[1.0] Combat Extended - 1.8.2 CE Melee released (17.11.2019)

Started by NoImageAvailable, June 09, 2017, 04:13:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sundogs

CombinedAutism

I am still having trouble with the Food and drug policies. Does anybody else have that? Basically pawns not keeping x amount of items (mainly drugs) in their inventory when you tell them to in the Drug Policy tab.

Ashrayn

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on March 01, 2019, 06:22:47 PM

I'd like to know how you deployed those guys. An RPG with HEAT has a small chance to hit a Centipede in the first body ring, any other part they'll incapacitate or kill it in one hit. If you stun them with EMP from any source you should have more than enough time to hit them.

The charge rifles and M60s have just about enough AP to do minor plinking damage, the M16s won't do jack to the armor. Unless the Centipedes came with auxiliaries there's no reason to even deploy them, just exposing them to enemy fire for little to no gain. Instead try using some grenade launchers or a shotgun with EMP. A well placed AGS-30 will rip through mech raids (and your component supply). A KPV also does wonders for DPS.

I agree with Morbo... while I generally enjoy the rest of CE, Centipedes are just not fun and single-handedly making me consider disabling this mod for future playthroughs. They are not only overtuned compared to vanilla, they are overtuned compared to the rest of the mod itself. My perspective of CE difficulty is that it's a double-edged sword. Your colonists are more fragile, but so are the enemies. Mechanoids break this balance by being more deadly AND tanky, and Centipedes turn this way past 11.

The amount of offensive power they have feels ludicrous. While death is always a possibility, and more so in CE, if I've made the proper preparations, if I have armor and cover, I should be able to expect some level of safety. And for every other enemy, this is the case. Injuries are inevitable, permanent injuries will accumulate, but instant deaths should be uncommon. Centipedes completely break this expectation; each attack is likely to one-shot someone. The blaster shoots like a minigun with the accuracy of a rifle, and the inferno cannon is for some reason able to destroy walls in one shot. I just don't understand why they were buffed, when the mod changes to pawn health already made mechs significantly stronger to begin with.

Most weapons are ineffective, and the only way to fight them is with RPGs, which just makes things worse. Part of the fun of RW is creating your own strategies, and the different raid types are meant to switch things up so that you need to adapt to the encounter. CE preserves and expands on this with the different weapon types, so you can choose your loadout and engagement range. However, when it comes to Centipedes, there is only one real option. Either you have an RPG and one-shot them, or you lose. There is no strategy involved. And if for whatever reason one gets a shot off, someone's dead.

Deadly enemies like this which need to be dealt with in a specific way should be rare, lategame encounters similar to doomsday or triple rocket launchers. It is not good design for something that shows up every few raids.

Lormax

This update broke my last save.  There's a conflict between Lord of the Rims - The Third Age and CE.  It's not allowing me to build arrows any longer.  Is there any way to revert back to a previous version of CE?  There were no conflicts at all at Rimworld startup previous to this update.

Alternatively, is there a mod out there that limits tech and research like the Lord of the Rims mod?  I'm simply trying to do a medieval playthrough.  Thanks!

f0xhunt

Quote from: Lormax on March 05, 2019, 02:28:09 AM
This update broke my last save.  There's a conflict between Lord of the Rims - The Third Age and CE.  It's not allowing me to build arrows any longer.  Is there any way to revert back to a previous version of CE?  There were no conflicts at all at Rimworld startup previous to this update.

Alternatively, is there a mod out there that limits tech and research like the Lord of the Rims mod?  I'm simply trying to do a medieval playthrough.  Thanks!

Download the previous version of the mod and unzip it into your mods folder. The mod folder should be where the exe is. IIRC steam contains all of the game data in a "common" folder from there you can find the Rimworld folder.

https://github.com/NoImageAvailable/CombatExtended/releases/tag/v1.0.1.2c

Lormax

@f0xhunt, first off, thank you very much.  Using the earlier version helped me remove the idea that it was specifically a CE problem, which it isn't.  The same problem exists. 
I'm using 4 mods to recreate the issue, Medieval Times, Combat Extended, Medieval Times/CE Compatibility Patch and Lord of the Rims (Or Medieval Vanilla, both have the same issue).  The first 3 work fine.  Once I add the final mod to limit tech, it removes the majority of arrows from the crafting spot.  "Flaming Bodkin Arrows" are still there, but that's it.

