[A17] Xen's Junk - Races and all kinds of stuff. - EVEN MORE NEW STUFF!

Started by XenGrimm, June 05, 2017, 09:03:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrsebseb

Make sure you have the latest Alien Races Framework

Jecmenn

Quote from: mrsebseb on July 05, 2017, 11:44:01 AM

I have 2.1.5 which is the latest version on GitHub. And because i have DRM free version from website i can't download (probably more updated) steam version.

mrsebseb

Quote from: Jecmenn on July 05, 2017, 11:51:25 AM

I have 2.1.5 which is the latest version on GitHub. And because i have DRM free version from website i can't download (probably more updated) steam version.

Test downloading it from here: https://github.com/erdelf/AlienRaces
It shows a commit 3 days ago which coincides with the steam update.

SpaceDorf

Listen XenGrimm,

I really, really love a good nasty pun, but your Name sounds quite similiar to that fantastic orange rock guy ..
and .. well I really don't want to think of his junk whenever I read your thread title ..

.. nothing personal, I just wanted to put it out there .. share the pain and so on ..
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Jecmenn

Quote from: mrsebseb on July 05, 2017, 01:09:43 PM
Quote from: Jecmenn on July 05, 2017, 11:51:25 AM

Test downloading it from here: https://github.com/erdelf/AlienRaces
It shows a commit 3 days ago which coincides with the steam update.

Ooh, thank you so much! Downloaded and error is fixed!

Jecmenn

Alright so i finally fixed all errors from other mods and got into game but seems like Zabraks are bugged or something because they are just pink squares with names. Despite having them very high in my mod list. I had same problems with Star Trek mod but the error was in missing textures (which was also generated in log) but no errors regarding textures or anything.

Oh and also Racc mod throwing XML errors regarding tails.

mrsebseb

Zabrak's have hairs assigned to them that don't come with the mod IIRC.
These ones:http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=839849806, I think.
I don't think there a non-steam download.

I don't use it as I use "Facial Stuff" and don't like the idea of double beards (:P) so I disabled the relevant hairstyles.

If you open up Hairs_Zabrak.xml just remove or otherwise disable these entries:

• XevaZab
  • Tied UpZ
  • WonkyZab
  • VoZunkoZ
  • VoYukariZab
  • VoONEZab
  • VoKiritanZab

And if the tails error is the RTails one, I believe it's harmless. I could be wrong though.
Hope that helps

Jecmenn

Quote from: mrsebseb on July 06, 2017, 06:41:33 AM
Zabrak's have hairs assigned to them that don't come with the mod IIRC.
These ones:http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=839849806, I think.
I don't think there a non-steam download.

I don't use it as I use "Facial Stuff" and don't like the idea of double beards (:P) so I disabled the relevant hairstyles.

If you open up Hairs_Zabrak.xml just remove or otherwise disable these entries:

• XevaZab
  • Tied UpZ
  • WonkyZab
  • VoZunkoZ
  • VoYukariZab
  • VoONEZab
  • VoKiritanZab

And if the tails error is the RTails one, I believe it's harmless. I could be wrong though.
Hope that helps

Helped a lot, thank you! Yes it's the RTails error and it seems harmless but the error popup is annoying though.

Sometimes i feel i'm being punished by having DRM-free version of the game  ::)

XenGrimm

I'm working on permissions to include the hairs I linked in the race pack to eliminate any more issues.

Also - the RTails deal should be cleaned up - it was a single def that I had copied over for a bionic Tail from one of my other races, and I'd missed changing a single reference in it.

MisterVertigo

I have a question about these races. Do any of these mods add any guns, items, buildings, etc? Or are they just re-skinned humans? I don't care for mods that add a lot of extra "stuff" as sometimes they seem to make the game unbalanced. I'm just looking to spice it up a bit visually. Thank you!
"In vertigo you will be..."

"Relax, people. It's a teeny indie game; don't kill it with love." - Bozobub

Serpyderpy

Quote from: MisterVertigo on July 06, 2017, 08:58:56 PM
I have a question about these races. Do any of these mods add any guns, items, buildings, etc? Or are they just re-skinned humans? I don't care for mods that add a lot of extra "stuff" as sometimes they seem to make the game unbalanced. I'm just looking to spice it up a bit visually. Thank you!

I can confirm that the Argonian mod only adds in the Argonians as a retextured human pawn but they have special combat abilities and have corresponding bionic body parts, as well as backstories that match. No weapons, buildings or other such things that I can see from my time playing with it. Not too sure about the others though!

MisterVertigo

As long as they aren't to OP and are balanced OK, I can live with that.
"In vertigo you will be..."

"Relax, people. It's a teeny indie game; don't kill it with love." - Bozobub

XenGrimm

The only extra stuff I included in any of my races are little vanity items equal to vanilla stuff, just with a different graphic.
The exception being the Xenn race, who have a pair of guns -  and duster/powerarmor combo item, which are like modified charge rifles (for heat or frostbite damage), and a powerarmor that's more expensive, but has better insulation for heat/cold.

Igams

Xen great work on all the mods! I love using all of your races, they not only look great but are very well balanced. But I noticed there doesn't appear to be EPOE patches for the Racc and Vulpine races on the github, but I see them on the steam workshop? Also the Xenn EPOE patch on github is for A16. Has this been updated yet or is it still in the works? Don't mean to be a hassle, I'm just curious  ;D

middlestick

Might be a dumb question,but can i use all the race mod at once?