[1.0] Combat Extended - 1.8.2 CE Melee released (17.11.2019)

Started by NoImageAvailable, June 09, 2017, 04:13:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MCreeper

Quote from: Tanelorn on June 22, 2017, 04:40:18 PM
WOAH! Shortbows require 25 steel and 2 components?!?!? Longbows have similar requirements. Is this the CE recipe or do I have some rogue mod doing this??
Yeah, it's definitely this mod. And it seems you can no longer make wooden bows. Or i missed something?
Did recent patch done something with this? "Fixed bows having wrong crafting materials"

corafutur

Quote from: MCreeper on June 22, 2017, 04:53:16 PM
Quote from: Tanelorn on June 22, 2017, 04:40:18 PM
WOAH! Shortbows require 25 steel and 2 components?!?!? Longbows have similar requirements. Is this the CE recipe or do I have some rogue mod doing this??
Yeah, it's definitely this mod. And it seems you can no longer make wooden bows. Or i missed something?
Did recent patch done something with this? "Fixed bows having wrong crafting materials"

You must have the wrong version.

<defName>Bow_Short</defName>
    <statBases>
      <SightsEfficiency>0.6</SightsEfficiency>
      <ShotSpread>1</ShotSpread>
      <SwayFactor>2</SwayFactor>
      <Bulk>3.00</Bulk>
      <RangedWeapon_Cooldown>1</RangedWeapon_Cooldown>
    </statBases>
    <costList>
      <WoodLog>10</WoodLog>
    </costList>

IHateRegistering

There seems to be an error with the apparello tribal shield:
XML error: Could not find parent node named "ShieldBase" for node "ThingDef". Full node: <ThingDef ParentName="ShieldBase"><defName>Apparello_Tribalshield</defName><description>Shield made of planks and padding. Used by native tribes in hopes to deflect bullets and to summon the courage of the great 'Shiled-Sheild Téh Gaurdian' A Godly protector of the tribes.</description><label>tribal shield</label><graphicData><texPath>Apparel/Display/MogoShield</texPath><graphicClass>Graphic_Single</graphicClass></graphicData><tradeability>Sellable</tradeability><costStuffCount>15</costStuffCount><stuffCategories><li>Leathery</li><li>Fabric</li></stuffCategories><recipeMaker><workSpeedStat>TailoringSpeed</workSpeedStat><workSkill>Crafting</workSkill><effectWorking>Tailor</effectWorking><soundWorking>Recipe_Tailor</soundWorking><researchPrerequisite>ApparelloTribalwearDesign</researchPrerequisite><recipeUsers><li>ElectricTailoringBench</li><li>HandTailoringBench</li><li>CraftingSpot</li></recipeUsers></recipeMaker><thingCategories><li>Apparel</li></thingCategories><statBases><Mass>0.40</Mass><ArmorRating_Blunt>0.25</ArmorRating_Blunt><ArmorRating_Sharp>0.1</ArmorRating_Sharp><Bulk>8</Bulk><WornBulk>5</WornBulk></statBases><apparel><tags><li>TribalShield</li></tags></apparel><colorGenerator Class="ColorGenerator_StandardApparel" /><equippedStatOffsets><ReloadSpeed>-0.05</ReloadSpeed><MeleeHitChance>-0.05</MeleeHitChance><ShootingAccuracy>-0.05</ShootingAccuracy><AimingAccuracy>-0.05</AimingAccuracy><Suppressability>-0.25</Suppressability><MeleeCritChance>-0.05</MeleeCritChance><MeleeParryChance>1.0</MeleeParryChance></equippedStatOffsets><modExtensions><li Class="CombatExtended.ShieldDefExtension"><shieldCoverage><li>Hands</li><li>Arms</li><li>Shoulders</li><li>Torso</li><li>Neck</li></shieldCoverage></li></modExtensions></ThingDef>
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.XmlInheritance:GetBestParentFor(XmlInheritanceNode, String)
Verse.XmlInheritance:ResolveParentsAndChildNodesLinks()
Verse.XmlInheritance:Resolve()
Verse.ModContentPack:LoadDefs(IEnumerable`1)
Verse.LoadedModManager:LoadAllActiveMods()
Verse.PlayDataLoader:DoPlayLoad()
Verse.PlayDataLoader:LoadAllPlayData(Boolean)
Verse.Root:<Start>m__84E()
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action)
Verse.LongEventHandler:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>m__84C()