Is there anything I can add to Defs so that the tech limiting mod doesn't remove them from the crafting spot?

Eryx

Centipedes aren't too difficult, in my opinion. In all honesty, they're fairly easy as long as you don't bunch up and can break line of sight.

The AT weaponry in-game seems to have similar effectiveness (in range) as a WWII panzerschreck, although with more lethality. Find a place where you can sit and wait for them to get close, preferably a 'mountain' or 'hill,' and then hit them when they round the corner.
Unless you're caught out in the open or have literally no AT weaponry, (even medium caliber rounds do damage, though.) you should be able to deal with about 2-4, assuming that not all of them have their heaviest available weaponry.

I'm more worried about high point (2500~ and above) pirate raids, with multiple heavy launchers and even a few incendiary launchers that send my pawns running into bullets, or worse, having no combat capable units.
Another tip: RPG-7s have unlimited HEAT ammunition without ammo crafting.

CombinedAutism

I agree that Centipedes aren't too difficult once you get used to the fact theyre not useless crawling metal bags that you can kite from safe distance. But yea, don't let them get any shots off, that goes 10x for the Inferno Cannon ones. I haven't gotten to the now buffed 90mm Flak yet but if its accuracy is really reliable now you have an equally hard hitting weapon against them. On Github a rebalancing for ammo types was discussed and I think that is a good idea. As of now there is not really any point taking FMJ over AP. And, I have to say it again because it is my facorite weapon, the Tac50s Sabot Round is all but useless and a waste of Uranium :P.

The accuracy buff preventing bullet interception by vegetation is a great addition, thanks for adding that.

Densevoid

When I played with this mod a caravan came to me. A group of weak aggressive animals attacked the caravan. The caravan was a lot stronger and easier to deal with them. But because of the changed physics, the caravan often got into each other and into their animals. As a result, many of them died and I had the opportunity to pick up their clothes and weapons. But I do not like it, because Looks lame and dishonest.

Does anyone agree that this is a big defect preventing you from using the mod?

sadris

How do you open the Loadout panel *after* you have defined a loadout? The button disappears as soon as I click it and I can't find anyway to open it again.

E-102

It says that Combat Extended is compatible but I get errors when I run them together. They are mostly all the same of
[No Verse.BodyPartGroupDef named
(LowerRightMechaTentacle/LowerLeftMechaTentacle/TailBlade/UpperLeftMechaTentacle/UpperRightMechaTentacle)
found to give to CombatExtended.ToolCE
(LowerRightMechaTentacle/LowerLeftMechaTentacle/TailBlade/UpperLeftMechaTentacle/UpperRightMechaTentacle)]

github error report: https://git.io/fjv03

Jiro

Quote from: sadris on March 11, 2019, 10:32:00 PM
How do you open the Loadout panel *after* you have defined a loadout? The button disappears as soon as I click it and I can't find anyway to open it again.
The button disappears for the character sheet (for some reason) but you can find it again under the "Assign" tab.

Deer87

Can someone help me out here?
If I want to patch the Rim-effect weapons to CE, would it be possible to make 1-size-fits all heatsink clips as in ME2 and 3?
As CE works, its the ammo that defines the damage and AP, not the gun, but could i make all guns fully reload with 1 unit of ammo (heatsink), and let the gun define damage as well as armour pen?

Otherwise i would have to revert to ME1 with its recharging heatsinks that resemble Rimworld vanilla (read, no ammo :( )

sumghai

Quote from: Deer87 on March 15, 2019, 03:45:23 AM
Can someone help me out here?
If I want to patch the Rim-effect weapons to CE, would it be possible to make 1-size-fits all heatsink clips as in ME2 and 3?
As CE works, its the ammo that defines the damage and AP, not the gun, but could i make all guns fully reload with 1 unit of ammo (heatsink), and let the gun define damage as well as armour pen?

Otherwise i would have to revert to ME1 with its recharging heatsinks that resemble Rimworld vanilla (read, no ammo :( )

Your best bet is to ask this question in the official CE Discord channel - CE author NoImageAvailable is often online, and so can answer your questions better.

Xubrim

Sorry if this was already asked and I couldn't find it, but is there some deeper balance reason behind almost halving the body size of dromedaries? Nerfing the carry weight of a dromedary while boosting it for a muffalo and alpaca does curious things to the status quo of caravan animals.