[A17] Star Trek: Federation

Started by orannj, June 07, 2017, 01:34:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orannj

[h1]Hello and welcome to Star Trek: Federation.[/h1]

This mod essentially covers technologies from the late 24th centuries. I have included DS9 style uniforms, cold weather field jackets, and phasers covering a number of different periods. The plans and goals for this mod are to include more research fields, more buildings for federation flair, expanded races to include other federation races, and more technology to bring the star trek feel to the game. Please let me know if you think of anything you might want to see. :)

See the borg race mod for information on any current issues that you might see in game. Essentially, assimilation currently, beyond humanoids, affects animals if you target them to be assimilated. This will be fixed soon. :P

[[HINT]] - If you're getting raided by the borg, prioritize those with the nanite probes. Otherwise, enjoy watching your population succumb to assimilation. ;D

To be done

--Expanded uniform base for federation characters (Late 24th century)
[strike]--More research opportunities and buildings / furniture associated with that research.[/strike]
[strike]--Expanded federation races (Andorian, Vulcan, [/strike]Klingon.)
[strike]--Fix assimilation to only affect humans.[/strike]
--Add federation backstories and traits.
--Continue to tweak and add borg backstories, traits, etc.
--More variation on borg head and body types.
--IMPORTANT many many prosthetics.

Interested in my other mods?
-Borg Race/Faction - if you only want the Borg, select this mod. Do not run both star trek and borg mod. :)
-Dune - Fremen Faction
-WWII Red Army - Soviet Faction
-WWII Wehrmacht - German Faction
-Napoleonic Age - France/Britain/Prussia

Wanna buy me a coffee?
coffee from ko-fi.

Let me know if you think of anything you'd like to see. You can also join the borg discussion on discord at the  Humanoid Alien Races 2.0 discord channel

Thanks to Thirite & Erdelf for all their help. :)

Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=941839892
Drive(for star trek: federation): https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7d9u6vllEYQWWZ0Wl9nNXBoRXc
Drive(for borg only): https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7d9u6vllEYQM1FCZUlWb2lrb1k

silentlord

orannj

kaptain_kavern

YaY! Another faction mod by Orannj

Thank you :p

Sniper Pilot

Between this and all the other scifi universe mods my game is becoming the SuperSmash Brothers of Rimworld.

AngleWyrm

• Does this mod require alien framework, hugslib or other dependencies?
  • Releases are supposed to state license policy for deriving/learning from your work, and for sharing in mod packs or alternate upload sites
My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh

orannj

#1: No
#2: Do whatever you want just give me credit.

silentlord

just realised i forgot to say thank you for this.

Thank you very much orannj

Umbreon117

Ho ho! Now there are only a couple of mods that caught my attention as fast as this. Now, while i am not going to download it until there are a few more things so i can actually build my own little Fed base, I do happily admit that i do like this mod!

That is one little "Notify" from me!
I'll shoot your colonists...After a long nap.

AngleWyrm

Quote from: Umbreon117 on June 10, 2017, 04:38:54 PM
...i am not going to download it until there are a few more things so i can actually build my own little Fed base
What does Star Trek have that is different from Rimworld?
  • Holo-decks and hardened holographs
  • Teleportation pads
  • Photon torpedoes
  • Cloaking technology
  • Warp drive

ChaosChronicler

Holo-deck, transporter, and cloaking I could see for Rimworld in game. Photon torpedoes and Warp-drive not so much. But would be cool to see some of the races from the show/movies as a separate mod.

AngleWyrm

Quote from: ChaosChronicler on June 10, 2017, 10:03:17 PM
... would be cool to see some of the races from the show/movies as a separate mod.

What is the net nutritional value of a tribble?
Is it more than a chicken chick explosion?
And how good are Klingon melee weapons?

Canute

QuoteWhat is the net nutritional value of a tribble?
Not much, they are mostly fur. Like a juvenlie chicken i think.
But tribble don't eat grass/haygrass you need to feed them with expensive food and they are allways hungry...
But they should give anyone around  100% joy, don't forget how Uhura act on them ! :-)

QuoteAnd how good are Klingon melee weapons?
Bat'leth is basicly a 2h weapon similar to a 1h scimitar. But made out of adv. material, it only got the weight of aluminum but the durabilty/sharp of best steel. Since it got less weight it is more agile then other 2h weapons but suffer the crushing blow. Its more a cutting/piercing weapon.
And since it is 2h you can't use a shield.

D'k tahg, is like a regular knife/shiv, sharp and light during the adv. material. Not heavy and big enough to call it a dagger.

SpaceDorf

Quote from: AngleWyrm on June 10, 2017, 10:12:00 PM
Quote from: ChaosChronicler on June 10, 2017, 10:03:17 PM
... would be cool to see some of the races from the show/movies as a separate mod.
What is the net nutritional value of a tribble?
Is it more than a chicken chick explosion?
And how good are Klingon melee weapons?

How does the Prime Directive apply to Tribals ?
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Umbreon117

Quote from: AngleWyrm on June 10, 2017, 09:49:42 PM
Quote from: Umbreon117 on June 10, 2017, 04:38:54 PM
...i am not going to download it until there are a few more things so i can actually build my own little Fed base
What does Star Trek have that is different from Rimworld?
  • Holo-decks and hardened holographs
  • Teleportation pads
  • Photon torpedoes
  • Cloaking technology
  • Warp drive
There is a LOT that is different, but I was referring to dedicated Star Trek Walls, Doors, Wires(...Actually forget that one), stuff like that.

I can prob get away with making stuff out of Plasteel, but I would just prefer them to have a more Star Trek feel...unless the stuff is already in and the pic was misleading...?
I'll shoot your colonists...After a long nap.