[1.0] Combat Extended - 1.8.2 CE Melee released (17.11.2019)

Started by NoImageAvailable, June 09, 2017, 04:13:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NoImageAvailable

UPDATE: v1.4b released

Hotfix for Zombieland compatibility. Zombie bites weren't causing infections properly, this is now resolved. No other changes so if you're not using Zombieland you don't need to download this update.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

Brrainz

On a side note (and because modder love goes both ways) I successfully got Zombieland colonists to shoot even downed zombies - especially important with CE installed. Release soon!

rambo

so my guys are in a fire fight and one of them was behind a wall and not shooting and then one of the enemies just shoots them through and hits my guy BEHIND A WALL he gets hit behind a wall thats bullsh*t. it may be from your mod

NoImageAvailable

The wall-phasing bug was fixed ages ago in 1.2. Don't use the outdated Steam release people, only use the one uploaded by Skullywag.

PreDiabetic

Am I the only one having Arrow problem? When Archers are out of arrows. They still trying to shoot instead of switching to fist or melee weapons. Owned colonist or guest. It's all the same. The just look enemy with bow, attacking without actually firing anything.

rambo

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on July 19, 2017, 12:22:52 PM
The wall-phasing bug was fixed ages ago in 1.2. Don't use the outdated Steam release people, only use the one uploaded by Skullywag.
i have version 1.4

Daimonin

I seem to have a slight issue, Running CE with Ammo disabled (and new game). My mortars no longer need ammo either, which I thought was a vanilla thing. Also, mortal shells are not craftable in either the machining table OR the Loading Bench (which has no recipes at all).
This would not be a problem, except the IED and Incendiary Traps still ask for an HE and Incendiary shell to build. Rather annoying to be limited to only deadfall traps.

Is this a bug (known or not? Or should I be looking at other mods that might be breaking this?)

NoImageAvailable

No ammo means no ammo, that includes mortar shells. The trap recipes are an issue I might look at but I'm not gonna change mortars back to vanilla shells for no ammo mode, simply because I'd rather be adding new features or improve existing ones than figure out ways to disable them.

Evelyn

A potential workaround could be adding landmines or other explosives made with FSX and/or Prometheum. That is, if you can still obtain it with ammo disabled. I've admittedly never played a game of CE without ammo.

rambo

i wish there could be a better system of range like you can shoot any gun as far as a colonist can see like trying to snipe with a pistol but hard to do and need a lot of shooting skill

hawerz

Quote from: Mr_Man on June 17, 2017, 10:31:21 AM
Getting the following spam when someone is training animals: "Can't do taming job because of a full inventory" not sure if it's related to CE

Yes I have this also. Just beginning a new game, my main hunter / tamer had equipped the riffle and he had taken 100x the matching type of ammo automatically, as advertised in the mod showcase.

Then as most workers do, he also equipped a Packaged Survival Meal and went to his own business like cutting trees, but second priority was taming, that's when the message poped up.

So I tried to right clik on my dog I want to train obedience, and force training, that's when I get spammed the message ad infinitum

I got clever, paused the game, unequipped the meal, the ammo and also clicked on the arrow to drop the weapon ... but alas it did nothing, the pawn wouldn't drop the weapon.

He dropped the meal and the ammo, and then ran to the closest stockpile to get some more of the same ammo while he had it at his feet .....

I paused the game again, clicked the arrow to drop the gun again, wouldn't work. I clicked a bunch of time and finally he dropped the weapon and the game crashed to desktop.

I guess that's enough Combat Extended for me, I'll start a new game without it, it's sad because it looked promising.

EDIT :
so being a dev, I went a step further.
Disabled all addons except CE (I disabled also CE weapons), and restarted the game.

Generated a new world, 3 new colonists making sure one was above 4 at shooting AND taming (name Joe), and started randomly on a 30% world and standard size map on cassandra Rough.

Pause the game, allow rifle and ammo, tell Joe to equip rifle, disable taming on all characters, select nearby bushes for harvest, set "cut" on priority 1 for everyone, unpause the game.

Joe equips the rifle, than takes matching ammo and reload the rifle, than join the other 2 at gathering berries.

Once I have some berries on the floor, pause the game again, find nearest rabbit and tag him "tame".
In Work I re-enable taming on Joe, select him, right click on rabbit, the popup to tame comes and I get spammed of messages on the top left "Can't do taming job because of a full inventory"

Click elsewhere, unpause the game a little so characters decide what to do, pause the game again and try the same : right clicking the rabbit with Joe selected doesn't even do anything anymore.

After a while it comes back I get the popup to tame and it's clickable. I click on it and now Joe goes to pick something ... For a moment I think he goes for berries to come back tame the rabbit but no he goes for ammo ??? while he still hasn't used any. Picks up some more ammo, then goes to pick a berry and ... eats it. The task to tame the rabbit is forgotten.

Pause the game, right click again on the rabbit and click tame (not spammed of messages on the top left this time), and finally Joe goes to try and tame the rabbit.

There is something really wrong going on here.

I'm playing on steam and installed the mods through the workshop, don't know if it changes anything but now you know :p

Good luck ... random bugs like this are the worse

NoImageAvailable

The can't do hauling job message isn't a bug, its there to let you know your tamer can't do his job cause you filled his inventory with junk. They need to pick up a certain amount of food before they'll do taming and they won't go over the mass/bulk limits for it. If you're having problems try giving them a tactical vest or backpack or alternatively drop some ammo from their inventory. If you're using the auto-equip ammo option they'll usually fill up on ammo automatically, try using a loadout to prevent that.

Speaking of bulk, its kinda rare these days that I'm working on features that make for decent screenshots, so have a sneak peek at this storage solution for tribals (should also help with people experiencing issues with tribals spawning without ammo)

hawerz

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on July 21, 2017, 04:33:18 PM
The can't do hauling job message isn't a bug, its there to let you know your tamer can't do his job cause you filled his inventory with junk. They need to pick up a certain amount of food before they'll do taming and they won't go over the mass/bulk limits for it. If you're having problems try giving them a tactical vest or backpack or alternatively drop some ammo from their inventory. If you're using the auto-equip ammo option they'll usually fill up on ammo automatically, try using a loadout to prevent that.

In the tests I've done, bulk doesn't matter, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't, sometimes the pawn is carying only the gun, ammo and 1 packaged meal, and can't go taming, next time he is also carying berries, and still he goes pick up meat and goes taming an animal.

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: hawerz on July 22, 2017, 11:50:29 AM
In the tests I've done, bulk doesn't matter, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't, sometimes the pawn is carying only the gun, ammo and 1 packaged meal, and can't go taming, next time he is also carying berries, and still he goes pick up meat and goes taming an animal.

If you can reliably reproduce it I'd be interested in a screenshot of your tamer's gear tab at the time the bug occurs. Also, what version of the mod are you using (listed in the mod menu if you're unsure)?

Daimonin

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on July 20, 2017, 04:09:07 PM
No ammo means no ammo, that includes mortar shells. The trap recipes are an issue I might look at but I'm not gonna change mortars back to vanilla shells for no ammo mode, simply because I'd rather be adding new features or improve existing ones than figure out ways to disable them.

Ah Im ok with there not being mortar shells at all. But if you could change/add a recipe for traps using prometheum/FSX instead of the shell itself... That would be great. :)