[1.0] Combat Extended - 1.8.2 CE Melee released (17.11.2019)

Started by NoImageAvailable, June 09, 2017, 04:13:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NoImageAvailable

Update

0.17.1.1 is out now. It includes some minor fixes for players but the main additions are for mod makers: a new patch class to expedite the process of making gun mods compatible and several additional calibers were added to the main mod.

Additionally, the mod is now compatible with EPOE.

For details, see the changelog on GitHub

Quote from: XeoNovaDan on June 10, 2017, 06:47:41 PM
From what I've gathered, the actual Patch Operation classes mentioned in the CE XML-patching section don't even exist.

Yeah, I wrote that documentation earlier today when I was prepping the release, but got delayed. Sorry about that.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

XeoNovaDan

gariba

I realize this was updated like 10 minutes ago, but please update it on steam too.

Also, I know there are still stuff to be done, so I'll just point out that currently the flak vest has no crafting recipe.

Beefi

Is there a specific ammo for turrets or just 5.56 because I can't seem to reload the auto turrets.

Alaqdas

Does this mod work in saved games? I have a game saved and it always appears the log when I start, and I can not save the game. Here is the log below for more details. (I could not insert the image in the text so here is the link).

http://imgur.com/a/qs1kk

When I save this error appears ....

http://imgur.com/a/hSiwm

Geneoce

Hey NoImageAvailable,

Would you be able to get some armor calculations on the wiki? I'm trying to get Rimsenal's Ferals compatible with CE and I'm scratching my head getting the armor done. Ferals have kinda been naturalized into my game since their release. Hard to play without them, just like with your mod!

Cheers.

Jan2607

I have some trouble with one of my colonists.
She is equipped with a survival rifle, and I want to give her my new assault rifle. It seems she can't equip it. She takes it and drops it immediately on the floor. After a while she comes back and equips the old survival rifle again.
I tried to give her other weapons (LMG, rocket launcher), but she won't take it. I gave her another survival rifle, and she took it. But she don't want to equip other types of weapons.
She has a bagpack, so bulk and mass aren't the problem (current weight: 8 kg, capacity: 34 kg/current bulk: 14, capacity: 42).
My other colonists did equip the assault rifle...

So, what I am doing wrong? Or is there a bug?

corafutur

Quote from: Jan2607 on June 10, 2017, 09:15:01 PM
I have some trouble with one of my colonists.
She is equipped with a survival rifle, and I want to give her my new assault rifle. It seems she can't equip it. She takes it and drops it immediately on the floor. After a while she comes back and equips the old survival rifle again.
I tried to give her other weapons (LMG, rocket launcher), but she won't take it. I gave her another survival rifle, and she took it. But she don't want to equip other types of weapons.
She has a bagpack, so bulk and mass aren't the problem (current weight: 8 kg, capacity: 34 kg/current bulk: 14, capacity: 42).
My other colonists did equip the assault rifle...

So, what I am doing wrong? Or is there a bug?

You might want to assign/modify the loadout for your pawn.

AseaHeru

Yeah, The colonist being assigned a loadout is almost certainly the issue there.

Jan2607

Thank you :)
Yeah, I made accidentally a loadout for her and didn't notice it. Now everything works fine :)

Profound_Darkness

Quote from: Alaqdas on June 10, 2017, 08:35:28 PM
Does this mod work in saved games?

If you are adding CE mid save game, fairly sure that won't work.  If that wasn't what you were asking, my apologies.

There are two times that you are likely to need to start a new game with this mod, if your current save didn't have the mod already and if the current save had the ammo system disabled and you decide to enable it.

Quote from: MrWeeGee on June 10, 2017, 06:41:04 PM
I have a rather nasty bug that's happening to me though. Ever since I started my new game, my handlers have been getting "10 jobs in 10 ticks" errors that just loop endlessly when they try to pick up food to tame. I found the same issue on the Github, but it was closed back in April. I've added any information I had to it. My modlist is also in the Pastebin, but I don't think they'd give any compatibility issues.

That's quite a collection of mods there!  :) I see two possibilities for your issue: 1) There was a regression in the code and that bug is indeed back. 2) Some mod happens to alter the training/taming job such that CE isn't recognizing the job in order to track the food.

For anyone having this issue of 10 jobs in 10 ticks on training/taming, the work around is to add the generic raw food to any loadouts that might be assigned to pawns doing training/taming and make sure it's a large enough amount.  The default should suffice for most animals but big ones like Bears, Elephants, and others of such size might need the amount tweaked upwards.

Jan2607

If I want to make this mod compatible with Haplo's Miscellaneous w MAI, what would I need to change? The problem would be to give the MAIs the same loadout and body stuff like the human races, right? Would I have to change much of the code?

Moonsong

I'm very glad to see CE in Releases, it looks great so far. Since ammo is a thing it would be nice to not spend it on shooting downed emu five times to finish it off. Just kicking it to death is quite time consuming and requires manual control, so... how about something to deal with it? I believe i saw a small mode which implements like special task to slaughter poor thing once it's downed, which probably can be easy integrated. Or maybe something like "coup de grĂ¢ce mechanic" making everything that is downed killable with a single shot/stab and maybe even bite.

MrWeeGee

Quote from: Profound_Darkness on June 11, 2017, 10:07:04 AM2) Some mod happens to alter the training/taming job such that CE isn't recognizing the job in order to track the food.

It's possible, but I believe the only mod I'm using that alters taming, food, or even inventory management is Smarter Food Selection. I get the "10 jobs in 10 ticks" error even when I try to assign wakeup to a pawn's loadout. It works properly most of the time, but some pawns just run into the error.

Quote from: Moonsong on June 11, 2017, 01:30:43 PMI believe i saw a small mode which implements like special task to slaughter poor thing once it's downed

That mod is called AllowTool, a must-have imo and works great with CE.

AseaHeru

Try assigning your animal handlers some kibble or the like, that typically cleared up most of those sorts of errors for me with Combat Realism, should do the same in CE.