[1.0] Combat Extended - 1.8.2 CE Melee released (17.11.2019)

Started by NoImageAvailable, June 09, 2017, 04:13:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sp0nge

In Slingbullet.xml the defname seems to be wrong, its MakeSlingBullet instead of MakeAmmo_SlingBullet. It has however been pushed on github on Dan i noticed :)

NoImageAvailable

UPDATE: v1.4a released

Hotfix for the VFWE patch to make it compatible with latest VFWE version. No other changes so if you're not using VFWE you don't need this update.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

gajop

I have a lot of issues with Combat Extended. To give some examples:
https://pastebin.com/WKfBCfXe
https://pastebin.com/d9A5XqRA
+ Game randomly crashing without leaving anything in the log (https://pastebin.com/rTZ7rFWx)

It of course might be some other mod, but I've no idea how to find out.

Sp0nge

Got any mods that adds any factions or animals? Ive had a similar issue, and in my case its been that those mods werent compatible with CE

gajop

Quote from: Sp0nge on July 10, 2017, 03:49:14 PM
Got any mods that adds any factions or animals? Ive had a similar issue, and in my case its been that those mods werent compatible with CE
Animal mods:
- Shibainu
- CK -Tropical Animal and Plant Pack
"Faction" mods:
- Faction Discovery

I removed all of that, and some other stuff, but it's still crashing. I don't want to play with no other mods, so I'll wait until a dev can suggest which of the mods below might be causing issues:

Loading game from file Flowerville (Permadeath) with mods Core, HugsLib, Combat Extended, Combat Extended Guns, Allow Tool, New Zone Tools, Medical Tab, Stack Merger, Fluffy Breakdowns, Miniaturisation, Conduit Deconstruct, QualityBuilder, QualitySurgeon, Cooks Can Refuel, Hand Me That Brick, I Can Fix It!, Plant Cutting is for Growers!, Number 22 with Rice, Mad Skills, Set-Up Camp, RimSearch, Wildlife Tab, ResearchPal, Moody, AllowDeadMansApparel, Hunting Alert, Realistic Darkness Lighter Version V3.0 A17, Hospitality, Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering 2.0, Psychology, Expanded Incidents, EdB Prepare Carefully, Dubs Hygiene and Central Heating, A Dog Said..., [T] MoreFloors, Xeva's Rimhair (A15, A16, A17), Spoons Hair Mod, [T] ExpandedCrops, Miscellaneous 'CORE', Misc. Training, Misc. Incidents, tatami, LT-DoorMat, Ofuton, fusuma plus, ishidourou plus, Bonsaiplus, iroriplus, Shibainu, RimFridge - A17, More Furniture (A17), Pawns Paint!, Additional Joy Objects, Hand 'n' Footwear, Efficient Light, Fences And Floors, ConcreteWalls, MiningCo. MiningHelmet, MiningCo. MMS, [A17] Trading Spot, Apparello 2, Water Power, Dubs Skylight, Roof Support A17, Dog Bowl, Power Logic, Temperature Tolerant, SeedsPlease, Vegetable Garden , Soybeans, WorkFlex, CK -Tropical Animal and Plant Pack, Patient Sanity, Modular Tables, FriendNameBank, Corrected WorkGivers, Clutter Structures, Clutter Furniture Module, Clutter Laser bolt-action, Clutter Weapon Hands, Children and Pregnancy - Testing v0.2D, Old Gods - Music, [RF] Basic Bridges (and Fishing) [a17], Time-of-Day Switches, Faction Discovery, SeedsPleaseAddonVG, SeedsPleaseAddonExpandedCrops, SeedsPleaseAddonSoyBeans, and "ADS - CK-APP" Compatibility Patch

Aronnekick

Is it possible when choosing a loadout to put the minimum deterioration % of the gun my pawn has to take?

Superlagg

Quote from: Superlagg on July 08, 2017, 03:01:29 PM
I threw together a patch to make some of the furry races be compatible with CE.

Included:

Just move all the folders in the attached rar into the Patches folder of this mod. If you've installed CE through the workshop, I think you'll have to go digging in the workshop folder to find it. Might be in folder 960196012, but I haven't checked. Super easy to find if you installed it manually, it'll be in your Mods folder.

Note that this patch patches only the pawns (and that orassan monkey thing) to be able to work with CE: They can use the inventory thing, have firemode buttons, be suppressed, get shot and die, those fun things. It does not alter their equipment, so any guns, armor, hats, and whatnot will still be more or less "vanilla".

Bear with me, this is the first "mod" I've ever "made". I've tested it as far as making sure all the races work, but it's far from finished.

...patching all those cat guns is gonna be interesting. Really gotta figure out how to work them into CE's system. Maybe I'll start by learning how to actually patch it!

And it *was* interesting!

In addition to the above, I've added some compatibility patches to those races' guns and equipment:

• All of the Orassan guns now work with CE and have their own new (placeholder-y) ammo types.
  • The cryolauncher is a gruesome hack until I can figure out how to make the thing it shoots do the thing it should.
  • The Orassan cat suit and Xenn Powerdusters now have armor values and technically work.
  • The Racc pistol and Xenn Hot/Cold guns work more or less.

It's all super rough and bound to be a buggy, unbalanced mess, but that's what patches and playtesting is for. Also note that none of the scenarios or pawnkind loadouts have been changed, which means that any of the new races' raids and new games are going to be without ammo I think.

Download: Dropbox!

Just extract the rar into your mods folder, everything should go where it's supposed to go if you installed CE in there. Dunno how to install it with a Workshop installation of CE.

Enjoy!

Sp0nge

Why not use github for those patches? That way others can contribute aswell towards balancing etc. And when the "product" is final its possible to submit it through there?

Im currently working on Weapon Tech A17 and Animal Collab Project (just started) and people are encouraged to throw in commits to it

https://github.com/Sp0nge

Superlagg

Quote from: Sp0nge on July 11, 2017, 05:59:04 PM
Why not use github for those patches? That way others can contribute aswell towards balancing etc. And when the "product" is final its possible to submit it through there?

Im currently working on Weapon Tech A17 and Animal Collab Project (just started) and people are encouraged to throw in commits to it

https://github.com/Sp0nge

Not a bad idea! I'll git it up there once I figure out git.

Sp0nge

Ive taken the liberty to push this to my github, feel free to connect to it. I can be contacted on the Rimworld Dirscord if anyone needs to get in touch with me :)

Akrakorn

It seems CE and Rikki's force field mod are incompatible, as the bullets just go through the force field. Is there a way to make them compatible?

Epishade

Posted this on the steam mod page that SkullyWag uploaded, but I'll post it here too.

Is there any expected change for decreasing the amount of bullets made from the loading bench? Imo making 500 bullets for the bolt action for just 21 steel means I can go for years without having to worry about making more, and defeats the purpose of having bullets in the first place since you don't need to be stingy with your ammo anymore after making it just once. 200 buckshot is 17 steel and 500 bullets of .45 acp is 11! I think that there should be a much higher steel usage to bullet ratio to balance out bullet-making imo so you're not always rich with ammunition after the loading bench.

There was a thread on the previous 1.3 CE mod that SkullyWag also uploaded on steam about this same issue, and they suggested possibly using FSX cannisters in conjunction with steel to create bullets.  I think that would be a great way to make ammo creation more significant.

Any feedback?