[MOD] (Alpha 3F) Muffalo Breeding v.1.0.2

Started by bleedo, April 27, 2014, 07:16:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bleedo

Quote from: WolfgangPolska on May 02, 2014, 06:15:54 AM
Is there any way to change muffalo limit?

increase the max value in the pawnkinddef file

Vas

By the way, I don't think colonists should be able to breed.  Kinda ruins the point of population limit of story tellers and such.

Unless you can make it rare, and make the female parent lose the ability to do work for 14 game days while the child stays with her (Maybe even disable the male from working for 2 game days), you need a child sized bed too for the child and only children can use.  Then for 30 game days, the child will be in teen state, using same child bed though.  In teen state, he can do only certain kinds of work such as hauling and cleaning, cooking, growing, then when adult he gets his traits, childhood/adulthoods, and such.  Though you need custom childhood/adulthood for this and always  set the colonist age to 15.  I guess you could use settler as the childhood and adulthood states though.
Click to see my steam. I'm a lazy modder who takes long breaks and everyone seems to hate.

mrofa

Day 5096 our colony youngest member has grown to age of 14 and can now work.

Go for realism :D
All i do is clutter all around.

StorymasterQ

Quote from: Vas on May 02, 2014, 06:35:45 PM
Though you need custom childhood/adulthood for this and always  set the colonist age to 15.  I guess you could use settler as the childhood and adulthood states though.

Will that child-turned-adult can then breed with other colonists? That'd be squicky pretty quick. Also, permanent age 15 would probably mean that by the time the next-next generation gets to adulthood, both would be 15. And can breed with each other as well.

I think, with this thought, I'm leaning towards not having any colonist breeding at all. Rimworld time is counted in days instead of months or seasons like, say, Banished.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

bleedo

If at all, I think I'd make colonist breeding a command. This is by no means cut in stone. It's a pet idea. Not even sure I'll manage to take this plugin much further at all. I'm letting it rest until A4 and then I _might_ do something with the animal husbandry idea.

But it's nice to know what you guys think of the colonist breeding idea. :)

Necronomocoins

Need to make this work for colonists, make it take 250 - 290 days of a pregnant (incap.) colonist and add child colonists that are happy to eat raw food/ generally happier/more fearful, stay fairly useless (can clean/harvest only) for 10 years (3650 days), then manual dumb/cooking until fifteen. Children don't get attacked/targeted by raiders, or maybe do, and get stolen by raiders as an event? eg. "Raiders have landed and are attempting to steal your resources/prisoners/children immediately." Happy childhood bonuses, happy/proud parent bonuses, extra unhappiness/fear durations, always arrestable children.

StorymasterQ

Quote from: Necronomocoins on May 06, 2014, 04:17:45 AM
...for 10 years (3650 days)...

That's a lot of days... I haven't even managed to go past 300 days. As I said before...
Quote from: StorymasterQ on May 04, 2014, 09:13:33 PM
Rimworld time is counted in days instead of months or seasons like, say, Banished.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

Necronomocoins

Quote from: StorymasterQ on May 06, 2014, 09:43:12 PM

That's a lot of days... I haven't even managed to go past 300 days. As I said before...
Rimworld time is counted in days instead of months or seasons like, say, Banished.
Didn't want it to be easy to just "make" colonists, that would make the slave trade a bit redundant and the slave trade is the main reason I like to hoard silver. No, I want it to be slow and painful, a bit of realism.

StorymasterQ

Quote from: Necronomocoins on May 07, 2014, 01:58:25 AM

Didn't want it to be easy to just "make" colonists, that would make the slave trade a bit redundant and the slave trade is the main reason I like to hoard silver. No, I want it to be slow and painful, a bit of realism.

Oh, so you wanted some children to sell to slavers, then? I guess that's...a good reason to breed...

Mrs_Brisby

QuoteOh, so you wanted some children to sell to slavers, then? I guess that's...a good reason to breed...

Or as an alternative food source.

... I know. I know, that's horrible. I'll just.. go hide somewhere else in shame.

bleedo

OK, after listening to you guys, I've decided NOT to make colonists breed. Ever!

Christ...

Crazies..

Friggin...

*mumble*

Coenmcj

You're no fun! The cheap food sources, The Easy cash for selling them into slavery, The zerg rush of sending hundreds of children armed with nothing but their fists at the raiders, THINK OF THE POSSIBILITIES! ;)
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

Necronomocoins

Quote from: StorymasterQ on May 07, 2014, 02:08:48 AM
Quote from: Necronomocoins on May 07, 2014, 01:58:25 AM

Oh, so you wanted some children to sell to slavers, then? I guess that's...a good reason to breed...
Was just thinking it could be a way to supplement your supply of slaves when slave traders start to visit less, but now that you mention it, what a great idea, arrest and sell excess colonists. "I had a colony of over 100 colonists, now it's just me, but I'm RICH! Mwahahahaaa!"

sparda666

bleedo