do you think combat should be more realistic (more damage, higher fire rate)

Started by rambo, June 04, 2017, 06:28:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

what do you think about more realistic combat

yes alot
4 (30.8%)
yes but not too much
3 (23.1%)
yes but a little
2 (15.4%)
not at all
3 (23.1%)
not sure
1 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 13

rambo

things like add and ammo system, possible on shot down, higher fire rate (like a full auto mode) ext.....

jamaicancastle

The only thing that will be accomplished by trying to make combat "more realistic" is you'll get a massive argument over what constitutes realism.

jimthenoob

the furthest that vanilla should really go is an ammunition system, as for mods, its up to the author too decide whats "realistic" if its fun its fun.

rambo

Quote from: jamaicancastle on June 04, 2017, 06:38:30 PM
The only thing that will be accomplished by trying to make combat "more realistic" is you'll get a massive argument over what constitutes realism.
Fair enough

Thunasura

I voted for "yes but a little" only because an ammunition system could be useful for making raids much more interesting and balancing ranged/melee.  No more will that one enemy sniper be able to sit outside of your turrets range for 5 minutes picking every single one off, with pure immortality.  Of course, it would have to be a very forgiving and decently unrealistic ammo system.  Such a change could lead to new gun preferences by ammo weights and costs (charged rifles could be half electric power, thus cheaper ammo).  Unfortunately ammo weights would be a very frustrating choice and would probably need their own "assigned" tab or micro menu...
The arcane exist, weld it and we will achieve works greater than that of the Japanese toilet!

Fregrant

More realistic and complicated combat shown in Combat Realism mod (and its descendant... Combat Extended?). Though I doubt any of it will be implemented until late dev. stages as it will require quite much extra efforts to code and maintain.

AngleWyrm

"Realistic" as in interstellar trade freighters can't travel faster than the speed of light?
My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh

SuedKAT

I wouldn't mind an ammo system in the game, however it should be optional or tied to the "difficulty" your playing at since it makes hunting more resource intensive due to the extra materials needed for bullets and possibly not as reliable as a food source at the start of a colony.

Regarding the rest, no, that's what we have mods for, the game itself is an excellent platform and if you combine that with the mods you want/need you can tailor it to be to your liking to a very high degree.

Canute

Quote from: AngleWyrm on June 06, 2017, 11:08:32 AM
"Realistic" as in interstellar trade freighters can't travel faster than the speed of light?
I never saw any interstellar trade freighter in Rimworld, only interplanetar which visit all the different planets and moons at that big solarsystem.

rambo

Tbh  I thought there was ammo system the first time i played rimworld

Canute

No, vanilla rimworld never got an ammo system. Just mods add this to the game.

AngleWyrm

Quote from: Canute on June 06, 2017, 11:44:16 AM

I never saw any interstellar trade freighter in Rimworld, only interplanetary which visit all the different planets and moons at that big solar system.

Internal consistency is more important than 'realism,' which seeks to transfer the properties of one universe to another under the banner of familiarity.
My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh

Limdood

Quote from: Canute on June 06, 2017, 11:44:16 AM
I never saw any interstellar trade freighter in Rimworld, only interplanetar which visit all the different planets and moons at that big solarsystem.

I agree that it only makes sense for intrasystem travel, which Tynan has weighed in on.  Sadly, the rather careless or unfortunate inclusion of the term "interstellar" in the orbital ship name randomization options causes a lot of argument...