[1.0] Combat Extended - 1.8.2 CE Melee released (17.11.2019)

Started by NoImageAvailable, June 09, 2017, 04:13:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IHateRegistering

So how'd one make a patch for alien races? Non-standard pawns give error messages when they're spawned in, something about their bodies not playing nice with CE. Also you'd need to give them the correct ammo spawns I suppose, because they don't spawn with any.

Stinkycat752

NIA, how DARE you use out of date drawings!
Quickly, take these 3 I managed to do before you ruin my non-existent reputation.

Also you can shoot me messages and things if ye be needing more, I got loads of junk I'll never use or likely see used

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]
Abomination Imagination

Fregrant

Quote from: IHateRegistering on June 13, 2017, 11:01:02 PM
So how'd one make a patch for alien races? Non-standard pawns give error messages when they're spawned in, something about their bodies not playing nice with CE.
I believe I got it. Here the patch, take a look. Replace mod name, race name, body shape, trim abundant nodes and voila.

IHateRegistering

Quote from: Fregrant on June 14, 2017, 04:10:18 AM

I believe I got it. Here the patch, take a look. Replace mod name, race name, body shape, trim abundant nodes and voila.
Thanks, but do you think playable pawns also work with that patch method? There's a whole bunch of things missing for races like the Orassans, Bee people or that Star Wars race when you run them alongside CE, like they don't have commands for the aiming and firing modes. They also don't automatically pick up ammo and I'm sure there's even more.

NoImageAvailable

"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

SaerdnaLessah

I have a question about the 12 gauge EMP shells. I seem to recall that in Combat Realism they actually did damage to Mechanoids ontop of the stun effect but now they merely seems to ricochet off (applying the stun but no damage; they are listed as having an armour penetration of 0%?).

Is this the expected behaviour?

AllenWL

IIRC, EMP shells does electric damage, which should ignore armor. Though, that was in CR, so not sure it would be the same in CE, but I see no reason it should be changed, so...

That said, is there a way to check if a thing is two-handed beforehand? I was planning to have some pawns armed with shields and javelins, but found that that javelins are two-handed weapons. Which was kinda odd to me, but I guess it's a balance thing or something?

Jan2607

Could someone please help me to make the MAIs from Haplo's Misc. MAI mod compatible?
Currently they don't seem to crate errors -unless you equip them with guns, because they don't use the loadout system.

JadedApprentince

Can we see some new SMGs for our colonists please?
I know we have a few, but some new ones would really be great to add to this mod.
Something like the UMP (9mm and/or .45 ACP), P90, MP5/MP7, etc. would be cool to see added into the CE Guns mod.

I'll try to get some pictures done whenever I can and provide those here unless someone does before me. Also some of the outlines of some weapons you provide are a little big, so might want to fix that in my opinion.
Mods I've made:
Combat Extended Artillery :  https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=33979.0

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: AllenWL on June 14, 2017, 12:37:00 PM
IIRC, EMP shells does electric damage, which should ignore armor. Though, that was in CR, so not sure it would be the same in CE, but I see no reason it should be changed, so...

EMP shells should still do electrical damage. There might be some issues with recent refactors to the armor system, will look into it.

QuoteThat said, is there a way to check if a thing is two-handed beforehand? I was planning to have some pawns armed with shields and javelins, but found that that javelins are two-handed weapons. Which was kinda odd to me, but I guess it's a balance thing or something?

Adding one-handedness to the description sounds like a good idea, I'll see if I can cram it into the 1.2 update. As for the javelins, the balance reason for keeping them two-handed is because I forgot to tag them. Will be fixed in 1.2 as well.

Quote from: Jan2607 on June 14, 2017, 05:02:05 PM
Could someone please help me to make the MAIs from Haplo's Misc. MAI mod compatible?
Currently they don't seem to crate errors -unless you equip them with guns, because they don't use the loadout system.

Check the compatibility section of the OP, it links to a guide on making pawns CE compatible.

Quote from: JadedApprentince on June 14, 2017, 05:08:24 PM
Can we see some new SMGs for our colonists please?
I know we have a few, but some new ones would really be great to add to this mod.
Something like the UMP (9mm and/or .45 ACP), P90, MP5/MP7, etc. would be cool to see added into the CE Guns mod.

I'll try to get some pictures done whenever I can and provide those here unless someone does before me. Also some of the outlines of some weapons you provide are a little big, so might want to fix that in my opinion.

Since stinky is back he's offered some more sprites for inclusion in CE Guns. Next update will have a 9mm pistol and .45 ACP SMG among other things. I probably won't add too much more because I'm trying to keep the weapon count as low as possible. The intent with CE Guns is to fill niches created by CE mechanics without the gun clutter you get with other weapon mods, not to add as many guns as possible.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

TA1980

Dear NoImageAvailable,

thank you for making this happen! (Having followed and played the development versions of this, I wonder what happened to the different painkillers, and what weapon mods except your own do you recommend (there are some calibres I cannot attribute to any weapons, e.g. .22 - possibly meant for the varmint rifle from the Rimfire-mod)?

Regards

Jan2607

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on June 14, 2017, 06:09:52 PM

Check the compatibility section of the OP, it links to a guide on making pawns CE compatible.

Yes, I did. Because I don't have any experience in modding or coding, I tried to understand what to do with that guide and your code, but it seems, I am totally missing something. The patch I made gave me a lot of red errors when I launched the game.
Maybe someone could look at it? The patch is attached to my post.

This is the error log I got, when I launched the game:

https://gist.github.com/c3007234a717b408aaf237ae41ac32e1

Evelyn

Anyone else experiencing oddness where your hunters will shoot themselves, especially when hunting small-ish creatures? My hunters are content to waste a lot of ammo shooting at either the ground or their own bodies even when they're two feet away and the target is incapacitated. Or otherwise just... blowing their legs off while missing every other shot. Seems odd.

AllenWL

I found a bug. Raider's don't seem to switch between weapons.
A grenadier attacked my colony, and after throwing one grenade, proceeded to wander around doing nothing in particular with 14 other grenades in his inventory.

Also, when he threw the grenade, it landed on a wall, and when it blew up, half the sharpenal went through the wall and nearly killed a colonist. Surprisingly, the colonist only got hit with 3 pieces. Not sure if that's because he had a shield or because he hit the ground.

Also also, it seems that getting attacked doesn't reset a ranged pawn's attack, which I could have sworn it did before. I tried to stop a pirate with a doomsday rocket launcher by ambushing him with three pawns. All three where beating him with maces, and even stunned the pirate twice, but he still fired the rocket.

LustrousWolf

To add to the raiders and grenades thing, the raiders dont take into account that grenades produce shrapnel, the amount of times ive had raiders throwing grenades too close to themselves and giving themselves brain damage is unbelievable haha