[Request] Sanitation

Started by Wheetoz, April 27, 2014, 08:09:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wheetoz

Not sure if this has been suggested before, but a quick search brought nothing up!

What RimWorld needs is Sanitation. Without it, everyone would die of horrible diseases, before the raiders can even get to them! It would be great if some simple hygiene stuff could be implemented, although water will be a problem for the moment. Let's just ignore that inconvenience! It would be pretty cool if Hygiene is an added feature in a later alpha, putting it on line with Hunger and Sleep. Maybe you guys could fix something up?  :D

Here are some ideas for hygiene items, I would love you all forever if you could make it!

Hole in the Ground
Like the name says, this literally is just a hole in the ground. It will be free to build, and if possible, would have a negative impact on overall loyalty. It's better than nothing though.

Basic Toilet
These would cost around 40 metal, and suffice for everyone's needs. They would have no impact upon loyalty, whilst keeping the masses' bowels in good shape.

Bag of Water
This would be a really basic shower, simply consisting of a bag of chilly rain water. Again, it is better than nothing, but will still have a negative impact. Who likes cold showers? Would also be free to build.

Basic Shower
This time there is a showerhead, which provides nice warm rainwater. No impact on loyalty, and would cost 30 metal with a 15v power requirement. Water doesn't heat itself!

Sink
Just your average bathroom sink, allows colonists to wash there hands etc. Would cost 50 metal, and 15v for the warm water.

Thanks for reading! ;)

iame6162013

Linus Torvalds: "But it clearly is the only right way. The fact that everybody else does it some other way only means that they are wrong"
Robert J. Hanlon: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

DaPieGuy

Nice ideas. Would add some more items in the game to liven the base up a little, also can make some bathrooms and such.

Austupaio

Not sure about the need for toiletries, but your post did give me one idea that seems almost vital.

Roomba.

mrofa

Hopfully this wont change from colony symulator to colonist symulator :D
All i do is clutter all around.

Wheetoz

You need food, you need sleep, and you need to poop! They are all vital things :P

Viceroy

I agree, games with this graphical fidelity can get away with having realistic sanitation. It is needed in my opinion.
Dog goes moo!

Blastar

Btw, AlyxMS gave resources with toilet in the "Art Modifications - Resources" topic :

http://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=2390.msg31193#msg31193

johntiger

If sanitation is implemented, then the time durations on all actions such as constructing or planting and the time speed will need tweaks. Otherwise, sanitation draws far more time it should have from precious moments to build and to haul or create a need for longer game so players would have to be slower and more patient. Suggest this sanitation to be an on/off option early alpha until time tweaking occurs.

Splinterbee

I see one flaw... The sink is a passage way for the raiders. (Jk)
Video games, are pretty good

ChasmofFate

Quote from: Splinterbee on May 15, 2014, 08:47:22 AM
I see one flaw... The sink is a passage way for the raiders. (Jk)

I can see it now. Raiders with snorkels and goggles climbing out of the drain, fully armed with squirt guns and water balloons... Terrifying...  ???  :P