[1.0] Combat Extended - 1.8.2 CE Melee released (17.11.2019)

Started by NoImageAvailable, June 09, 2017, 04:13:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NoImageAvailable

Public service announcement

As some of you may already know, a major CE update is in the works. As part of this effort, the armor system was revisited to provide a more streamlined and intuitive experience to the players. Unfortunately, this also means that a number of compatibility patches need to be updated to the new system. Affected are patches for:

• Apparel
  • Ranged and melee weapons
  • Animals/races
  • Projectiles*
*Only projectiles added by the patch itself need updating, those integrated into CE will be updated by the CE team.

This is a call to patch makers and others willing to help us ensure that as many patches as possible will be ready by the time CE 1.6 is released. Updating is a simple process which only requires knowledge of Google Sheets and XML. To help provide as much support as possible, we've added an extra channel on the official CE Discord dedicated to patching where you can get live support from us. Documentation has also been expanded to assist the process to further improve compatibility.

Please submit your patches to the CE GitHub repo in order to integrate them with the main mod. A common player complaint has been having to hunt for various patches in various locations. By bundling patches directly with CE, we can give users a smoother experience. We have taken steps to streamline the PR process and get submitted patches into the release version as soon as possible. If you cannot use GitHub, you can submit your patch via the Discord instead.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

Eryx

I know this may be unrelated to that last post, but is there any particular reason explosives have been weakened? I used to use GLs as a way to counter physical/'bubble' shields and power armor, but now they're much less effective against, well, everything.
I put a 25mm into a tribal and he survived, no Go-Juice or anything, although yes, that is a smaller grenade than more standard 40mm's. I do see much less shields, so it's at least more balanced in that regard, but explosives seem a little underwhelming now.

Trimm

I feel like the new armor system is a little (a lot)... off. A single raider with a SMG walked into my colony and completely decimated me while my colonists lit him up with a .303 EnField, .44 mag Redhawk and buckshot. I couldn't figure out why he was taking zero damage, but then I saw he had 200% armor because of his cloth parka. A T-shirt, Parka and shoulder pads were over 8mm of armor which my FMJ and HP rounds simply bounced off of. For comparison, Power armor is 20mm of armor.

I really don't think you should need 7.62x54mm AP rounds to down a raider in cloth.

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: Trimm on October 22, 2019, 06:56:23 PM
I feel like the new armor system is a little (a lot)... off. A single raider with a SMG walked into my colony and completely decimated me while my colonists lit him up with a .303 EnField, .44 mag Redhawk and buckshot. I couldn't figure out why he was taking zero damage, but then I saw he had 200% armor because of his cloth parka. A T-shirt, Parka and shoulder pads were over 8mm of armor which my FMJ and HP rounds simply bounced off of. For comparison, Power armor is 20mm of armor.

I really don't think you should need 7.62x54mm AP rounds to down a raider in cloth.

You're using something else to add broken clothing and material

Trimm

That would make more sense. After digging some more I have a mod that is adding colored cloth with insane defense values. I tried to recreate it and craft my own Bluefur parkas and their armor valves were normal, less than 1mm. Now I just have to figure out where the cloth is coming from.

I'll never doubt you again :)

Edit: The mod 'Area Rugs for 1.0' added Vivid [color] Cloth, which caused the raiders to spawn with Vivid Green Parkas that had the crazy armor value. Disabled the mod and it appears to be back to normal. Thanks.

Epishade

Really liking the mod, but I just noticed just how stupid easy it is to make money by selling prometheum.  A full field of blazebulbs grown in a sunlamp, just by harvesting them, can easily net you over 2000 silver for practically zero actual effort outside of keeping your fields cool (which isn't really that hard).  It feels quite broken.

Why should I produce flake to sell if I can instead grow blazebulbs and sell prometheum?  Flake sells for $14 and requires additional processing of psychoid leaves.  You get 8 leaves per plant which gives you a total of 2 flake per harvest.  Overall $28 per plant harvest.

