[1.0] Combat Extended - 1.8.2 CE Melee released (17.11.2019)

Started by NoImageAvailable, June 09, 2017, 04:13:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jpnm92

I love your mod.
My only suggestion to it as of right now is let me have an option to craft a shit ton of arrows.
Crafting only 10 at a time is way too painfull.

Edit: Nevermind i think i can edit the file myself. Never tried to mod

XeoNovaDan

This is an interesting looking mod, but I have a little balance feedback:

When I was testing this mod on my test map, I found the test pawns easily downing their targets in 1 burst from a machine pistol - whether it be a human, deer - and even a megatherium only took 4 bursts to take down. Thrumbos are somewhat more logical, and a thrumbo ripping a pawn's leg off instantly incapacitated them from pain.

i'd suggest reducing the pain factor of all injuries a little so that there's a little bit of wiggle room; while it does make sense that an unarmoured person will go down quickly, I'd find it more logical that a few uzi shots to the chest would be really painful - but not so much that you lose yourself.

I've never experienced any of this stuff IRL, so I could be completely wrong.

Razzoriel

Quote from: XeoNovaDan on June 10, 2017, 06:19:39 AM
I've never experienced any of this stuff IRL, so I could be completely wrong.

Yeah, you're completely wrong.

IHateRegistering

Quote from: Razzoriel on June 10, 2017, 09:15:02 AM

Yeah, you're completely wrong.
Well there were reports about people eating multiple bullets without flinching, but those are pretty damn rare. The average human would probably just scream and fall down.

Fregrant

There is enough sources, what a man could be downed in pain just by a single bullet. Usual 5.45 or 7.62 and so on, not only .50. As I saw, thorso shots tend to be more painful than limb ones. Sometimes reaction is delayed though, so man walks and shoots and then drops down.

So mod makes armor and combat drugs much more useful. No more average humans running with a dozen shots.
And traits like Wimp and Tough make much more sense.

XeoNovaDan

Razzoriel

Quote from: XeoNovaDan on June 10, 2017, 09:37:28 AM
OK, I'll take what I said back then.
This mod is meant to be a more realistic approach at combat. Realistic isn't the same as balanced. If someone made a realistic mod which implemented .50 BMG mounted automatic machine guns, and a tribal raid was about to happen, that little machine gun could singlehandedly kill 90% of the raid, because realistically, someone with minimal training can operate that beast and kill/incapacitate dozens, if not hundreds of men charging at a spot with clubs, spears and bows, before they even got to their desired location to smack some heads.

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: Razzoriel on June 10, 2017, 01:56:40 PM
This mod is meant to be a more realistic approach at combat. Realistic isn't the same as balanced.

There is a reason this mod isn't called Combat Realism anymore. Its not designed to be realistic for realism's sake, its designed to be realistic in areas where realism enhances gameplay.

The reason shotguns and SMG's are set to be as lethal as they are is to reward players for getting close-range flanks with those weapons and punish them for letting enemies do the same. If you need 10 bursts to do any significant damage with an SMG your opponent will have moved far away by that time or gotten a lucky headshot or whatever, gameplay moves away from tactics and towards killboxing and trap spam.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

XeoNovaDan

Pretty neat stuff though!

I'm currently having a shot at converting a weapon or two from my weapon mod to CE format, and I'm enjoying the spreadsheet very much. Brilliant touch of QoL going on here, thank you!

It'd be nice if tribal weapons were thrown on the sheet too, because some weapons from some packs may delve into that region like mine does

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: XeoNovaDan on June 10, 2017, 02:41:05 PM
It'd be nice if tribal weapons were thrown on the sheet too, because some weapons from some packs may delve into that region like mine does

I wouldn't mind including neolithic weapons but unfortunately the guy who used to do our formulas hasn't been around for months and nobody currently on the team is that great at making those.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

TA1980

Dear NoImageAvailable,

thank you for making this happen! (Having followed and played the development versions of this, I wonder what happened to the different painkillers, and what weapon mods except your own do you recommend (there are some calibres I cannot attribute to any weapons, e.g. .22 - possibly meant for the varmint rifle from the Rimfire-mod)?

Regards

AseaHeru

Ah, good, Ive been waiting for ammunition to use.

Falkirk

Is there a way to split stacks of ammo? I seem to only be able to pick up one, or all, making sharing very tedious

MrWeeGee

Awesome work with the mod, was so much more than I anticipated. The animated ducking/cover adds an entertaining level to combat, and their behavior in fights is a great add too.

I have a rather nasty bug that's happening to me though. Ever since I started my new game, my handlers have been getting "10 jobs in 10 ticks" errors that just loop endlessly when they try to pick up food to tame. I found the same issue on the Github, but it was closed back in April. I've added any information I had to it. My modlist is also in the Pastebin, but I don't think they'd give any compatibility issues.

Thanks again for everyone who put the time in keeping this alive.

XeoNovaDan

This is quite a serious one here: I tried making one of the weapons from my weapon mod (which I promptly isolated as a separate standalone mod for the exact experimentation purposes) compatible with CE using the XML-patch method as shown on the guide to making weapon mods compatible with this mod, following the example as a baseline - but my log gets flooded with red error messages.

From what I've gathered, the actual Patch Operation classes mentioned in the CE XML-patching section don't even exist.

Load order is as follows:
- Core
- Combat Extended
- Repeater Rifle (the gun mod)
- Repeater Rifle CE (CE patch)

I've attached a ZIP file containing the output log, the standalone weapon, and the CE patch.

It may also be noteworthy that I did add an ammo type too.

Edit: I've reported this on GitHub too

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]