[1.0] Combat Extended - 1.8.2 CE Melee released (17.11.2019)

Started by NoImageAvailable, June 09, 2017, 04:13:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rambo

Mate can you make the throwable stuff like the frags be thrown a little further because they throw the frags and the fragments just shred the thrower so consider buffing them by increasing the range I cant use them in battle the are useless

Alistaire

At the same time consider that if you were to throw a grenade in the open field, the fragments would hit you which is why grenades are used in close quarters or combat surrounding obstructions such that the thrower is protected from fragments.

rambo

I know. In real life the frags take longer to explode ( 5 sec timer), you could run away from it (but in the game the colonist just stands for a bit then he starts "running") and also in real life they can be tossed way further than in the game. So the ways to make it more useful is to give it a longer timer so he has a chance to run away or giving it a bigger throw range

PreDiabetic

I have couple of suggestions (not requests of course) if you hear me.

1. Option to unload non-equipped weapons (right click -unload weapons)
Because in early game it's hard to find ammo and it's tedious to equip unload drop both ammo and weapon, rinse and repeat for each weapon.

2. Show ammo on left side as category. (I wanna know how much FMJ for M60 in stockpile quickly instead of checking each stack.)

3. Ammo on weapons drop on Smelting weapons instead of consuming ammo with them.(I mean magazine)

4. Jamming mechanic (if it exists I haven't see so far) on weapons lower quality.

TrashMan

QuoteCritical hits produce different effects depending on the source of the attack: blunt weapons will stun the opponent, sharp weapons bypass all enemy armor and animals cause knockdown.

Shouldn't it be the other way around?
In melee, blunt weapons are considered anti-armor weapons (impact shock), while slashing weapons cause nasty bleeding injuries.
Slashing weapons don't ignore heavy armor - they are TERRIBLE against it. Piercing is somewhat more effective, but not much (it doesn't cause as nasty wounds though)

IHateRegistering

Quote from: TrashMan on June 21, 2017, 03:28:11 PM
QuoteCritical hits produce different effects depending on the source of the attack: blunt weapons will stun the opponent, sharp weapons bypass all enemy armor and animals cause knockdown.

In melee, blunt weapons are considered anti-armor weapons (impact shock), while slashing weapons cause nasty bleeding injuries.
Slashing weapons don't ignore heavy armor - they are TERRIBLE against it. Piercing is somewhat more effective, but not much (it doesn't cause as nasty wounds though)
I don't think critical hits with slashing weapons are meant to cut through armor, rather that you manage to hit a weakspot, i.e. where there is no armor, hence bypassing all of it.

Lord_Fancypantaloons

Quote from: IHateRegistering on June 21, 2017, 03:42:57 PM
Quote from: TrashMan on June 21, 2017, 03:28:11 PM

I don't think critical hits with slashing weapons are meant to cut through armor, rather that you manage to hit a weakspot, i.e. where there is no armor, hence bypassing all of it.

If you manage to bypass a legendary set of armour I'd be very surprised. Maces should be the real anti-armour weapon, as they were in RL, and cutting weapons should not have this magical property of cutting through layers upon layers of armour specifically made to be cut resistant! Blunt weapons would literally be there for flavour, rather than actual effectiveness.

Lord_Fancypantaloons

Make soldiers throwing grenades auto-pin themselves so they don't get their eyeballs shredded with fragments.

Also make an option to make your soldiers take cover more frequently/ at player command, and, if possible, add an option that allows the player to set how much a pawn can be shot at before he ducks into cover.

Tanelorn

Suggestion: Until you can make a gunsmithing bench you are severely handicapped in getting the ammo you need. Very few traders and visitors can buy / sell ammunition. Please update and expand the opportunities to buy / sell ammunition.

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: IHateRegistering on June 21, 2017, 03:42:57 PM

Pretty much this. For example historical longswords had their tips designed specifically to fit through the rings of a chainmail shirt, at least to some extend. When used against people in plate armor fighters would aim for the gaps at the joints where there was no plate coverage, they didn't just bash the plate the way you'd do it with a mace. So a critical hit is supposed to represent hitting such a gap.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

Tanelorn

Regarding hunting: There are major issues with hunting as the hunters shoot from max range and have a near impossible time hitting the animals (especially small animals). Is there any way to make hunting take place at shorter ranges, or choose to fire only if there's a 50% or better chance to hit?

Alistaire

Quote from: Tanelorn on June 22, 2017, 04:37:14 AM
Regarding hunting: There are major issues with hunting as the hunters shoot from max range and have a near impossible time hitting the animals (especially small animals). Is there any way to make hunting take place at shorter ranges, or choose to fire only if there's a 50% or better chance to hit?

This should not be the case. For small animals, hunters should get maybe five tiles away from the hunted animal and for larger ones a maximum of 20 tiles or max range if it is below 20 tiles.

NoImageAvailable

UPDATE: v1.2 released

Version 1.2 was released on GitHub with tons of balance changes, bug fixes and QoL improvements. See the full changelog on GitHub.

Note that CE Guns has moved to its own repo, with the 1.2 version available here.

So far only the GitHub download has been updated, Steam release will follow soon.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

Tanelorn

Great to see the updates, great changes.

Regarding javelins  their bulk is so high that you can't carry enough to be effective. Please consider reducing that.

I also have similar issue with the bolt action rifle, which uses of nearly all of your bulk capacity.  Makes it very hard for hunters.

Tanelorn

WOAH! Shortbows require 25 steel and 2 components?!?!? Longbows have similar requirements. Is this the CE recipe or do I have some rogue mod doing this??