[A11b] Resource Compression ( July 04, 2015)

Started by mrofa, April 27, 2014, 10:32:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Austupaio

Quote from: bombarding on April 28, 2014, 09:10:35 PM
hope in future this mod work with galatic trader mod and liandri corp/ project armory mod with awesome weapon.
Since Mrofa has been so kind as to share his resources so that things can be combined, I'll look into making sure my own mod is compatible.

mrofa

Updated to version 1.01
Added Meat crates (human, squirrel, boomrat and muffalo)
Changed Mre into meal so it can be now normally stored
All i do is clutter all around.

jaredis1

Quote from: mrofa on April 28, 2014, 11:53:45 AM
Photoshop file would work ?

Would it be okay if I made a Addon for my mod that works with your mod?

mrofa

jaredis1

SSS

This mod has been immensely useful.

Are there any plans for silver or metal crates? Silver in particular takes up a lot of space after awhile.

It might be neat to have 2x2 pallets for aesthetics too.

mrofa

I can do silver and metal crates, thts not a problem, prapobly i can update it with them today.
But i cant do 2x2 pallets, im not sure how to change size of resource, in matter that it would be read by colonist and the stroing zone, since for now i can only change normal size but AI still store them square per square.

iame6162013

Quote from: mrofa on May 28, 2014, 09:05:10 AM
I can do silver and metal crates, thts not a problem, prapobly i can update it with them today.
But i cant do 2x2 pallets, im not sure how to change size of resource, in matter that it would be read by colonist and the stroing zone, since for now i can only change normal size but AI still store them square per square.
But You can change the size ;)
(But storing them would be ridiculous... who would store them?)
Linus Torvalds: "But it clearly is the only right way. The fact that everybody else does it some other way only means that they are wrong"
Robert J. Hanlon: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

mrofa

Did add silver and metal crates, but i think thers need to be a new system to make them.
Silver crates are made from 3000 silver and metal ctates are made from 1000 metal, problem lies in crafting them, since colonist take only max stack, so in case of metal its 75 so its 1000/75 which is 14 runs for resources.
Silver on the ot her hand have 400 stack but the craft limit is 75 so i had to make colonists to take 75 silver per resource run or you would be spammed with some wierd console message thats the recipe require more than 75 silver, and this is around 41-42 resource runs for a colonist.

If you have some ideas to that im all ears :D

iame6162013

Quote from: mrofa on May 28, 2014, 12:33:52 PM
Did add silver and metal crates, but i think thers need to be a new system to make them.
Silver crates are made from 3000 silver and metal ctates are made from 1000 metal, problem lies in crafting them, since colonist take only max stack, so in case of metal its 75 so its 1000/75 which is 14 runs for resources.
Silver on the ot her hand have 400 stack but the craft limit is 75 so i had to make colonists to take 75 silver per resource run or you would be spammed with some wierd console message thats the recipe require more than 75 silver, and this is around 41-42 resource runs for a colonist.

My idea's:
1:intermediary products(bottle of cola,6-pack,Big pallet full of cola crates)
2:an actual structure(building,Box)
3:make them haul more?(.dll)

4:Make it a feature it always works;)
Linus Torvalds: "But it clearly is the only right way. The fact that everybody else does it some other way only means that they are wrong"
Robert J. Hanlon: "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

SSS

Quote from: mrofa on May 28, 2014, 12:33:52 PM

I was imagining the 2x2 pallet as a building, actually. It could take 4-8 crates or so? It could be a more permanent form of storage and... well, look pretty. :p

Thanks for adding the metal/silver crates. Like iame mentioned, intermediary products might work for reducing the number of trips. For now I'll just place the workbench(es) right next to my silver/metal stockpiles to reduce colonist strain.

mrofa

Yehh i was thinking about making silver stack into 1 silver bar or something similar with 400 stack limit, but without a way to revers the process.
As for now im kinda tiunkering with traders, it might be that i done something wrong but there are some problems when you actually try to buy some crates from them.

SSS

Quote from: mrofa on May 28, 2014, 04:24:25 PM
Yehh i was thinking about making silver stack into 1 silver bar or something similar with 400 stack limit, but without a way to revers the process.
As for now im kinda tiunkering with traders, it might be that i done something wrong but there are some problems when you actually try to buy some crates from them.

What's your line of thinking on the silver bars? Will there still be a way to spend/use them, or will they basically be inert/unusable?

mrofa

I think they will be only for sale, but i need to get the trading system in order first, not sure what i broke :D

SSS

Quote from: mrofa on May 29, 2014, 02:07:24 PM
I think they will be only for sale, but i need to get the trading system in order first, not sure what i broke :D

Sounds good. :)

I've noticed MRE's don't have a pop-up menu. I can't force my colonists to haul them because of this. Also, do you think you could get colonists to prioritize simple meals over MREs (like how fine and lavish meals are prioritized over simple meals)? MREs are 5x as expensive and don't spoil, so I'd prefer not having to smack my colonists' hands when they try to eat them instead of the simple meals. :P