[Tool] (1.0) Save Game Editor

Started by Redjordan, June 04, 2017, 03:48:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sixdd

I'm having some issues using this with wine as well, on linux though. For some reason when I open a save it just closes the editor.

Redjordan

Quote from: Sixdd on June 19, 2017, 10:21:31 AM
I'm having some issues using this with wine as well, on linux though. For some reason when I open a save it just closes the editor.
I dont have a Linux-System around atm, so i can not say much about this.
It could be a problem with the savegame, could you provide me that savegame?

DragonLord

It's an absolute pleasure seeing someone take over the project I started and had no time to continue working on.
Keep on the good work, and I might even throw in some pull requests once in a blue moon :)

Sixdd

Quote from: Redjordan on June 21, 2017, 01:04:59 PM
Quote from: Sixdd on June 19, 2017, 10:21:31 AM
I dont have a Linux-System around atm, so i can not say much about this.
It could be a problem with the savegame, could you provide me that savegame?

Sorry I don't have that save anymore. I don't have time to get a new save up but when I get the time I'll be back :)

Duke Kayn

Any way to remove a pawn's weapon?

realworld666

Hey Redjordan. I just forked your git repository. I'm not especially familiar with git yet so I don't know if thats the right thing to do but I'm adding some functionality to your editor. So far I've added the ability to create new pawns for the player faction by cloning an existing pawn. Seems to work

realworld666

I've added support for modifying the items in your stockpile too. Let me know if this is of any interest to anyone. Just doing it for my own benefit at the moment :)

orman

I think your editor may have an incompatibility with the psychology mod. Save-games generated with the mod enabled results in this error:

QuoteSee the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at RimWorldSaveManager.Data.DataStructure.Name..ctor(XElement name)
   at RimWorldSaveManager.Data.DataStructure.PawnData..ctor(XElement xElement)
   at RimWorldSaveManager.DataLoader.LoadData(String path, TabControl tabControl)
   at RimWorldSaveManager.MainForm.toolStripLabel1_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.7.2116.0 built by: NET47REL1LAST
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
RimWorldSaveManager
    Assembly Version: 0.6.2.2
    Win32 Version: 0.6.2.2
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files%20(x86)/Steam/SteamApps/common/RimWorld/RimWorldSaveManager.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Xml.Linq
    Win32 Version: 4.7.2053.0 built by: NET47REL1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml.Linq/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.Linq.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Configuration
    Win32 Version: 4.7.2053.0 built by: NET47REL1
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Just a heads up. If you want specific save-games that generate this error, I plenty of examples.

Soltanis

Would be nice if you could add support for the removal of <healthState>Down</healthState> from the healthtracker of Animals and Pawns.

Quote from: realworld666 on September 27, 2017, 05:27:50 PM
I've added support for modifying the items in your stockpile too. Let me know if this is of any interest to anyone. Just doing it for my own benefit at the moment :)
I was beginning to wonder if there was some kind of agreement to not release an editor that included manipulation of items on the map floor.

@RealWorld666
Not to hijack RedJordan's thread.

But, I would be interested in a windows version of your edits.

Redjordan

Sorry it took so long, just uploaded an update to support version 1.0.
Changelog:
v0.7.0.0
   Bugfixes
   Add Support for Version 1.0

I finaly found time for this project again, so its likely i will add a few things over the next days.
Please post any bugs you encounter in this thread!

Redjordan

Uploaded a new version with some new functions:

Changelog:
v0.7.1.0

• Add item editing for pawn apparel and equipment
  • Add item editing for items on ground (StackCount is ignored as there are mods to change it)
  • Add options to full grow all plants, set quality and health for all items and remove all filth
  • Add option to copy colonists and animals (Thanks @realworld666 for the idea)
  • Bugfixes

If you encounter any bugs, please let me know about it.

AZ931104

Every time I try to open the executable, it just crashes. Any idea why? I put it right where the RimworldWin64.exe is.

Redjordan

Quote from: AZ931104 on January 13, 2019, 10:11:07 PM
Every time I try to open the executable, it just crashes. Any idea why? I put it right where the RimworldWin64.exe is.

This is likely caused by a mod you have in you mod folder. You could try to remove the mods one by one and start the editor to see which mod is causing the problem.
If this helps and you find the mod, please let me know so i can look into this.

Canute

Maybe the editor should create a logfile each start like Rimworld do ? :-)
Then you could see at what part the editor crashs.

ShiverJaw

The application fails to open with the Beta-humanoids mod installed. I have v0.7.1.3 of the save editor and the March 10, 2019 release of the Beta-humanoids mod.