Best way to level up crafting?

Started by dkmoo, June 06, 2017, 08:09:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dkmoo

With the A17 changes, a lot of what I used to do to level up crafting skill no longer worked (stonecutting and making weed)  so I'm wondering what people are doing now to lvl it up with at least a somewhat useful output. By this I mean you are producing something that has a purpose other than just sitting in the storage  waiting to be sold. ( so for ex, making 1000 short bows would not count). Thanks!

Limdood

Someone checked before, apparently dusters are the most resource-friendly way to level crafting....on an unpowered tailor bench, outdoors, in the cold, stoned on smokeleaf, with one arm, and missing fingers

Seriously though, crafting is now only levelled through using resources to make clothes, weapons, components, or smelting.  Your best bet is to probably craft spare dusters, hats, pants, and shirts so your pawns have quality clothes, and spares for when they get tattered.

Thraxon

Stonecutting was leveling skill very slow

Best way has always have been clothing. Coton plants grow fast and harvest give a lot of colths.

You can wear it and sell unwanted quality.

ITypedThis

Yeah, definitely clothing.

It helps to always keep everyone dressed in clean, full durability clothes.

RimworldOx

You can make millions in gold selling clothing. Have someone do nothing but make clothes/growing.

Perq

Even in A16 I was doing clothes till level 10 and then components. :V If you can plant, cotton is pretty cheap.
I'm nobody from nowhere who knows nothing about anything.
But you are still wrong.