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: IHateRegistering on June 23, 2017, 12:44:55 AM
There seems to be an error with the apparello tribal shield:
XML error: Could not find parent node named "ShieldBase" for node "ThingDef". Full node: <ThingDef ParentName="ShieldBase"><defName>Apparello_Tribalshield</defName><description>Shield made of planks and padding. Used by native tribes in hopes to deflect bullets and to summon the courage of the great 'Shiled-Sheild Téh Gaurdian' A Godly protector of the tribes.</description><label>tribal shield</label><graphicData><texPath>Apparel/Display/MogoShield</texPath><graphicClass>Graphic_Single</graphicClass></graphicData><tradeability>Sellable</tradeability><costStuffCount>15</costStuffCount><stuffCategories><li>Leathery</li><li>Fabric</li></stuffCategories><recipeMaker><workSpeedStat>TailoringSpeed</workSpeedStat><workSkill>Crafting</workSkill><effectWorking>Tailor</effectWorking><soundWorking>Recipe_Tailor</soundWorking><researchPrerequisite>ApparelloTribalwearDesign</researchPrerequisite><recipeUsers><li>ElectricTailoringBench</li><li>HandTailoringBench</li><li>CraftingSpot</li></recipeUsers></recipeMaker><thingCategories><li>Apparel</li></thingCategories><statBases><Mass>0.40</Mass><ArmorRating_Blunt>0.25</ArmorRating_Blunt><ArmorRating_Sharp>0.1</ArmorRating_Sharp><Bulk>8</Bulk><WornBulk>5</WornBulk></statBases><apparel><tags><li>TribalShield</li></tags></apparel><colorGenerator Class="ColorGenerator_StandardApparel" /><equippedStatOffsets><ReloadSpeed>-0.05</ReloadSpeed><MeleeHitChance>-0.05</MeleeHitChance><ShootingAccuracy>-0.05</ShootingAccuracy><AimingAccuracy>-0.05</AimingAccuracy><Suppressability>-0.25</Suppressability><MeleeCritChance>-0.05</MeleeCritChance><MeleeParryChance>1.0</MeleeParryChance></equippedStatOffsets><modExtensions><li Class="CombatExtended.ShieldDefExtension"><shieldCoverage><li>Hands</li><li>Arms</li><li>Shoulders</li><li>Torso</li><li>Neck</li></shieldCoverage></li></modExtensions></ThingDef>
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.XmlInheritance:GetBestParentFor(XmlInheritanceNode, String)
Verse.XmlInheritance:ResolveParentsAndChildNodesLinks()
Verse.XmlInheritance:Resolve()
Verse.ModContentPack:LoadDefs(IEnumerable`1)
Verse.LoadedModManager:LoadAllActiveMods()
Verse.PlayDataLoader:DoPlayLoad()
Verse.PlayDataLoader:LoadAllPlayData(Boolean)
Verse.Root:<Start>m__84E()
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action)
Verse.LongEventHandler:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>m__84C()

Try loading Apparello lower in your load order.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

IHateRegistering

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on June 23, 2017, 01:59:26 AM

Try loading Apparello lower in your load order.
Placing it below combat extended did the trick, which leads me to the question where exactly should CE be placed in a load order? Was loaded last in my list and didn't have any problem until now.

XeoNovaDan

I'd put CE at the bottom of load order because of its patching nature; it patches any mods above it in the load order that it's compatible with, to work with CE.

AllenWL

I think I found a bug. If a pawn with a shield gets attacked by a prisoner and blocks the attack, the prisoner does not get the 'guilty' label. The only turn guilty when they actually manage to hurt the pawn, which sorta makes it annoying when executing prisoners who constantly go berserk or try to run away.

rambo

I know its overpowered but is there a patch or something that adds back the mini gun i understand the reason why you removed it but i want it

IHateRegistering

Quote from: AllenWL on June 23, 2017, 04:37:28 AM
I think I found a bug. If a pawn with a shield gets attacked by a prisoner and blocks the attack, the prisoner does not get the 'guilty' label. The only turn guilty when they actually manage to hurt the pawn, which sorta makes it annoying when executing prisoners who constantly go berserk or try to run away.

Yeah that's what I thought as well but Apparello actually needs to be loaded below CE so the patch can do its magic. So maybe CE should be loaded somewhat early because I don't think Apparello needs to be at the very bottom by itself.

deathstar

Quote from: XeoNovaDan on June 23, 2017, 03:59:23 AM
I'd put CE at the bottom of load order because of its patching nature; it patches any mods above it in the load order that it's compatible with, to work with CE.

Wut? I've been doing the complete opposite, I see the mod as more of a framework and have it as high up as possible. It's Core, HugsLib, CE for me.

coldcell

Quote from: deathstar on June 23, 2017, 09:27:11 AM

Wut? I've been doing the complete opposite, I see the mod as more of a framework and have it as high up as possible. It's Core, HugsLib, CE for me.

I think it's becaus the lower the mod is placed, the more it'll overwrite. 1st should be Core, 2nd HugsLib. CE at the very bottom since it's a massive overhaul and will overwrite any conflicts from other mods. If you put it on 3rd, then other mods that change the nature of CE will get used instead, and you'll have disjointed CE experience.

NoImageAvailable

That's not how patches work. CE will patch all mods regardless, load order only comes into play if another mod patches the same value (in which case the one with lower order will override the higher). But then that shouldn't be a problem except in cases where a) the mod makes changes that are fundamentally incompatible with CE, in which case load order won't fix the hard conflict or b) the other mod is written in a sloppy fashion that is prone to override other mods' changes for no reason.

The reason Apparello needs to be below in the load order is because the patch changes the Apparello tribal shield to inherit from an abstract def defined in CE and defs can only access abstracts from mods higher up in the load order.

Quote from: AllenWL on June 23, 2017, 04:37:28 AM

I wouldn't call that a bug so much as the entire guilt system being kind of rubbish in general. If they swing at you and miss entirely they won't get flagged guilty either.

I may or may not make a separate mod in the future where guilt is just a more or less permanent flag that gets assigned to anyone who spawns as part of a raid. So that traveler you arrested when he was just passing by and resisted arrest would never be flagged guilty and anyone who arrives to murder and pillage is automatically guilty even if he gets downed by a deadfall trap before firing a single shot.

AllenWL

Is it just me, or is the steam version of the mod really slow to update?

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: AllenWL on June 24, 2017, 02:00:05 AM
Is it just me, or is the steam version of the mod really slow to update?

The guy who handles our Steam release hasn't been around the last few days, until he gets back its not getting updated.

LustrousWolf

Is the steam version no longer being updated? Says it is version 1.1 still?