This game makes you evil

Started by Shurp, March 28, 2017, 09:42:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

keylocke

@anglewyrm : your posts often has these pics of hot babes.

i wish there was a "like" button coz damn, they are hot.

AngleWyrm

Thanks

Just think of me as the wife I speak through
My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh

cultist

Quote from: Shurp on April 01, 2017, 09:56:21 AM
True, I could just play on "Peaceful", but where is the fun in that?  I want to have massive shootouts where my well armed and trained soldiers are ganged up 3:1 by rampaging outlanders.  Having half a dozen colonists cowering in the corner breaks the mood.

If what you really want is masive battles, why not set up custom scenarios or use dev mode to spawn things in? I mean, the actual combat is a pretty small part of the Rimworld experience IMO, but you can set it up as more of a large-scale RTS if you want. It just doesn't run very well and it's not really what it was designed to do.

Shurp

Rimworld already generates plenty of mobs to shoot.  My complaint is that I would rapidly run out of colonists to shoot them with if I didn't regularly exterminate Trigger-Happy / non-Violent / Pyromaniac / etc. wannabe colonists.

My colony already has plenty of doctors, smiths, researchers, and such.  What I need so that people aren't milling about aimlessly are pawns who can shoot, garden, and mine.  I have dropped my standards to allow for zero skill in each, and I now have lots of "good" pawns as a result!
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

kenedy

Graduated from Soran   University with First Class Degree with Honours in Computer Science.

Shurp

So I'm practicing a little thread necro because something funny just happened in my latest game.  Useless would-be colonists have been dropping from the sky left and right and I've been letting them die.  But then I see this message:

Escape pod (relationship)

"Oh crap," I think, "I'm going to have to save this one."  And indeed Twiddle is incapable of Violent, but has plenty of other traits that make me think keeping her around won't be so bad.  Then I go to the social tab to check out what the relationship is.

Ex-husband Ryan -15

Wait a second, I'm going to get a mood *boost* if I let her die?  Sorry Twiddle, today's not your lucky day!
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.