Harmony

Started by Raf's, June 04, 2017, 01:46:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raf's

Soooo this il probably be a very dumb question but after hearing about A17 being out i also noticed that a new library was out (Harmony) the problem is, idk how to install it, i know i have mods that need it because of the Harmony.log but i have no idea how to use it, same thing it the Organized Research Tab. Once again my apologies for my stupidity.

Jaxxa

You should not need to install the library separately.
The general convention should be that each mod that used Harmony includes the .dll in its download and you dont have to do anything else.

Raf's

Quote from: Jaxxa on June 04, 2017, 11:03:57 PM
You should not need to install the library separately.
The general convention should be that each mod that used Harmony includes the .dll in its download and you dont have to do anything else.
But were do i put the Harmony Master folder for it to work?

dburgdorf

Quote from: Raf's on June 05, 2017, 12:18:25 PMBut were do i put the Harmony Master folder for it to work?

There is no "master folder." As far as the player is concerned, the fact that various mods use the Harmony library is completely invisible. You shouldn't need to do anything other than install the mods normally.
- Rainbeau Flambe (aka Darryl Burgdorf) -
Old. Short. Grumpy. Bearded. "Yeah, I'm a dorf."

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

Raf's

Quote from: dburgdorf on June 05, 2017, 01:05:58 PM
Quote from: Raf's on June 05, 2017, 12:18:25 PMBut were do i put the Harmony Master folder for it to work?

There is no "master folder." As far as the player is concerned, the fact that various mods use the Harmony library is completely invisible. You shouldn't need to do anything other than install the mods normally.
Strange i am getting Harmony-Master and then two other folders (Harmony and Harmony Test) and some files inside, am i downloading the wrong file? or do i just need to download it and do nothing else it the folder?

dburgdorf

Quote from: Raf's on June 05, 2017, 01:11:20 PMStrange i am getting Harmony-Master and then two other folders (Harmony and Harmony Test) and some files inside, am i downloading the wrong file? or do i just need to download it and do nothing else it the folder?

Unless you're planning to use the Harmony library in a mod you're creating, you don't need to download Harmony at all. As Jaxxa already noted, any mods which utilize it will include the necessary files in their own distributions.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?

Raf's

Quote from: dburgdorf on June 05, 2017, 03:30:52 PM
Quote from: Raf's on June 05, 2017, 01:11:20 PMStrange i am getting Harmony-Master and then two other folders (Harmony and Harmony Test) and some files inside, am i downloading the wrong file? or do i just need to download it and do nothing else it the folder?

Unless you're planning to use the Harmony library in a mod you're creating, you don't need to download Harmony at all. As Jaxxa already noted, any mods which utilize it will include the necessary files in their own distributions.
So unlike HugsLib, Harmony is not needed? So the Harmony.log doesn't appear because a mod needs it but because it was made it Harmony? ok it all makes sense, once again my apologies for the dumb question.

notfood

Some mod you are using has been packed with the debug version of Harmony, replace its dll with the non test version and that log won't appear.

Raf's

Quote from: notfood on June 05, 2017, 07:02:35 PM
Some mod you are using has been packed with the debug version of Harmony, replace its dll with the non test version and that log won't appear.
Well i have 60+ mods, took a look at the log and figured out it's something to do it traits (at least that is what i think) is there any downside to not replacing the dll?

notfood

You could just remove all 0harmony.dll and just leave one, could be the one in HugsLib.

As long as you know it's there, it'll work.

Fluffy (l2032)

I don't think it's necessarily a debug version of harmony, some mod may just be setting HarmonyInstance.DEBUG = true;. I know I have done so in the past, and forgotten to clean it up for release.

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: Fluffy (l2032) on June 06, 2017, 04:16:29 AM
I don't think it's necessarily a debug version of harmony, some mod may just be setting HarmonyInstance.DEBUG = true;. I know I have done so in the past, and forgotten to clean it up for release.

Knowing that, OP could use something like AstroGREP and do a search on the mod folder for that string. Would find the problem mod(s) pretty quickly.

Would they then set that to false, or remove the line completely?

Or is that baked into a DLL, in which case my idea wouldn't work.

Raf's

Quote from: BlackSmokeDMax on June 06, 2017, 10:27:45 AM
Quote from: Fluffy (l2032) on June 06, 2017, 04:16:29 AM
Knowing that, OP could use something like AstroGREP and do a search on the mod folder for that string. Would find the problem mod(s) pretty quickly.

Would they then set that to false, or remove the line completely?

Or is that baked into a DLL, in which case my idea wouldn't work.
Thx, helped a lot and i found the culprit, it was the Alien Framework mod. (Totally didn't write this inside the quotes)

dburgdorf

Quote from: BlackSmokeDMax on June 06, 2017, 10:27:45 AMOr is that baked into a DLL, in which case my idea wouldn't work.

Sadly, yes, the HarmonyInstance.DEBUG flag is set in the code, not in XML.

Buy me a Dr Pepper?