not talking care of themselves

Started by sneakywolf117, April 27, 2014, 08:25:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sneakywolf117

Sometimes my people will keep working and not talking care of themselves and when i give them a brake they just wonder around i have food why is this happening and how can i fix it

Geeves

You know it is bedtime when you open a file called GeneralEffecters.xml and the first 2 words you notice are: Butcher and Children.
==============
Learning to program is easy. Learning to put what is in your mind into programming code, now that is the hard part.

Darth Fool

Where is the food?  Food inside a prison cell is not accessible by colonists.

daft73

Quote from: sneakywolf117 on April 27, 2014, 08:25:00 PM
Sometimes my people will keep working and not talking care of themselves and when i give them a brake they just wonder around i have food why is this happening and how can i fix it
This mod Battle Formations, has the ability to control your peasants actions(ie sleep, eat, ect)

Quote from: Geeves on April 28, 2014, 04:26:55 AM
how do you give them a break?
Traditionally you just open up your Overview Tab, and un-check(or set number to blank) the appropriate colonists job cues.

Geeves

Quote from: daft73 on April 28, 2014, 12:38:20 PM
Traditionally you just open up your Overview Tab, and un-check(or set number to blank) the appropriate colonists job cues.

I know that, but wanted to know how the OP did it, to see if something was different from the unchecking way of putting colonists to idle mode.
You know it is bedtime when you open a file called GeneralEffecters.xml and the first 2 words you notice are: Butcher and Children.
==============
Learning to program is easy. Learning to put what is in your mind into programming code, now that is the hard part.

daft73

Quote from: Geeves on April 28, 2014, 01:04:34 PM
Quote from: daft73 on April 28, 2014, 12:38:20 PM

I know that, but wanted to know how the OP did it, to see if something was different from the unchecking way of putting colonists to idle mode.
The only way is to idle them, or use the mod I linked. Otherwise you don't have direct control.

securitycop

hi all I recently came across this problem too but my colonist seem to prefer to eat raw potatoes vs nutri-paste

then i found the reason...
when i right clicked the food hopper it read (( can not fill - item FORBIDDEN ))

i can only think that this is a bug with a mod  or rimworld  itself can anyone confirm this , it is very annoying and a potential GAME KILLER

ItchyFlea

Quote from: securitycop on April 28, 2014, 11:27:25 PM
i can only think that this is a bug with a mod  or rimworld  itself can anyone confirm this , it is very annoying and a potential GAME KILLER
If you are running mods, please tell us what they are. You'll also need to tell us the exact order you activated them in. (Mod activation order is, oddly enough, quite important.)
All my mods are licensed under a Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International
Ask for permission before using in ModPacks

Click here for a list of the mods I've created

securitycop

how do i get the extract order?

the mods i use are as listed and to my knowledge are up to date but i will make a game without them too to debunk it..

Advance Reactors
Animal Skin Rugs
BetterPower+
Clutter
CreamationChamber
More Floors
Project Dig
Quarry
Rail Gun will more than likely remove this due to how unbalanced it is
Synthmeat
and killroys mod with a sniper turret in it

securitycop

ok found the problem via process of elimination and thinking..
i had to think about this at first , what could prevent me from using the hopper or the nutipaste machine ..
then i seen it during researching the mod Better power Plus has a coal burner that uses a ..( hopper )
so i turn off the mod and built my nuti-paste machine with hoppers and not only the icon for the hoppers found a different spot on toolbar but my colonist started using it again  !

I then individually turn on the other mods listed but Better power + and long behold it still worked , colonist used the Nutri paste machine

PLEASE like this post thumb up it or whatever it is they use for ok good job status ! (*8
hope it solved the other problems

Architect

I have replied to your concern via PM and via your post on BP+ :P All you needed to do was change the storage settings to accept food, as by default they don't with my mod on, whilst in vanilla they do.
Check out BetterPower+ and all its derivatives by clicking the picture below.

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.

Tynan

Quote from: Architect on April 29, 2014, 12:58:38 PM
I have replied to your concern via PM and via your post on BP+ :P All you needed to do was change the storage settings to accept food, as by default they don't with my mod on, whilst in vanilla they do.

Welcome to my life, Architect. I call it USABILITY HELL. Mu ha haaaaaaaaaa.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

BobHound

I ran into this yesterday in my second game of Rimworld (great fun, by the way!) One of my colonists who was busy mining ended up going insane due to stress. The problem was initially that I had accidentally walled her in by placing a research table by a doorway.

So she went insane, which was my bad. However, after I had realized why she wasn't eating and fixed the problem with the walls, she just stood still in place. She did this until she starved. Sigh, she had such a bad attitude about starving to death in a deep dark cavern. I made sure the route was clear and that she would be able to go back to the main colony to cause mayhem (and maybe eat,) but she refused to budge from her self-imposed exile.

Celthric Aysen

i have encountered this in some of my colonies,
But this only happens when there's no power and they can't eat from the Nutrient Paste Dispenser, so they wait until they starve and give me a message of Metal Break Imminent, but after that they start to eat Raw Potatoes and everything is fine and dandy again.
My DeviantART|E-Vehicles|Flebe's  Channel
"♫"Every people that i see i will never understand"♪"

Architect

Quote from: Tynan on April 30, 2014, 12:11:02 AM
Quote from: Architect on April 29, 2014, 12:58:38 PM

Welcome to my life, Architect. I call it USABILITY HELL. Mu ha haaaaaaaaaa.

I do not envy you... XD
Check out BetterPower+ and all its derivatives by clicking the picture below.

It adds many new methods of power generation and uses for it, as well as other things such as incidents.