[A17] Cannot Recruit Prisoners

Started by Krontimus, June 06, 2017, 09:44:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krontimus

Whenever my warden goes to chat with a prisoner that has "Chat and Recruit" toggled on they perform the action like normal except at the end no message pops up saying "recruitment chance failed" or whatever. Can someone please help? Thank you.

Kalshion

You may want to post a log file, along with whether or not your using any mods.

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=513.0

Calahan

Yes, as Kalshion says (thanks for the assist!), please can you post your log file (as an attachment ideally) and confirm whether or not you are using any mods. A save file where this issue is happening would also be useful, especially if it's a vanilla game (you will likely need to use a service like GoogleDrive or Zippyshare to host the file and then post the download link).

DoubleZ3R0

I'm also experiencing this issue after I created two different new games today. I am using mods and a few did update recently, which I suspect may be the cause.  Recruiting was working in a game I had started over the weekend.

I'm not at my computer right now but I can post a log file tomorrow if that would help.

Calahan

@ DobleZ3RO - Yes, please post your log file when you can (as it always helps). Also a list of the mods you are using would be useful as well.

DoubleZ3R0

Save file and logs.  I'll get a list of mods later today.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

Krontimus

I am using a variety of mods. Let me see if I can upload the save file, and as for the log. I'm not sure what that is lol.

DoubleZ3R0

Log files can be found here:

Windows (Steam): C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\RimWorld\RimWorldWin_Data\output_log.txt

Windows (non-Steam) has TWO possible locations:
RimWorld####Win\RimWorld####Win_Data\output_log.txt
%userprofile%\AppData\LocalLow\Ludeon Studios\RimWorld by Ludeon Studios\output_log.txt

However, mine was in the non-steam location and I have it on steam.

DoubleZ3R0

@Krontimus

I may have found a mod combination, or lack of, that could be causing the issue.

Are you using Call of Cthulhu - Factions?  Do you also have jecstools installed?
I just noticed on their mod page that jecstools is required, which I have but not enabled.

DoubleZ3R0

I've been looking over the log files, I noticed the Smart Food Selection mod interacts with the action the pawn is taking in the errors at the end.

Krontimus

@DoubleZ3R0

Here is the link for my log.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bx8FiB2tBKZ3ZkVEVERqT1d1T1E

Let me see if those mod combinations were causing any trouble while I'm at it.

DoubleZ3R0

@Krontimus

Looked over your log file.  Your getting the same errors I am.  We both have the smart food selection and that seems to be the only one to reference prisoner interaction.  I've disabled the mod and am trying to find a prisoner to recruit but my pawns are all evil tonight and killing everyone!

DoubleZ3R0

I think I found what is causing the issue.  In my last few games I used Randy as my story teller.  I was just doing some testing in dev mode and I had Cassandra selected and I was able to recruit a prisoner.  Changed to randy and tried again in dev mode and it would not work.

I looked at your save file and it looked like you had a mod storyteller?

Krontimus