A really good idea

Started by Kenneth79, June 08, 2017, 04:48:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kenneth79

As Tynan is expanding the world by allowing people to create caravans he should also expand the ability to travel inside your faction base. Right now you can create a gigantic map however your people can only occupy a small percentage of that map. Yea, you can disperse your colonist into different areas in the map, however, what if you want your colonist to have easy travel from one corner of the map to the other. I'm proposing that we have vehicles, possibly railroads, ships in the rivers, horse-bus (horses pulling a cart of people), and etc.

Limdood

please use the search function and add to an existing vehicles thread instead of making another thread on this SUPER OFTEN SUGGESTED topic.  Also, the incredibly unhelpful title is incredibly unhelpful to figuring out what you're suggesting before opening the thread.

BetaSpectre

Honestly posting on an old idea is called necro'ing and making a new thread is shameful. It's a lose lose.

Still this idea has been discussed before.

And as always it's pretty popular if it can be balanced when implemented. Like locks, things are abusable.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█[<BSS>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥████████████████████████████████◤
                           TO WAR WE GO

DariusWolfe

I don't believe necro-posting is looked down upon here, especially for the Suggestions forum.

Kenneth79

okey, yes I do not search up everything on the forums. I find it a hassle and sifting through lots of comments to see if I repeated what someone says is annoying. I mean there is nothing wrong with repeating something.... if anything if the topic keeps repeating then it shows it is popular and maybe Tynan will look into it more. This of course is the SUGGESTION section so old or new ideas are welcome here.

Calahan

Locking this as like I said yesterday, we do not need another suggestion thread about vehicles.

Quote from: Kenneth79 on June 09, 2017, 01:50:10 AM
okey, yes I do not search up everything on the forums. I find it a hassle and sifting through lots of comments to see if I repeated what someone says is annoying. I mean there is nothing wrong with repeating something.... if anything if the topic keeps repeating then it shows it is popular and maybe Tynan will look into it more. This of course is the SUGGESTION section so old or new ideas are welcome here.
The forum rules are clear, users are expected to use the search function to find existing discussions before creating a new thread.

9. Find existing discussions: Before creating a new topic, please invest some time into looking if it hasn't been discussed already. Use the search function.
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=122.0

Ideas are certainly welcome in the suggestion forum. But being too lazy, or finding it too annoying or too much of a hassle, is not an acceptable reason not to use the search function before making a suggestion. And ignoring the forum rules as a consequence. And constantly creating new threads about the same idea doesn't make it any more likely to get included in the game, it just means the suggestion forum gets spammed with a load of unnecessary duplicates. Which creates work for the moderators, and inconveniences users in general because discussions get split over multiple threads and not in one convenient place.

So from now on please use the search function to check for existing threads before creating a new one. Thank you.

Calahan

Quote from: DariusWolfe on June 08, 2017, 11:39:31 PM
I don't believe necro-posting is looked down upon here, especially for the Suggestions forum.
Correct. There are no specific forum rules on thread necroing, and as long as a suggestion is still relevant to the moment, then there no reason not to use an existing thread if you want to add you ideas to a suggestion, or to refresh an old idea based on developments (in the game) since it was posted.

So bumping a year old thread about vehicles to expand on the idea to incorporate world map travel would be fine, as vehicles are still an idea for travelling around your base map, and due to the world map being added in A16, the idea can now be expanded to the world map level. So bumping an old thread in this regard is fine and certainly preferred.

But necroing a thread about "add a world map" would obviously be frowned upon because it's an irrelevant suggestion thread now. And necroing for shits n' giggles (which some users have done before) is likely to earn you a temp ban. 

So necroing is fine, but as long as the thread is still relevant.