[1.0] TropiCKAPP Rainforest Mod

Started by kaptain_kavern, June 04, 2017, 09:16:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oblitus

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on August 22, 2017, 11:52:52 AM
Did the animals in ACP are now better-balanced (I tried it once only), btw?
Well, not really. ACP animals got some rebalancing, but not nearly enough to recommend it as vanilla friendly. But they are still fun as is. Spirit wolves FTW.
About plants density, I really have to have a look at this other one mod that change plant density, could you please give me it's name? (It was asked a couple of time on Steam as well).
http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/browse/?appid=294100&searchtext=density

Spino

Hi guys, thanks for your feedbacks.

So yes, Oblitus had had the simpler (so the better, IMO) idea. I will release a version without animals (already made one without plants ^^). Did the animals in ACP are now better-balanced (I tried it once only), btw?

About plants density, I really have to have a look at this other one mod that change plant density, could you please give me it's name? (It was asked a couple of time on Steam as well).
I'm not that sure without real test; (it also depends on how the other mod is coded) but I think that if you launch mine after in mod order, you should be OK. I used patchOperationReplace in my patch file so I guess it should overwrite any other changes (for Rainforest biome o lay) if launched last

Since the first question (and most of the second, for that matter) has already been answered, I'll just add one more mod to the list, that allows you to change the density of forests, which is Configurable Maps. I was talking about it specifically :]

laokangz2

hi  nice to see this mod, like its a lot of animals,  i also like A DOG said  mod, this mod update recently.
could you  update a patch to work with ADS, below are ADS 's new update
add
new Heal old injuries/scars new 
new A Dog Said Research Tab: Simple Animal Prosthetics, Animal Bionics, Animal Healing new 
new scytherblade as tail replacement and powerclaw as leg replacement, prosthetic nose   new

kaptain_kavern

Hi laokangz2

Thank you for asking this! The thing is I already updated it and release but it looks like I uploaded the wrong version on Github. And without you I had not realized it.

It's a shame as I'm one of the maintainer of ADS too |x_x]

I will corect this ASAP (in a couple of hours max)

laokangz2

thanks, but from Github, it also the old one, could you check  it, very thanks

Luckspeare

Just wanted to say I'm really enjoying playing a rainforest tile with this mod.  Really makes it a lively biome with its own play dynamic.  Thank you!

RequiemFang

Curious is there a way to lower the amount of tree spawning? it's somewhat of a pain to have trees sprouting the very instant any crops are harvested. It's making tending crop fields very tedious.

DiamondBorne

One of the best mod. Turns any jungle biome into Catachan deathworld due to how fast the weeds can grow. Never underestimate it or your pawn will spend entire day clearing weeds only to see them again in the morning.  :)

GrimTrigger

Loving the mod so far, but I too am wondering what field I will need to change to slightly reduce the regrowth rate for the plants.  The numbers associated with "growdays" and "reproducemtbdays" is not necessarily intuitive. Most have a number in-between 3 to 7 days(?) but its very clear that this is not the case when clearing a field the plants regrow within an hour or so.  I just want the plants to stay 'cut' about a day or so and any assistance you can provide me so I can make the changes myself is appreciated!

EDIT:  Also... how do I go about reducing the amount of rain I get a little bit as well... while I get the whole rain-forest aspect, I dont know of any place that rains this often...

caesius

DiamondBorne

Does this mod compatible/works with GeneticRim?

GrimTrigger

I've seen no issues with GeneticRim, but the new animals are not included in the list of animals to be modified or used. 

No one has an answer to the regrowth/rain rate?

Harry_Dicks

Holy moly! This mod is freaking BEAUTIFUL! Could we ever expect a B18 release? Is something like that even on the horizon, even if it is a long ways away? Can't believe I haven't seen this before now. I guess it helps to stalk people's signatures, past posts, and github repositories. ;)

Harry_Dicks

There's a chance I may or may not have this working on B18! The non-stop rain from Cold Desert Nights (also B18!) is pretty freaking awesome, too! Gives it a real rainforest vibe, top not immersion! ;D

And I may or may not have asked Captain Kavern's permission to upload the B18 version ;)

Kori

Harry, do you think it is possible to deactivate the new animals  :(  for CE without breaking the mod?