Is there a way to put prisoners or corpses in Cryptosleep casket?

Started by InfinityKage, August 31, 2017, 09:03:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

InfinityKage

Sometimes I end up with a lot of prisoners and a want to put a few on ice to make dealing with them a little easier or I have a body lying around that I don't want to rot. It would seem to me that a Cryptosleep casket would be great for this situations, but I can't seem to make my colonist put anything in there. Is there a way to put things in there other than getting in yourself.

asanbr

anything that is alive and downed can be put inside. When you right click on a downed person, animal or mech, you will get the option "carry to cryptosleep casket". Be careful if you have several open caskets though, I think there is a bug causing them to override each other (if you have 2 caskets and try to haul 2 people at the same time, they will end up just hauling the second one).

You have the right idea. What you need to do with prisoners is starve them to 87%, that's when they fall unconscious.

Click on their "Prisoner" tab and disable "gets food" , or simply forbid the door to their cell so people can't walk in there. Forbidding the door is a good idea anyway because they will always berserk when starving, so you don't want people inside. And their mood goes down so much they are pretty much impossible to recruit anyway while starving.

You could also beat them down of course if you want a faster way.

You can't put corpses in the cryptos though.

A few alphas back, corpses didn't rot in graves but I think it was fixed. You need to put them in a freezer. Build a freezer just for corpses to avoid the big mood debuffs that people get when walking near corpses. Or you can divide your freezer in two parts, where the inner part only holds corpses and with a door separating them, then only those people who go in there to haul corpses will see them. Even if the door is always open (helps to keep temperature down).

InfinityKage

Quote from: asanbr on August 31, 2017, 09:04:42 PM
anything that is alive and downed can be put inside. When you right click on a downed person, animal or mech, you will get the option "carry to cryptosleep casket". Be careful if you have several open caskets though, I think there is a bug causing them to override each other (if you have 2 caskets and try to haul 2 people at the same time, they will end up just hauling the second one).

You have the right idea. What you need to do with prisoners is starve them to 87%, that's when they fall unconscious.

Click on their "Prisoner" tab and disable "gets food" , or simply forbid the door to their cell so people can't walk in there. Forbidding the door is a good idea anyway because they will always berserk when starving, so you don't want people inside. And their mood goes down so much they are pretty much impossible to recruit anyway while starving.

You could also beat them down of course if you want a faster way.

You can't put corpses in the cryptos though.

A few alphas back, corpses didn't rot in graves but I think it was fixed. You need to put them in a freezer. Build a freezer just for corpses to avoid the big mood debuffs that people get when walking near corpses. Or you can divide your freezer in two parts, where the inner part only holds corpses and with a door separating them, then only those people who go in there to haul corpses will see them. Even if the door is always open (helps to keep temperature down).

Thanks mate.

OFWG

Quote from: InfinityKage on August 31, 2017, 09:03:21 PM
... or I have a body lying around that I don't want to rot. ...

Out of curiosity, why do you need to preserve corpses? I assume if you were using them for food you'd just toss them in your freezer, so... ?
Quote from: sadpickle on August 01, 2018, 05:03:35 PM
I like how they saw the naked guy with no food and said, "what he needs is an SMG."