A few new ideas

Started by s22190, June 19, 2014, 04:31:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

s22190

Just a few ideas here (some of them might be a repeat from other folks previous post so I do apologize in advance to the moderators.)

-Body Armor. It really bothers me that you cant equip your colonist with at least some kind of cheap basic protection. A basic body armor would do it and be fun (craftable from metal and woods I guess) Research would open better armor etc...
- Mechanized Armor Soldier System. If the enemy can have mechanoids, why cant we say : I Haz Mecha too XD ! Somekind of Highly expensive mechanized armor that is fueled by uranium and fires missiles would be fun.
-Friendly Faction trade post, or ambassador building: Basically a building that would be used by friendly factions to come and trade with you; stay there for a while, etc...
-Traps : where is the fun when you cant put a few traps in there ? Bear traps would be fun and effective !
-Glass: For windows and sunroofs; because not everyone loves the lush feeling of a lamp in a cave.
-Beefalos/buffalo/mufallo dung fertilizer: Because Picking up crap is fun
-Dogs !: or any other kind of trainable/tamable pets like lizards would be fun
-Levers or ways to lock and open doors remotely (put this with DOGS and prison cells and you got yerself an arena XD
--Larger doors: : self evident

Anyway great game, love it, had one energy drink too much and just wanted to add my two cents to it :)

Dobbs

Good suggestions, definitely want armor and a trading post.

Bozzarr

I want it! I want it all!!

Untrustedlife

Quote from: s22190 on June 19, 2014, 04:31:27 PM
Just a few ideas here (some of them might be a repeat from other folks previous post so I do apologize in advance to the moderators.)

-Body Armor. It really bothers me that you cant equip your colonist with at least some kind of cheap basic protection. A basic body armor would do it and be fun (craftable from metal and woods I guess) Research would open better armor etc...
- Mechanized Armor Soldier System. If the enemy can have mechanoids, why cant we say : I Haz Mecha too XD ! Somekind of Highly expensive mechanized armor that is fueled by uranium and fires missiles would be fun.
-Friendly Faction trade post, or ambassador building: Basically a building that would be used by friendly factions to come and trade with you; stay there for a while, etc...
-Traps : where is the fun when you cant put a few traps in there ? Bear traps would be fun and effective !
-Glass: For windows and sunroofs; because not everyone loves the lush feeling of a lamp in a cave.
-Beefalos/buffalo/mufallo dung fertilizer: Because Picking up crap is fun
-Dogs !: or any other kind of trainable/tamable pets like lizards would be fun
-Levers or ways to lock and open doors remotely (put this with DOGS and prison cells and you got yerself an arena XD
--Larger doors: : self evident

Anyway great game, love it, had one energy drink too much and just wanted to add my two cents to it :)
awwwww, look at all those bright shiny new forum faces :)

in all seriousness though, dogs and levers and traps - win idea in my book

The mechanoids are an ancient mechanoid hive.. (They are ancient and therefore technologically superior), think of the world in forms of tech levels, tribes people are described by the game as "Neolithic", People who have spaceships are "Spacers", Mechanoids hives are described as being "Ultra"

Your colony is ( (as a result of the crash) JUST BELOW) spacer. (which s a sort pseudo post-industrial tech level (where you have some neat tech (eg, food dispensers) but we rely on  industrial tech (eg solar/geothermal power, pistols and rifles) , just above you is lazer rifles (r-4 charge rifles) and powered body armor which are "Spacer" tech level....... (what i am trying to say is that mechanized suits (or mecha armies) may be ahead of our tech level . (The lore describes rimworlds as industrial)

(Tech levels are such a cool mechanic though., we may end up with some "Medieval Factions" (which is why we have medieval oafs and such)
So dwarf fortress in space eh?
I love it.
I love it so much.
Please keep it that way.

Hey Guys, Here is the first succession Game of rim world for your reading Pleasure, it is in progress right now

LINK