Suicide

Started by gamhd, September 07, 2016, 11:55:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Perq

Quote from: Limdood on June 05, 2017, 08:37:23 AM
in the context of this suggestion, you're assuming everyone who has already purchased the game has no problem with this.  This is not the case, thus this feature being added to the game would affect people who do not want it.  That isn't the same as your example...an analogy would be to suddenly add a new danger into the motor bike race AFTER the participants have signed up and agreed to the terms.

We're in early access/alpha. Changes are expected and noted when buying the game. I would accept that argument for a game that has been fully released and then has some major changes that drastically change the gameplay, but to be fair we're going to have plenty of those yet to come.
And no, we cannot ask everyone to agree to those alpha changes. Not very practical. :V

That said, having a problem with it has to come with sort of good explanation why (at least in my opinion). If you don't give one (which most have failed so far, but there were so decent points too), your point is pretty meaningless.
I'm nobody from nowhere who knows nothing about anything.
But you are still wrong.

SpaceDorf

I read the whole thread just to be informed before I ask this :

Are those stupid f*cks ( pawns ) not suicidal enough for you ?

I mean suicide and murder by stupidity are in the top ten of complaints about Rimworld.
( as in any other game .. )
In my oppinion true mental illness should stay in mod-territory, because I think the divide between fun and not fun is to large to really find a fitting solution.
And there are a lot more reasons for suicide than just depression. And not every depressive Person is suicidal .. I would go so far to say most of them are not. ( And yes .. I too have experience )

So I like the suggestion, but have to vote Nay. 
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.