[1.0] Combat Extended - 1.8.2 CE Melee released (17.11.2019)

Started by NoImageAvailable, June 09, 2017, 04:13:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NoImageAvailable

UPDATE: v1.3 released

Version 1.3 was released on GitHub with some minor balance changes. This is mostly a utility update to add a compatibility patch between CE and Zombieland, graciously provided by Pardeike. It also adds a French and updated Korean translation, courtesy of Boundir and AwesomeDOWD respectively.

The full changelog on GitHub.

ATTENTION STEAM USERS

As the guy in charge of maintaining our Steam release has been busy these past few days the Steam release unfortunately still has the 1.1 version. We will update it as soon as we can, until then updates will unfortunately only be available via direct download.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

JT

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on June 24, 2017, 02:15:26 PM
UPDATE: v1.3 released

Just FYI that your link there is pointing to the 1.2 release.

Might be better just to link generically to the releases page instead -- that way the most recent release will be contemporary even if someone discovers this in an archaeological dig. =)

Demon of War

Here's patch that I made for MAI.
Feel free to include this in your mod.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

rambo

when I go on records the shots fired stat shows 0 but I have seen him shoot plz fix

Facepunch

Frug

If I select a visiting pawn and go into their gear tab, I can cause them to drop items from their inventory by clicking the drop button. This only works when they've walked into my home zone and been marked as guests, and only works on items in their inventory and not on items they have equipped. Have not tried this with the Hospitality mod disabled, and it is not game-breaking, but the temptation can be hard to resist at times.

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: Frug on June 28, 2017, 12:28:34 AM
If I select a visiting pawn and go into their gear tab, I can cause them to drop items from their inventory by clicking the drop button. This only works when they've walked into my home zone and been marked as guests, and only works on items in their inventory and not on items they have equipped. Have not tried this with the Hospitality mod disabled, and it is not game-breaking, but the temptation can be hard to resist at times.

Its a Hospitality issue, not related to CE.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

Frug

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on June 28, 2017, 03:26:34 AM
Quote from: Frug on June 28, 2017, 12:28:34 AM

Its a Hospitality issue, not related to CE.

Suspected as much, thanks.

Muffalo Wool

lol i accidentally angered a thrumbo and it destroyed the tribal caravan passing by because it's armor was unpenetrable by their weapons. If this is intended then thrumbos are a lot more op now i'm just saying

Frettzo

Quote from: Muffalo Wool on June 28, 2017, 10:05:40 AM
lol i accidentally angered a thrumbo and it destroyed the tribal caravan passing by because it's armor was unpenetrable by their weapons. If this is intended then thrumbos are a lot more op now i'm just saying

There are a couple things that have become much more powerful. Both thrumbos and mechanoids are big examples, you just gotta be that much more careful nowadays hahha

Adalah217

Just to bring up the grenade issue again: it's impossible to avoid being hit by fragments from a frag grenade in an open field in the game, and it's been established that is on purpose. But even in cover, I am still being hit by fragments because of the timer cooldown after throwing the grenade. The colonist is still looking at the damn thing after throwing it.

Suggestion: decrease the weapon cooldown from grenades (which might result in AI that just spams grenades; kinda funny if that's what happens, but I guess a guy running into battle with only grenades might do just that).
Or: decrease the amount of shrapnel, increase the distance thrown, increase time taken after being thrown to explode.

As it is, there's no point to frag grenades IMO. I've not been in a situation where it would be useful in battle.

Edit: after some quick testing, it's possible to avoid the fragments behind solid walls thrown directly straight ahead. I was behind smaller cover, like trees etc. Still feels wrong though.

Alistaire

Quote from: Adalah217 on June 28, 2017, 01:47:43 PM
Just to bring up the grenade issue again: it's impossible to avoid being hit by fragments from a frag grenade in an open field in the game, and it's been established that is on purpose. But even in cover, I am still being hit by fragments because of the timer cooldown after throwing the grenade. The colonist is still looking at the damn thing after throwing it.

Suggestion: decrease the weapon cooldown from grenades (which might result in AI that just spams grenades; kinda funny if that's what happens, but I guess a guy running into battle with only grenades might do just that).
Or: decrease the amount of shrapnel, increase the distance thrown, increase time taken after being thrown to explode.

As it is, there's no point to frag grenades IMO. I've not been in a situation where it would be useful in battle.

Edit: after some quick testing, it's possible to avoid the fragments behind solid walls thrown directly straight ahead. I was behind smaller cover, like trees etc. Still feels wrong though.

Fragment range has been nerfed in CE 1.2 and minimum distance has been added in CE 1.3. Are you sure you are using the latest CE version?

Knight85

So I had a poorly skilled colonist with the pistol attempt to engage a rabbit. Obviously given the rabbit's small size he missed, but not only did he miss, but he ended up shooting himself in the pelvis. Is this intended?

XeoNovaDan

Quote from: Knight85 on June 28, 2017, 11:20:56 PM
he ended up shooting himself in the pelvis. Is this intended?

IIRC this bug was fixed in v1.2, but the Steam version is still v1.1. If you want to be up-to-date with Combat Extended, you'll need to directly download it.