[1.0] TropiCKAPP Rainforest Mod

Started by kaptain_kavern, June 04, 2017, 09:16:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kaptain_kavern

The water in vanilla was like that for a moment in the first A17 beta. It was reverted for the real A17 release.

Yes this mod will make things more laggish because of the added plants and animals (for each the game as to compute more) but in the end even on my old computer I can play. Also the more mods you add the more it became laggy.

Some things you can do to gain a bit of fps is playing on smaller maps (this is the best option for gaining fps), removing plants swaying in Options and using the "cleaning-savefile" mod

MCreeper

Oh ok. I meant lags with nonexistent mod on water, not with this  :)

Napple

A few questions:
1. are the jitter berries supposed to have the raw food debuff from eating them and is there some way to counteract this

2. are you considering some tropical meals to take advantage of the new crops you added

lllMWNlll

It's been long since i did posted something at Ludeons Forums. It's good to be back...

I use this mod since 11A (i thing), really adds the "essential" for the Tropical biome in my opinion...
I got a suggestion: it's a quite dense rain forest. But i'm missing moss on the rock floor and on the natural rock walls. Google it "Tropical Moss" and see pictures. You get the idea.

You know the green moss grows in very humid regions like tropical rain forest and they can grow over the rocks, asphalt, wood, everywhere that it's constantly humid but not submerged, they look nice but are annoying. They make wood, metal material to deteriorate faster due to their humidity. They can cause in very rare occasions an short circuits in damaged and exposed cables (personal experience, was not fun!). Also they can help develop sickness if leaved alone for too long.

Would be a good addition to this mod, it increases the difficult to live in rainforest and content - adding moss to the sculptures which leave them even more beautifull.

Wilponderroci

seems to be throwing a few duplicate errors from your animal overhaul??

Should I be using only one of these?

kaptain_kavern

Alas my friend, yes.   :-\

For the time being.

You see I use some parts of TropiCKAPP to make some features for Animals Overhaul, so I have to update TropiCKAPP to get rid of the things that doubles.

I promise to make it quick :D Sorry for the inconvenience

faltonico

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on August 01, 2017, 08:37:28 PM
Alas my friend, yes.   :-\

For the time being.

You see I use some parts of TropiCKAPP to make some features for Animals Overhaul, so I have to update TropiCKAPP to get rid of the things that doubles.

I promise to make it quick :D Sorry for the inconvenience
The moment you update that, ill go back to the jungle.

kaptain_kavern

Update time and Steam release

This update will be save-breaking!

!!! Do not update on an existing play/game !!!
      Be sure to completely remove the previous mod folder

This update removes all vanilla animals modifications.
You can have them back (and more) in the Vanilla Animals Overhaul mod.

What was removed?
- Elephant eating trees and pack-Elephant
- Rhino, Gazelle, Ibex, Deer, Elk, and Caribou dropping tusks/horns/antlers
- Milkable Alpaca, Deer and Ibex

What has changed?
- Animal density changes - Less big cats and more prey :
        Chinchilla (from 2 to 1)
        Capybara (from 2.2 to 1.5)
        Tapir (from 1.5 to 1.6)
        Okapi (from 1.5 to 1.3)
        Elephant (from 0.6 to 0.7)
        Tiger (from 0.4 to 0.15)
        Jaguar (from 0.4 to 0.15)
        Peafowl (from 0.2 to 0.5)
        Panther (from .2 to 0.15)
        Alpaca (from 0.25 to 0.2)
        Cassowary (from 0.15 to 0.35)
- Plant density changes :
        Mahogany (from 0.6 to 0.3)
        Cecropia (from 0.3 to 0.2)
        Bromeliad (from 0.3 to 0.4)
        Coconut Palm (from 0.25 to 0.35)
- Reduced mahogany minimum and maximum size a bit (For visual coherence)
- Reduce Strangler Fig minimum size (So we see a bigger difference between the young ones and the mature ones)
Minor changes
- Removed lots of useless code (abstract bases from Core) that was not needed now. Could even improve compatibility a bit
- Fixing Rafflesias and Wild LemonGrass not being selectable and make the wild Bromelia un-selectable (like in vanilla where most "useless" wild plants aren't)
- Added ModSyncNinja support

As always OP as been updated and download link is good to go.

EDIT: SteamWorkshop link will follow as soon as I've finished  ;D

kaptain_kavern

Steam Workshop is setup ;p

Link added in OP    8)

Fisty

Moving over here to talk about Vegi Garden.. The only things I can see as being a problem is VG already adds bananas, coconuts, bamboo, figs, and neutro flower petals to craft neutroamine, not sure how they will work together.  Don't see the neutro being an issue having two options to make it and the result will be the default game item, but the others might cause problems.  Fruit trees, bamboo, healroot, mushrooms, extra decorative flowers, extra decorative trees, etc spawn wild on the map as well.  I don't know if your map generation/spawning will overwrite that or if they'll both contribute?  (I don't know how that part works, not a huge deal if yours just overwrites as long as it doesn't break the game)
Attaching a pic of all the options for planting with VG fully researched - I haven't played on a jungle map in quite a while, I might have missed something.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

Canute

VG and this works together.
But tropical fruits arn't the same fruits you need for VG recipes even.
You will see 2 storage filter entries.
But this is only for the wild growing fruits. Fruits you can plant are VG only.

kaptain_kavern

Since last VG updates, Dismar (the author) added a compatibility patch.
It will detect "automagically" if you have TropiCKAPP activated and then adds my modded fruits to the right category, include them in VG recipes and all of that.

So all praise for him :p

I just released on Steam (and added to github release) a version with only the animals

Spino

The way this mod makes the jungles look is just marvelous, you can almost feel all the exoticity, humidity and diseases in the air, haha
I would totally use it if not for the fact that the animals collab project thingy already has pandas, tigers, etc. in it (though I may remove those from that mod just to use your rendition of those animals) + I'm using a mod, one of the functions of which is to increase the density of forests. In addition to TropiCKAPP doing the same... do you think the thickness of the jungle would become just a tad ridiculous?  Should I not be using those two together? :D

Oblitus

kaptain_kavern

Hi guys, thanks for your feedbacks.

So yes, Oblitus had had the simpler (so the better, IMO) idea. I will release a version without animals (already made one without plants ^^). Did the animals in ACP are now better-balanced (I tried it once only), btw?

About plants density, I really have to have a look at this other one mod that change plant density, could you please give me it's name? (It was asked a couple of time on Steam as well).
I'm not that sure without real test; (it also depends on how the other mod is coded) but I think that if you launch mine after in mod order, you should be OK. I used patchOperationReplace in my patch file so I guess it should overwrite any other changes (for Rainforest biome o lay) if launched last