[1.0] TropiCKAPP Rainforest Mod

Started by kaptain_kavern, June 04, 2017, 09:16:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canute

Yep, the new floor works great, special when you want to build walls.
If you want to build floors, you should build a roof first.
The "grass" don't grow under a roof, but trees and other plants still appear but thats not that much like "grass".

2Ton21

Something I have noticed with the work to build of the trampled and packed dirt floor is that their work to build is 5 and 12. Building the vanilla wood floor is only 2 work to build? that intentional? I have been using the more floors mod and just building barn floors because it is quicker and then i have a construction/haul stopper that keeps plants and trees from regrowing as well with the hauler mod.

Wilponderroci

I would love to see some compatibility patches with hospitality and this mod as they are both true works of art

Canute

Quote from: 2Ton21 on June 22, 2017, 05:13:15 AM
Something I have noticed with the work to build of the trampled and packed dirt floor is that their work to build is 5 and 12. Building the vanilla wood floor is only 2 work to build? that intentional? I have been using the more floors mod and just building barn floors because it is quicker and then i have a construction/haul stopper that keeps plants and trees from regrowing as well with the hauler mod.
Yes that was intented. Both floors don't need resources to be build.
when you build wood floors you need to have wood closeby or the tile could regroup while the builder haul wood.

wwWraith

Quote from: 2Ton21 on June 22, 2017, 05:13:15 AM

Earlier I used the floors from the More Floors mod, too, but now the Trampled paths are quicker. The hauling and accidental cutting regrowed plants often take a lot more work.
Think about it. Think around it. Perhaps you'll get some new good idea even if it would be completely different from my words.

Pheanox

Quote from: Wilponderroci on June 22, 2017, 08:33:59 AM
I would love to see some compatibility patches with hospitality and this mod as they are both true works of art

What is the issue you are having with Hospitality?  There used to be a conflict but I haven't seen any issues after a recent update to TropiCKAPP.

Canute

Me either, no conflicts.
Visitors just have sometimes a hard time to move to your base because of the slow movement and predators.

Wilponderroci

there was a weird bug where when a group was leaving the map it would just keep dinging and messaging to infinitude.

could be another mod no question. I think the map was actually desert.

I had read there were some incompatibilities due to faction adds and animals, I assumed that it may have an issue even if it wasnt on tropical.

nonetheless the dinging and spamming of the screen was rather unnerving. 

removing hospitality stopped it.

I will post the mods Im using in hospitality thread in the next 24hrs.

kaptain_kavern

Yep, the last (and only) update should have solved compatibility issue with Hospitality.

Sorry folks I keep post-poning replying in this thread but I'm reading everything. Will make a proper post later. Hope you're enjoying the mod

Hydromancerx

Can you release a stand alone version with just the animals?

Wilponderroci

So yeah this is the mod list attached if this is helpful. Not sure if its this mod specifically thats conflicting with hospitality.

Again the issue is that if a visitor trys to exit the map under certain conditions it will trigger an infinite loop of beeps and notifications.

i.e. blah faction is leaving.

I have also posted this in hospitality.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

wwWraith

Wilponderroci, Hospitality conflicts with RefugeeStats.
Think about it. Think around it. Perhaps you'll get some new good idea even if it would be completely different from my words.

Pheanox

So I've been using TropiCKAPP Rainforests for a while now and thought I would weigh in on my thoughts on the balance.

My biggest issue every time I play is that jungle-cats eventually all start hunting solely my animals and pawns.  I thought this was just part of the challenge but I started looking around the map.  I noticed that almost all other animals had been eaten other than elephants.  I think there are either too many jungle-cats spawned on the map, or they get hungry too quickly.  They seem to be eating the entire map of animals before they can repopulate or re-spawn, which forces about 15-20 panthers, tigers, and jaguars to circle my base until I draft a bunch of pawns and wipe them out.

Other than that, the new paths are an excellent addition, way less ugly than putting wood down everywhere but still take a significant amount of time to cut paths for your base.

Canute

kaptain_kavern,
could you maybe rename the packed dirt floor into smooth dirt/terrain ?
Because at [A17] Rainbeau's Fertile Fields exist a terraform tile "packed dirt". Some player could be confused when they want terraform your packed dirt floor into something else and that didn't work. You don't see a different if it is packed dirt floor or packed dirt tile.

kaptain_kavern

Quote from: Pheanox on June 27, 2017, 11:29:38 PM
So I've been using TropiCKAPP Rainforests for a while now and thought I would weigh in on my thoughts on the balance.

My biggest issue every time I play is that jungle-cats eventually all start hunting solely my animals and pawns.  I thought this was just part of the challenge but I started looking around the map.  I noticed that almost all other animals had been eaten other than elephants.  I think there are either too many jungle-cats spawned on the map, or they get hungry too quickly.  They seem to be eating the entire map of animals before they can repopulate or re-spawn, which forces about 15-20 panthers, tigers, and jaguars to circle my base until I draft a bunch of pawns and wipe them out.

Other than that, the new paths are an excellent addition, way less ugly than putting wood down everywhere but still take a significant amount of time to cut paths for your base.
Thank you so much for your feedbacks!
That is what modders need to make precise balancing. I will definitively look at decreasing a bit (or more ^^) jungle-cats occurrence.

Quote from: Hydromancerx on June 23, 2017, 04:07:19 PM
Can you release a stand alone version with just the animals?
I haven't forget about you neither ;) - It is planned. Promise

Quote from: Wilponderroci on June 22, 2017, 08:33:59 AM
With the last up to date version of both mods you should not have problems, normally (not this one at least  :o). The old bug is now fixed.

Quote from: Canute on June 30, 2017, 08:46:49 AM
kaptain_kavern,
could you maybe rename the packed dirt floor into smooth dirt/terrain?
Because at [A17] Rainbeau's Fertile Fields exist a terraform tile "packed dirt". Some player could be confused when they want to terraform your packed dirt floor into something else and that didn't work. You don't see a difference if it is packed dirt floor or packed dirt tile.
Thank you too for reporting this one.
I have replied in R-FF's thread, I will definitively address this little problem.
In fact, I even asked for some help from R-FF's author for making it more compatible. If it's possible I would prefer for my modded floor to be deactivated if R-FF is present.

Thank you all for your interrest and feedbacks and for just being generally awesome, clever and polite :p

Next update will be minor update/fix with all of what I just talked  ;D