[1.0] Combat Extended - 1.8.2 CE Melee released (17.11.2019)

Started by NoImageAvailable, June 09, 2017, 04:13:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: AllenWL on June 15, 2017, 11:57:46 AM
Also also, it seems that getting attacked doesn't reset a ranged pawn's attack, which I could have sworn it did before. I tried to stop a pirate with a doomsday rocket launcher by ambushing him with three pawns. All three where beating him with maces, and even stunned the pirate twice, but he still fired the rocket.

That's a vanilla feature I'm afraid.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

Jan2607

I noticed, there is no multibarrel weapons research anymore. Is that vanilla or a mod problem?

Awrawra

I can't craft any ammo. What am I doing wrong?  :-\

Evelyn

IHateRegistering

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on June 14, 2017, 06:30:08 AM
Wiki now contains instructions on how to make race mods CE-compatible. https://github.com/NoImageAvailable/CombatExtended/wiki/Making-animals-CE-compatible
So I tried making a patch for the Xenn race and it looks like this:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<Patch>

<Operation Class="CombatExtended.PatchOperationFindMod">
  <modName>Xenn Race A17</modName>
    </Operation>

<Operation Class="PatchOperationAddModExtension">
<xpath>*/ThingDef[defName="Alien_Xenn"]</xpath>
<value>
<li Class="CombatExtended.RacePropertiesExtensionCE">
<bodyShape>Humanoid</bodyShape>
</li>
</value>
</Operation>

<Operation Class="PatchOperationReplace">
<xpath>*/ThingDef[defName="Alien_Xenn"]/verbs</xpath>
<value>
<verbs>
  <li Class="CombatExtended.VerbPropertiesCE">
    <verbClass>CombatExtended.Verb_MeleeAttackCE</verbClass>
    <defaultCooldownTime>1.85</defaultCooldownTime>
    <meleeDamageBaseAmount>6</meleeDamageBaseAmount>
    <meleeDamageDef>Blunt</meleeDamageDef>
    <linkedBodyPartsGroup>LeftHand</linkedBodyPartsGroup>
    <meleeArmorPenetration>0.08</meleeArmorPenetration>
  </li>
  <li Class="CombatExtended.VerbPropertiesCE">
    <verbClass>CombatExtended.Verb_MeleeAttackCE</verbClass>
    <defaultCooldownTime>1.85</defaultCooldownTime>
    <meleeDamageBaseAmount>6</meleeDamageBaseAmount>
    <meleeDamageDef>Blunt</meleeDamageDef>
    <linkedBodyPartsGroup>RightHand</linkedBodyPartsGroup>
    <meleeArmorPenetration>0.08</meleeArmorPenetration>
  </li>
</verbs>
</value>
</Operation>

<Operation Class="PatchOperationAdd">
<xpath>*/ThingDef[defName="Alien_Xenn"]/comps</xpath>
<value>
<li>
  <compClass>CombatExtended.CompPawnGizmo</compClass>
</li>
<li Class="CombatExtended.CompProperties_Suppressable" />
</value>
</Operation>

</Patch>

But all I get when I start up the game is this:
[Combat Extended] Patch operation Verse.PatchOperationAddModExtension(*/ThingDef[defName="Alien_Xenn"]) failed
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.PatchOperation:Complete(String)
Verse.LoadedModManager:LoadAllActiveMods()
Verse.PlayDataLoader:DoPlayLoad()
Verse.PlayDataLoader:LoadAllPlayData(Boolean)
Verse.Root:<Start>m__84E()
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action)
Verse.LongEventHandler:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>m__84C()

Has this something to do with the alien framework that's required for those race mods or did I fuck up somewhere?

€dit says: changing ThingDef[defName="Alien_Xenn"] to AlienRace.ThingDef_AlienRace[defName="Alien_Xenn"] has fixed two of the three errors. The Xenn now seem to use the body definitions from CE but the part where it should patch the interface still doesn't work. It spews out the same error as above, and any Xenn spawned spawns without extra ammo.

IHateRegistering

Sorry for the double post but I think I got it. Making any other alien race that uses the alien framework compatible with CE should only be a matter of replacing the thingdef, i.e. instead of Alien_Xenn it would be Alien_Orassan, Alien_Asari or whatever they're called.

This only makes the bodies compatible with CE and enables the race to use the UI options like the fire and aiming modes, this doesn't affect the faction, the loadouts or the weapons however.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

Vaulter69

Greetings i would like to know if a guide/wiki about all these mod's features is hosted somewhere?

i'm kinda confused why my pawn is always 6-10 blocks away from the animal it's hunting despite his weapon having 100+ range.

Awrawra

Quote from: Evelyn on June 15, 2017, 09:40:24 PM
You'll need to provide more info than that.

Well, I don't know what infos I need to provide to be honest, but basically, when I try to order a bill on loading bench, there is nothing to craft. Even on machining table. Also, if I go to dev's mod, there are no ammo I can spawn. The ammo is attached to the weapon, and I can't drop it too...

I have many other mods, but I don't know what exactly is conflicting...

IHateRegistering

Well, I'm digging a bit deeper into making alien races compatible with CE but I've run into the next problem: Normally the left and right clavicle are part of the torso, CE makes them a part of the shoulders. When creating a patch for the different coverage CE uses, the dev console displays exactly that error, it can't patch the clavicle as part of the shoulder because the clavicle is still part of the torso for any race that wasn't made with CE in mind. At least I think that this is the issue here.

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: Vaulter69 on June 15, 2017, 11:01:22 PM
i'm kinda confused why my pawn is always 6-10 blocks away from the animal it's hunting despite his weapon having 100+ range.

Because you're not going to hit a squirrel from 100+ range, only whatever hauler happened to pass through the same area while you're wasting ammo.

Quote from: IHateRegistering on June 16, 2017, 12:37:46 AM
Normally the left and right clavicle are part of the torso, CE makes them a part of the shoulders.

Vanilla does that, not CE. The mods you're using haven't been updated to A17 properly.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

IHateRegistering

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on June 16, 2017, 01:49:12 AM

Vanilla does that, not CE. The mods you're using haven't been updated to A17 properly.
Thanks, man. I could fix the issue on my end without much trouble, but any kind of patch that works out of the box would require the authors of the race mods to update the body model to A17 then. Well that's that then, I guess.

Evelyn

Hunters can barely hit what they're shooting at as-is at 6-10 blocks.

JadedApprentince

Quote from: Evelyn on June 16, 2017, 02:31:45 AM
Hunters can barely hit what they're shooting at as-is at 6-10 blocks.
I have this same issue too, a colonist with the assault rifle (M16/AR-15) can hit targets decently at hunting range, but as soon as the target is incapacitated, they will miss 75% of their shots when they're right next to the target, sometimes even shooting themselves when an animal is next to them/on the same tile. I think that the targeting system is taking the cover/size factor(s) too far and will drastically reduce the ability for the target to get hit based on that/those factor(s). I also had this colonist with 18 shooting skill, and was using 3-round burst while taking aimed shots, so really I don't think this is right at all. This happens with smaller animals like boars and stuff, but even stuff like deer can have this happen, which really bugs me about hunting.
Mods I've made:
Combat Extended Artillery :  https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=33979.0

Awrawra

I think I found a incompatibility. I said before I couldn't craft any ammo. Then, I removed all the mods I have, and gradually added them back. Until I add the mod Mechanoid Tech, I had no problem. After add it, I can't craft ammo anymore.

The mod I'm saying is at http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=934749176

Jan2607

So, again regarding my issue with the missing multi barrel weapon research. Did anybody notice it, too, or is it just me?
I want to craft miniguns :(