[Tool] (1.0) Save Game Editor

Started by Redjordan, June 04, 2017, 03:48:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redjordan

This tool is a fork from https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=30413.0 with a few added functions.

Disclaimer: Use at your own risk, I am not responsible for your loss of progress.

At the moment it supports editing the follwing stats:
Colonists: Name, Skills, Age, Traits, Backstory, Injuries, Gender, Bodytype, Skincolor, Headtype, Hair, Haircolor, Relations, Items(see items)
Animals: Name, Age, Injuries, Training, Relations
Items: Health, Quality, StackCount, Base Material
Plants: Full grow all plants Supports races made with the Humanoid Alien Framework.
Supports races made with the Humanoid Alien Framework.

Mods that are added by the Steam Workshop are not supported. Only the mods in the "Mod"-folder will be searched for Traits, Backstories and Races.

The Save Game Editor loads data from you mod folder. If you cant start the app, try removing some mods from the folder, but allways leave the "Core" folder there.
If you can figure out which mod caused your problem, please leave a post with the mod name and version you are using, so i can try to support the mod.

Please post bugs in this thread!

Recent Changelogs:
v0.7.1.1

• Add building editing
  • Bugfixes
v0.7.1.0

• Add item editing for pawn apparel and equipment
  • Add item editing for items on ground (StackCount is ignored as there are mods to change it)
  • Add options to full grow all plants, set quality and health for all items and remove all filth
  • Add option to copy colonists and animals (Thanks @realworld666 for the idea)
  • Bugfixes
v0.7.0.0

• Bugfixes
  • Add Support for Version 1.0

Full changelog can be found here: https://bitbucket.org/Redjordan95/rimworldsavemanager/

You can download the tool here: https://bitbucket.org/Redjordan95/rimworldsavemanager/downloads/

Have Fun!

brbfapping

hi, any chance you could add a way to edit relationships? two of my pawns had a breakup and i'd like to edit them back together if possible :D

thanks

Redjordan

Quote from: brbfapping on June 06, 2017, 03:45:15 AM
hi, any chance you could add a way to edit relationships? two of my pawns had a breakup and i'd like to edit them back together if possible :D

thanks
I`m on it.
If everything works out, i will release it tomorrow.

Redjordan

Uploaded an Update!
Changelog:
v0.6.2.1
    Add editing of relations
    Bugfixes

The editing of relations is still in testing!
Please post any bugs you encounter in this thread!

MrEprize

With this new branch I receive this message "System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.".
I can open and use v.0.5.4.5 successfully (x64)
Is this because the new version is Win32?  My system Win 10 x64.
I tried to update .Net but it says that I already have the latest version 4.7.

Any help would be appreciated.

Redjordan

Quote from: MrEprize on June 07, 2017, 02:38:30 PM
With this new branch I receive this message "System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.".
I can open and use v.0.5.4.5 successfully (x64)
Is this because the new version is Win32?  My system Win 10 x64.
I tried to update .Net but it says that I already have the latest version 4.7.

Any help would be appreciated.

You cant start the app or you cant load a savegame?
If you cant start the app, try starting it without mods in your mod folder. If that works pls let me know which mod causes the problem.
If you cant load a savegame, i would need the savegame.

MrEprize

Thanks for the info!

I just tried started a new game with no mods and it worked great.  So I enabled all my mods and tried another new save with mods and that works.

It must be my original save, it works with the old editor but not the new.  No worries, maybe i will just start a new game.

Thanks for your help Redjordan!

Redjordan

Quote from: MrEprize on June 07, 2017, 07:57:51 PM
Thanks for the info!

I just tried started a new game with no mods and it worked great.  So I enabled all my mods and tried another new save with mods and that works.

It must be my original save, it works with the old editor but not the new.  No worries, maybe i will just start a new game.

Thanks for your help Redjordan!
Can you send me the save game file, thats not working, so I can debug the problem?

MrEprize

I sent you PM, let me know if you need anything else.

Redjordan

Quote from: MrEprize on June 08, 2017, 11:17:20 AM
I sent you PM, let me know if you need anything else.
The problem was caused by colonists without traits.
Uploaded a new version with a fix for this.

MrEprize

brbfapping

Quote from: Redjordan on June 07, 2017, 10:14:15 AM
Uploaded an Update!
Changelog:
v0.6.2.1
    Add editing of relations
    Bugfixes

The editing of relations is still in testing!
Please post any bugs you encounter in this thread!

thanks man, it really works great! i'm impressed by how fast you got to it!

another idea i had, do you think you could add a way to edit Caravan Request trade events? i've been doing it myself by hand editing the XML, also, is there any way you could add some kind of calculator to be able to add or subtract days/months from a timestamp or a converter to convert timestamp to date? for example a starttime of 136234, it would be nice to be able to know what day/month that equals so you can edit the times more precisely because right now there isn't a very good system to do that and i just have to guesstimate based on timestamps of other events
EDIT: also, it would be nice to be able to see the current game time, i know it would probably mess a lot of stuff up if you changed it but it would be nice to see the current date and time in the calculator/converter so you can go off of it, if you decide to add any of that stuff

another idea that goes with the caravan request is editing bandit camps and item stash opportunities because they are very similar, but i'm mainly interested in being able to edit caravan requests

this Caravan Request is asking for 1,724 rice and rewards an AI persona core
<li Class="FactionBase">
<def>FactionBase</def>
<ID>160</ID>
<tile>576603</tile>
<faction>Faction_7</faction>
<requestThingDef>RawRice</requestThingDef>
<requestCount>1724</requestCount>
<rewards Class="Verse.ThingOwner`1[Verse.Thing]">
<maxStacks>1</maxStacks>
<innerList>
<li Class="ThingWithComps">
<def>AIPersonaCore</def>
<id>AIPersonaCore235504</id>
<health>100</health>
<stackCount>1</stackCount>
</li>
</innerList>
</rewards>
<expiration>4018000</expiration>
<previouslyGeneratedInhabitants />
<trader Class="FactionBase_TraderTracker">
<tmpSavedPawns />
<stock IsNull="True" />
<lastStockGenerationTicks>-1</lastStockGenerationTicks>
</trader>
<nameInt>Rego</nameInt>
</li>

thanks again man, i really appreciate everything!  :D

dookie

The save editor is great, and I've successfully been using it for quite a while through the various iterations.

I have a bug to report though:  when I open the app and a save file, the drop-down list for adding traits is missing.  When I click the button for "add" as in add a new trait, it defaults to "nudist" which I guess is the first selection. 

The app's window box didn't used to be locked on maximize and oddly formatted like this.  I tried using previous versions (eg. v0.6.1.0) and the previous saves before I ran into this bug, but the traits list is always missing regardless if I revert to a previous editor or save file.

I thought it might have been a conflict with the MAI mod (https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=3612.0) since the save editor doesn't recognize my constructed MAI bot as a colonist, even though in the game, it has the exact same type of attributes and abilities as any other colonist/pawn.  However, this couldn't have been the cause for the bug, because like I said, I tried editing older saves from before I installed the mod.

Any help or suggestions would be welcome.  Thanks in advance.

Redjordan

I am on vacation atm, i will look into the requests and bugs after that.

brbfapping

another slight problem i've had since i started using your save editor, is i cant use it for certain things on Wine on OS X, i play rimworld on OS X with wine, and your save editor works but buttons on the bottom right of the UI are cut off for some reason, if you can figure out how to fix that it would be really great, right now i have to load a virtual PC to edit saves

http://imgur.com/a/DzvOq

thanks again for everything man