can you please try that. Step by step instructions on how can be found in the following OP: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=4805.0

Finally, can you please confirm whether or not this issue is occurring in a new vanilla game. (so please try it without using any mods).

Angeal9310

Thank you for the quick help.

I only reinstalled it via steam.
So now after trying the clean reinstall everything is back to normal.

Calahan

Good to hear the game is working properly again. It sounds like there was some residue getting left behind when uninstalling just via Steam, which the game ignored when you reinstalled+immediately played the game, but was getting noticed and thrown into the mix (and causing problems) when you tried to play the game at a later date. If you get any problems again in the future then please try performing a clean reinstall, as that solves a wide variety of problems (so it's always a good place to start re: troubleshooting)

I'll close this now as the issue is resolved/not a bug.