A17b Option to name colony/faction does not appear

Started by yannisk, June 06, 2017, 10:55:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wraithling

Quote from: ison on June 13, 2017, 05:49:43 AM
I think it's because there are undiscovered ancient shrines with mechanoids somewhere in the map. Could anyone confirm? If so, then it's already fixed for the next release (A18).

No 100% confirmation from me, but for the longest time I never got the option to name my colony (my colony was saved as 'New Arrivals'), then about 1 year and 2 quadrums later, the option to name my colony magically pops up. I vaguely remember it happening not long after i opened an ancient danger with 4 mechanoids.

Tortarga

Playing on A17b, I don't have a log file, but on the 81st day and after loading from saves multiple times I opened an ancient danger with two hostile mechanoids. After downing both of them I received the prompt to name my faction and colony.

BlueTressym

I can also confirm that I've got the bug with the colony name option not occurring, I have an ancient danger with mechanoids (peeked in Dev Mode) and I've got the combat music playing incessantly.  I've had two occurrences of the friendlies turning up randomly as well, although one of those did actually work out because I got a raid AFTER they arrived. 

That last was quite funny actually, the single raider popped up in a corner of the map, one of the friendlies spotted him, and...  Well, let's just say it didn't end well for him. 

doradorara

This bug is become from you have ancient danger (which has enemy mechanoids).

If you don`t have ancient danger with active mechanoids , this combat music bug and colony name ivent not appearing
won`t happen.

I made a topis  -Ancient Ruins bug B17 - and there is an answer .

Also, It is said that this bug will be fixed in A18.

So, Ludeon Studios , I beg you to release A18.

Rearden

Quote from: doradorara on June 19, 2017, 08:40:01 PM
This bug is become from you have ancient danger (which has enemy mechanoids).

If you don`t have ancient danger with active mechanoids , this combat music bug and colony name ivent not appearing
won`t happen.

I made a topis  -Ancient Ruins bug B17 - and there is an answer .

Also, It is said that this bug will be fixed in A18.

So, Ludeon Studios , I beg you to release A18.

Quote from: canth1000 on June 11, 2017, 11:48:52 AM
for those that need a way to manually fire the event when this bug occurs it's the 10th item on the Actions-Misc section of the debug actions menu. it'll open up another menu. select the Faction and faction base button. That should fire the event.

We've had a dev post on this thread as well.
Asking for an update won't make them release it any sooner either. We know the issue is fixed for the next version and from past history we know Ludeon will release when the update is good and ready. In the meantime the bug isn't seriously game breaking, and the event can be fired manually as I describe above.

BlueTressym

I started a new colony and tried the save/load workaround.  It didn't work; Day 4, Hour 6 rolled around and no name.  I poked around with dev mode and found an ancient danger.  It didn't have mechanoids in it, though, but bugs and caskets.  I don't know what's in the caskets.  I got an error pop up in the debug (see below) and the bugs promptly started digging out.  I reloaded and carried on.  No name prompt. 

Megascarab118584 has null dutyDefToSubNode. Recovering by calling ResolveSubnodes() (though that should have been called already).
Verse.Log:Error(String)
RimWorld.ThinkNode_DutyConstant:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Priority:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
RimWorld.ThinkNode_Conditional:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Tagger:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Subtree:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
RimWorld.ThinkNode_Conditional:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:DetermineNextConstantThinkTreeJob()
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:DetermineNextJob(ThinkTreeDef&)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:TryFindAndStartJob()
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:JobTrackerTick()
Verse.Pawn:Tick()
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

I don't know for certain if it's relevant, but it might be. 

kenmtraveller

I have this in my current (Hardcore SK) A17 game, and I'm trying to determine if it means I need to restart.
It feels like I'm not getting certain kinds of events -- raids, mostly.  But, I'm playing Randy Intense so maybe that's just luck.
I do get other bad events -- I currently have both an infestation and a poison ship on the map.  So it's not like events aren't firing.
Does anyone know if this bug selectively interferes with raid scheduling?
I did get some random 'friendlies come to help' events when I had no known dangers on the map.  I suppose these were triggered by the hidden ancient danger with active mechanoids thing.

Rearden

From my playthroughs with the bug it doesn't seem to affect the events aside from odd occasions where allied factions might send military aid.
You should be able to fire the event using the instructions I've posted elsewhere in this thread and run mostly normally. Just expect mechanoids in one of your ancient dangers

Veterans

Easy fix - Kill all enemies in ancient shrines! Works for me...

Rearden

while that also works, I've had good results just firing the event from the dev menu. also means there's no rush to clear out the shrines. Save behaviour also works correctly immediately after the colony and faction are named.

more options for when people encounter the bug.
EDIT: fixed a typo

Thorbane

This bug also prevents weddings or parties from triggering until all the shrines are cleared out.

ison

Okay, thanks everyone. This should be fixed in A18.