[1.0] TropiCKAPP Rainforest Mod

Started by kaptain_kavern, June 04, 2017, 09:16:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Kori on February 12, 2018, 05:58:30 PM
Harry, do you think it is possible to deactivate the new animals  :(  for CE without breaking the mod?

Absolutely. You can only have the plant changes if you like. I think CE has special plants that are required to make special ingredients. If it has any new plants that are added to the jungle, then I can make a version for CE that has them included if you need.

I guess I can have a few versions if you guys want, and this is all assuming that Captain Kavern would be okay with this, as he has been MiA for a little bit, and I would think he would want other people to enjoy his beautiful work :)

Also a disclaimer: I don't have any modding experience with CE. This is all from just sort of assuming how a lot of it works. With this mod being xml only, I think I should be able to get it to work with CE, but no promises.

Vanilla Versions
Regular
Without animals (some people may want this anyway for other reasons. For example Genetic Rim does not have cool variants for these)

Combat Extended Versions
Regular (including any plants added by CE, if it has them)
Without animals (again including plants if it needs them)

Kori

That's very ambitious!
Even if I knew there aren't any links in your post yet I still tried to click them, just to be sure. :D

CE doesn't add any plants, only the animals would require a patch to make them compatible. This is from the CE thread:

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on June 09, 2017, 04:13:13 PM
Compatibility
Since CE makes sweeping changes to the combat system it is unfortunately incompatible with any mod adding new weapons and requires a compatibility patch. Mods adding new animals also require a patch to add new CE melee verbs and body shapes to animals. Trying to shoot at an unpatched animal will produce a log error to warn you about it using the default body shape.

For instructions on how to make a mod compatible with CE, see the CE Wiki on GitHub.

beeeboop

I played with this mod on A17. It was INCREDIBLE! Really, really well done. It's the most engaging biome mod that I've played. I'm super bummed not to see an A18 version. Is there any chance of an update?

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: beeeboop on February 13, 2018, 05:58:06 PM
I played with this mod on A17. It was INCREDIBLE! Really, really well done. It's the most engaging biome mod that I've played. I'm super bummed not to see an A18 version. Is there any chance of an update?

If you read just a few posts previous, you will see that it is working. I have updated the mod to B18, I just haven't posted it. I was hoping to get a response back from Captain Kavern, but he seems to be not on here much lately :-\ So I might do it soon, because I don't recall seeing any license information anywhere for this. If anyone has, please, let me know.

Hydromancerx

Has the animal only mod been updated?

The Real Soviet

This mod is really the beautiest mod, that I've ever seen  ;D

KevinHann

Please tell me this mod isn't dead  :'(

Paznoz

He is currently updating it!!!!  8)
All hail KK !

kaptain_kavern

Hi fellas, guess who's back ?  8)

Thanks to the help of some user from Github who took over my previous failed attempt at updating the mod and finished the work, I have now a playable version on Github. Just meaning it starts and I can play a bit without errors.

I'm now in the process of polishing things before a proper release. (Bugtracker is here)

The more adventurous of you can download the prototype from the main page of the Github repository (but you are full aware of this being prone to be filled with bugs).

kaptain_kavern

Et Bam !

1.0 update baby!  8)

Update to 1.0

- The mod now adds the new plants and animals to Tropical Swamp as well
    - The mod also add 2 new arctic animals to cold Biomes : Arctic Hares and Snow Leopards
    - The mod is now compatible with A Dog Said mod and will patch animals automagically
    - Modded crop Plants have more coherent growing size on screen - They start smaller and gets bigger visually as they grow
    - The mod is using ModCheck now to detect A Dog Said and displays hints in the console
    - Removing old unused textures
    - Better wrote patches that make the mod starting quicker
    - Adding Manifest.xml files for working with ModManager mod

ivanovic77

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on April 07, 2019, 07:21:17 PM
Et Bam !

1.0 update baby!  8)

Update to 1.0

- The mod now adds the new plants and animals to Tropical Swamp as well
    - The mod also add 2 new arctic animals to cold Biomes : Arctic Hares and Snow Leopards
    - The mod is now compatible with A Dog Said mod and will patch animals automagically
    - Modded crop Plants have more coherent growing size on screen - They start smaller and gets bigger visually as they grow
    - The mod is using ModCheck now to detect A Dog Said and displays hints in the console
    - Removing old unused textures
    - Better wrote patches that make the mod starting quicker
    - Adding Manifest.xml files for working with ModManager mod

Hey kaptain_kavern, thanks for the update... I've been missing this mod in the last Rimworld updates.

Canute

kaptain_kavern,
did you maybe made a mistake with the texture path of the safari hat ?
Failed to find any texture while constructing Multi(initPath=Things/Pawn/Humanlike/Apparel/SafariHat/SafariHat, color=RGBA(1.000, 1.000, 1.000, 1.000), colorTwo=RGBA(1.000, 1.000, 1.000, 1.000)). Filenames have changed; if you are converting an old mod, recommend renaming textures from *_back to *_north, *_side to *_east, and *_front to *_south.
Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
Verse.Graphic_Multi:Init(GraphicRequest)
Verse.GraphicDatabase:GetInner(GraphicRequest)
Verse.GraphicDatabase:Get(String, Shader, Vector2, Color)
RimWorld.ApparelGraphicRecordGetter:TryGetGraphicApparel_Patch0(Apparel, BodyTypeDef, ApparelGraphicRecord&)
Verse.PawnGraphicSet:ResolveApparelGraphics_Patch1(Object)
AlienRace.HarmonyPatches:ResolveAllGraphicsPrefix(PawnGraphicSet)
Verse.PawnGraphicSet:ResolveAllGraphics_Patch2(Object)
Verse.PawnRenderer:RenderPawnAt_Patch1(Object, Vector3, RotDrawMode, Boolean)
Verse.PawnRenderer:RenderPawnAt(Vector3)
Verse.Pawn_DrawTracker:DrawAt_Patch1(Object, Vector3)
Verse.Pawn:DrawAt(Vector3, Boolean)
Verse.Thing:Draw()
Verse.ThingWithComps:Draw()
Verse.DynamicDrawManager:DrawDynamicThings()
Verse.Map:MapUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

renaming textures from *_back to *_north, *_side to *_east, and *_front to *_south. fix the problem.

Austupaio

Cool mod, never happened upon it before, but I practically always start out in the jungle so this looks great.

Meatbomb

Anyone else confused about the apiary?

I research beekeeping but it does not appear on my build list.  Even though I have seen it at enemy bases!  Any advice?

CrazyMalk

This mod seems to have an outdaded ModCheck.dll, would copying it over from the ModCheck.dll assemblies fix the issue?