Blazebulbs though, you receive 5 prometheum on harvest.  Prometheum sells for $6 each.  With no additional processing you've already made $2 more than you would have gotten by making Flake (and saved countless effort from actually producing Flake).  Not to mention blazebulbs have an almost double faster plant maturity of 5 days, vs psychoid's 9.

Can this be looked at possibly?  It doesn't feel very balanced imo.  Even just compared to other different forms of money making like tailoring, I can easily make $10,000 every 5 days just by growing and harvesting blazebulbs.  Why do anything else?

makute

@Epishade, Wild Cultivation + Seeds Please and you're set.

And you gave me an idea to make a new recipe for the Plant Processing Bench from Seeds Please to add an additional step in the Prometheum extraction process.

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: Epishade on October 25, 2019, 12:55:20 AM
Can this be looked at possibly?  It doesn't feel very balanced imo.  Even just compared to other different forms of money making like tailoring, I can easily make $10,000 every 5 days just by growing and harvesting blazebulbs.  Why do anything else?

Prometheum and FSX being too easy to get is one of the things being looked at for 1.6

Epishade

Oooo I'm glad to hear it.  Funny enough I have a hard time coming across FSX (so much so that I installed the mod to be able to refine chemfuel into it), but that's ok.  Looking forward to see what's in store for 1.6.

@makute I've tried seeds please before, but eventually I found it a bit more tedious than I'd like so I've shelved it for now.  One day I may reinstall it though.  Does wild cultivation even work with blazebulbs anyways though, considering they can light on fire?  Never tried it before.  It also still would be sort of a bandaid fix for my issue and doesn't address the problem of Prometheum's market price being too high for its ease of growing and lack of procesing imo.

makute

It always bugged me that you could just grow infinite food from thin air in vanilla. The combination of Wild Cultivation + Seeds Please works as a charm from a realism viewpoint.

You can trade for every seeds you need or you can find on the wild. Some of them are restricted to certain biomes though, and others are so uncommon that you must find a specific seller, but it just adds to the immersion IMHO.

lookky

When my doctor is tending to someone, it fill the bar and restart the process. The health tab on my pawn doesn't change. I try to use no medicine, and herbal medicine. My medical skill is 7. The only way to heal from wounds is waiting, and most of the times my pawns bleed out. Is this a feature of the mod is bugged??

Edit: Field Medic was the problem.

NoImageAvailable

Update

CE 1.6 is released and out of beta. As this is a major release be sure to check out the changelog. Get it on GitHub

CE Guns has been updated to 1.3 to match the new CE release. Be sure to grab it on GitHub

Also, as some of you may already know, I've been working on a game of my own. "Ascent of Ashes" is finally in a state where I'm comfortable going public with it, so check it out if you're interested in a post-apocalyptic survival sim incorporating many of the features you know and love from CE.

Epishade

Was projectile speed on the recurve bow changed?  It feels slower than it used to, but I'm not positive that I'm not just imagining it.  I don't see it in the changelog.

Also idk why, but I use the mod [KV] Show Hair With Hats or Hide All Hats - 1.0, and as of the new update it doesn't work.  Hats on pawns completely hide their hair.  Is this something that would be fixed on CE, or something that the hat mod needs to patch for?

Epishade

Bug - when arrows are shot from the recurve bow, they turn into great arrows when they land on the ground.

makute

I'm really eager to give the new CE a run! :)

As of the CEGuns changelog, the P7 and Kriss Vector have been removed. Any reason behind that change? I always thought we were short on the sidearms aspect. Is the S-11 Charge SMG meant to fill their void or just to add more colour to the charge weapons?

Are there plans to add more late-game guns to CEGuns? I tried a couple of "futuristic" mods in the past, but their weapons are just plain OP and unbalanced, and doesn't fit into the lore much.

Also, I'd like to thank you for giving support to Vanilla Armor Expanded. It adds a lot to the poor selection of armors available.

BTW, I wish you good luck with your "Ascent of Ashes" project. I really dig the art direction and character design. Did you know of "Unclaimed World"? Is a little game about a group of stranded colonist on an alien planet. A bit heavy in the micromanaging aspect, but fun and engaging. You should give it a try, it may be helpful at giving hindsight on what design decisions should be avoided, specially on the UI ;)