No more Turrets, but not really?

Started by ProjectXa3, June 05, 2017, 02:56:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ProjectXa3

Hey, I'm not seeing Turrets in my build menu anymore, I guess they're not available for construction anymore, which I guess is a balance thing, makes sense. But what doesn't make sense is they can apparently still be used by AI, because I just got word of a neurotrainer cache a few towns over is apparently guarded by about eight of the things! I have no way to get there before my rivals or allies get there, but if I were able to, can anyone tell me if I'd be able to disable and haul the turrets back to base for myself?
"I set fire to my sheet of sailcloth and drape it over the skeletons."
"Okay I'm...I'm going to need you to roll for a personality check for that one."

makapse

turrets are research locked. So you will need to unlock them unless you start as the lone adventurer

ProjectXa3

Well then apparently I'm frickin' blind because I can't find them on the tree to research them. I'll look again, thanks.
"Okay I'm...I'm going to need you to roll for a personality check for that one."

DariusWolfe

I knew they were research locked, and I know generally where to look, and I still have to spend a couple minutes looking at the research screen each time to find them. If I recall, they branch off of machining and are typically on the bottom row (unless you have research mods; then your guess is as good as mine), which should help.

cultist

You need to research microelectronics basics, which unlocks turret research. Don't need an advanced science bench.

ProjectXa3

Yeah, I found 'em, I think they just got their position slightly rejiggered when Ty added the long-range scanner.