Electric tailor bench keeps exploding...

Started by DrOnline, June 06, 2017, 07:35:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrOnline

Hey.

I've had 3 explosions in my tailor benches. I tried moving it to another wall, in the same room, and it exploded again.

It's indoors, NO floor, but there is roof all around. Wooden walls. Not caused by lighting strike. The benches were placed right next to a wall. The wall is an outer wall.

Is it the lack of floor...?

Panzer

What kind of letter do you get when your tailor bench explodes? A yellow "zzzzt" one or a red one?

Yellow means battery discharge and thats just bad luck, the red one means it isnt protected from rain. In the bottom right corner, below the pause button there is another button that looks like a little house, click it to make roofs visible. If the area over your bench is green it means it is covered by roof.

DrOnline

Thanks, buddy. Yes, the icon is red, and it does say shorted by rain, so I checked, and of course there is no roof. Which I am fixing now.

Mystery solved! :D thanks again

TheMeInTeam

I had a fire starting explosion go off inside one of my buildings, no zzzt event (in fact no conduits and battery is covered so zzzt is impossible).  At first I thought boom animal but my base was walled in and no corpse on pause immediately after explosion.  No equipment damage, just sound effect and fire.  Once fire was put out, I couldn't find anything missing either.

I'm still scratching my head at that one.

jamaicancastle

Quote from: TheMeInTeam on June 06, 2017, 11:02:37 AM
I had a fire starting explosion go off inside one of my buildings, no zzzt event (in fact no conduits and battery is covered so zzzt is impossible).  At first I thought boom animal but my base was walled in and no corpse on pause immediately after explosion.  No equipment damage, just sound effect and fire.  Once fire was put out, I couldn't find anything missing either.

Did you have any mortar shells stored out in the open? If they degrade fully, they'll explode, although it's not much of an explosion.

Hans Lemurson

Quote from: jamaicancastle on June 06, 2017, 07:01:18 PMDid you have any mortar shells stored out in the open? If they degrade fully, they'll explode, although it's not much of an explosion.
I just thought of a new prisoner execution technique.
Mental break: playing RimWorld
Hans Lemurson is hiding in his room playing computer games.
Final straw was: Overdue projects.

TheMeInTeam

Quote from: jamaicancastle on June 06, 2017, 07:01:18 PM
Quote from: TheMeInTeam on June 06, 2017, 11:02:37 AM

Did you have any mortar shells stored out in the open? If they degrade fully, they'll explode, although it's not much of an explosion.

Definitely not, fire happened in living quarters and mortar shells are typically piled under outdoor roof with everything else (early) or on shelves near mortars (if I'm actually using mortars).  Nothing is stored in the living quarters.  The nearest electrical devices were windmills, battery (confirmed underneath roof, and no zzzt due to no conduits or rain), and two air conditioners.  Aside from the fire there was not much apparent damage either, which means the explosion sound is strange.

If I could repro it I'd bug report it, but I can't so won't worry about that for now, just something to keep in mind if others experience it and I'm not just overlooking something.

hoffmale

TheMeInTeam

Quote from: hoffmale on June 07, 2017, 08:18:01 AM
Lightning strike?

Those can start fires indoors?  The pattern would be consistent with that one actually.  Maybe it hit outdoors and spread fire indoors (wood wall).

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: TheMeInTeam on June 07, 2017, 10:44:06 AM
Quote from: hoffmale on June 07, 2017, 08:18:01 AM
Lightning strike?

Those can start fires indoors?  The pattern would be consistent with that one actually.  Maybe it hit outdoors and spread fire indoors (wood wall).

That can certainly happen. Especially if like me, you leave "auto home zoning" turned off. Then forget to expand your home zone. A fire could start and spread with no notification.