[1.0] Combat Extended - 1.8.2 CE Melee released (17.11.2019)

Started by NoImageAvailable, June 09, 2017, 04:13:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: Ink. on May 17, 2019, 11:43:39 AM
http://prntscr.com/npw3qk

Unless the versions are labelled diff, looks like. I've always kept it just to auto update via workshop.

E - My game was showing I had an older version of CE, so I switched to it just to see. A lot of errors went away and an issue I was having stopped happening. Still some errors but it's info. Simple Sidearms does not work at all for me now, when before it used to to some degree.

If you want to make sure you have the latest release, grab the one off of GitHub. There's a couple Steam releases that are now deprecated.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

Ink.

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on May 17, 2019, 06:24:27 PM
Quote from: Ink. on May 17, 2019, 11:43:39 AM
http://prntscr.com/npw3qk

Unless the versions are labelled diff, looks like. I've always kept it just to auto update via workshop.

E - My game was showing I had an older version of CE, so I switched to it just to see. A lot of errors went away and an issue I was having stopped happening. Still some errors but it's info. Simple Sidearms does not work at all for me now, when before it used to to some degree.

If you want to make sure you have the latest release, grab the one off of GitHub. There's a couple Steam releases that are now deprecated.

Gotcha. Less errors on start up now, but still some issues. Particularly the most noticeable one, the main issue I've been dealing with no matter what CE version I'm on, is that my assign tab does not work. It doesn't open and spawns an error in my debug log on pressing. I had this before with CE (which is why I disabled it then). I think there's a conflict between one of my mods and CE. I'll try to remove a few and see what happens, cause I think I have an idea. Either way, here's a log with the error in case it sparks anything.

https://gist.github.com/c268ae2b72abb7aef1a22f8a52dcf55f

NoImageAvailable

CE adds the loadout interface to the assign tab. If one of your mods is doing something weird to it it'll conflict.

Ink.

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on May 17, 2019, 09:06:49 PM
CE adds the loadout interface to the assign tab. If one of your mods is doing something weird to it it'll conflict.

Yep. But that's where I'm drawing a blank as I've disabled the only mod I knew of that modified that tab and I had the same issue. So I'm trying to determine what else would be using it.

Edit - I've found what it was. It was actually 'Better Pawn Control'. Which is odd because I'm incredibly certain that has been used with CE even recently, but who knows why it all broke. I found I hardly used the different policy features anyway versus the combat mechanics.

Appreciate the info and brainstorming help!

Eryx

I love how so many people comment just to hate- then call the other people the trolls.

Anyway, I have a question- as of B18 (and perhaps now) do pawns have complex hitboxes? 'Complex' as in if their box is hit at x Cells high, they'll suffer a headshot wound? Or is it simply realistic RnG?

Also, people need to keep in mind that Rimworld era is different from today. EMP weapons make sense as a viable weapon against Centipedes, for instance. I however, avoid that approach. See, what everyone tends to forget is that you're not even a full squad of soldiers assuming you use the Vanilla settings, but three ill equipped and likely trained civilians. Defense is more than about just a lot of cover- and did you ever cut down those trees? Did you make sure your positions had nice open fields of fire? Did you get overrun because you bunched up all your guys in a single bunker rather than spreading them out, allowing them to cover eachother- an in depth defense? Could you gradually fall back, picking them off? Do you make sure to pick up all of the enemies weaponry for use later?

I know I'm just rambling here but there's a lot to defending successfully. Having a strong grip on small unit tactics is key in this mod. I never use EMPs, rarely utilize mech suits/power armor, super heavy weaponry, etc. etc. I just try to populate my colony and to keep them equipped enough for the next fight, eventually regulating my forces enough to have 'standard issue' style forces.

Three man fireteams are effective enough within the mod, small enough to utilize early but still large enough to provide a small front and provide aid to wounded while still firing, or dragging out wounded.
Early on, dividing your two teams into assaulting and base-of-fire elements with respective weaponry is important, although balancing out your men can be equally effective. However, early on, having a sniper to pick off important targets can be crucial to your colonists' survival. Thus, splitting your troops in a way that divides firepower and agility less equally can work, provided you make sure you cover your assaulting element properly.
I'd recommend reading some tactical guides not made for Rimworld, but other realistic games, or perhaps even real world applications.

This mod is truly a huge improvement to combat regardless of how 'unrealistic' one could consider it anyway.

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: Eryx on May 27, 2019, 01:07:59 PM
Anyway, I have a question- as of B18 (and perhaps now) do pawns have complex hitboxes? 'Complex' as in if their box is hit at x Cells high, they'll suffer a headshot wound? Or is it simply realistic RnG?

That's been the case for a while now. Hitboxes are divided into a top, mid and lower section. Hence why people behind cover tend to only get hit in the head.

ConfusedNerd

Hey, so i literally created the forum account for this, but i found a "bug" or an abuse. If you don't have ammo but make them "shoot" empty, you still get shooting exp. I've noticed this as my hunter ran out due to mental break to shoot at everything and started leveling. Maybe a check could be performed before shooting if ammo is available.

Thanks for this awesome mod ^_^

Kyna Tiona

I don't actually understand how this bug came to be. When I get the chance, I'm going to have to take her into combat and see if the shields' defensive values all take effect...

https://i.imgur.com/wGvsaxA.jpg

Ixenzo

Had a pawn being pinned down with heavy suppression so they couldn't move a tile. The problem: the pawn was also on fire the whole time. The hunkering down movement overrides fire extinguishing movement, so it's impossible for a pawn to put themselves out.

It would be highly appreciated if putting themselves out would take precedence over hunkering down, e.g. as long as the pawn's activity is burning and trying to beat out the fire, hunkering job is ignored. I as a person would probably care about being on fire first before the bullets flying around.

Rambus200

Does anyone know what ticking exception error means, and does anyone know how to find the object that the .get_ParentArmor is referring too. It just says unknown in the log. Example error below:

Exception ticking Bullet_762x54mmR_AP75527 (at (121, 0, 121)): System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at CombatExtended.CompSuppressable.get_ParentArmor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at CombatExtended.ProjectileCE.ApplySuppression (Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at CombatExtended.ProjectileCE.CheckCellForCollision (IntVec3 cell) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at CombatExtended.ProjectileCE.CheckForCollisionBetween () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at CombatExtended.ProjectileCE.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.TickList.Tick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String, Boolean)
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

I'm trying to troubleshoot my mod list and this is the last common error i get in a fire fight.

Retry_02Hide

Uhm...I am not sure is this one of CE features or not, is it normal to see tribal factions equipped with guns and stick bomb?

And another issue exists for a long time...over buffed centipeds...

And one another damn problem, how to keep mortar force fire the same target still instead of bombing on our own man's head gesus christ,  I use spotter to mark on the centipe but one of idiot still keep bombing my own colonist who stands near by the melee mechanoids (to be precise, I marked the centipe and set both mortars forced fire on it, but after they fired, they turned back to random target picking, any solutions?).

mitasamodel

What I'm doing in this situation is controlling the mortals manually. So, they are always on "Hold Fire" until I set the target and let them shoot (then again back to "Hold fire" until I remember them).

NoImageAvailable

Update

CE 1.5 released: infections and bleed rates buffed, raiders will no longer use direct attack and prepare strategies vs established colonies, various other fixes. See full changelog on GitHub

CE Guns 1.2 released: M72 LAW wasn't craftable due to a bug, this is fixed now GitHub

Dakkon

Nice stuff. Also appreciate the mainfest added to CE guns, I've always preferred manually updating mods as steam can have issues sometimes.

BladeOfSharpness