[1.0] Combat Extended - 1.8.2 CE Melee released (17.11.2019)

Started by NoImageAvailable, June 09, 2017, 04:13:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pupun2542

How to reload auto turret???
I try right click but it now has any window open and I very sure I use 5.56 ammo

Tanelorn

Quote from: hawerz on July 22, 2017, 11:50:29 AM
Quote from: NoImageAvailable on July 21, 2017, 04:33:18 PM
The can't do hauling job message isn't a bug, its there to let you know your tamer can't do his job cause you filled his inventory with junk. They need to pick up a certain amount of food before they'll do taming and they won't go over the mass/bulk limits for it. If you're having problems try giving them a tactical vest or backpack or alternatively drop some ammo from their inventory. If you're using the auto-equip ammo option they'll usually fill up on ammo automatically, try using a loadout to prevent that.

In the tests I've done, bulk doesn't matter, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't, sometimes the pawn is carying only the gun, ammo and 1 packaged meal, and can't go taming, next time he is also carying berries, and still he goes pick up meat and goes taming an animal.

In my opinion the bulk values for rifles, spears, etc. are too high. I give a pawn a rifle, knife, and ammo, plus clothing and the bulk is almost maxxed. Think about a roman legionaire with his shield, sword, 3 pila, and other accessories all without a backpack. That's not possible in CE. In tribal this is especially difficult as you can't make backpacks and tactical vests for some time.

MoronicCinamun

Hello,

Let me start with I'm LOVING the mod so far, also using the CE: guns.

I think I've found a bug, I will admit I didn't read through all the pages here I just skimmed. 14.5mm APIs don't seem to be igniting anything. Maybe I'm just exceedingly unlucky because the description does say "chance to light the target", but I haven't noticed it yet, against many many humans and a few elephants. I can confirm they are taking burn damage however, so I guess it still "works" as a more interesting AP.

Not bug related feedback: the ability to manage inventories on a caravan are kind of bad. I assume it's totally not your fault, hell it might not even be possible without significant UI overalls (which I hear are hard to do), just 1 weapon + clothing +vest +backpack fills up the entire bar. Still, I found out the hard way you have to make sure your colonists have full load-outs before even starting to form the caravan, rather than my usual "oh we might need APs let's just have the animals carry that". If you get attacked and get charged, you won't have time to do all that management.

As for what may be a genuine caravan related bug: a colonist with a loadout specifying RPD + ammo was trying to grab the ammo directly form a pack animal, but it didn't work, she would just hug the muffalo, following it presumably forever. I ended up solving it just by dropping the ammo from the beast, so she picked it off the ground. Still, might be worth a look, such micromanagement gets harder as you get more peeps in bigger combats.

But yea, excellent mod.  You have made me play Rimworld again, and now I'm playing it hours every day. Keep up the good work!

Jexa

Ive discovered a problem , started up a new colony no problems no lag etc , i get ammo and decide to make a loadout and my game starts stuttering and lagging , help pls

rambo

how do i stop colonists from taking meals in their inventory

Saint Lucifer

Sorry i'm a bit new to the modding thing, so i have 3 questions please:

-As for the compatibility thing, i have "EPOE", "Simple Sidearms" and "Aparello 2" on my mods, do i need to download a patch file or something for then or i just place CE and CE guns on the top of the list before then, and it will work automatically?

-I'm using FashionRIMsta that isn't on the compatibility list, will i get a bug or any sort of issue because of it?

-Also about compatibility, is there any known issue about "A dog said" mod? Since it adds prosthetic and bionic parts for the colony pets.

Boundir

Quote from: Saint Lucifer on July 25, 2017, 01:56:37 PM
Sorry i'm a bit new to the modding thing, so i have 3 questions please:

-As for the compatibility thing, i have "EPOE", "Simple Sidearms" and "Aparello 2" on my mods, do i need to download a patch file or something for then or i just place CE and CE guns on the top of the list before then, and it will work automatically?

-I'm using FashionRIMsta that isn't on the compatibility list, will i get a bug or any sort of issue because of it?

-Also about compatibility, is there any known issue about "A dog said" mod? Since it adds prosthetic and bionic parts for the colony pets.

• CE includes patches for EPOE and Apparello. Simple Sidearms has been made compatible with CE as far as I know.
  • If I read the patch correctly, what have been done with Apparello was to add bulk to apparels. There should be any bug but FashionRIMsta stuff won't have bulk
  • CE doesn't touch parts to animals so you shouldn't have problem with that either.

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: MoronicCinamun on July 24, 2017, 08:00:13 AM
As for what may be a genuine caravan related bug

We noticed the caravan NRE before and it was supposed to be fixed several versions ago. You're not using an old version by any chance? Otherwise we'll have to look into it again.

Quote from: Saint Lucifer on July 25, 2017, 01:56:37 PM
Also about compatibility, is there any known issue about "A dog said" mod? Since it adds prosthetic and bionic parts for the colony pets.

It would have the same problem as any mod adding bionics, which is the melee system won't work with any newly added limbs properly. The Github Wiki has a guide on how to make natural attack verbs CE-compatible, the process is mostly the same for bionic parts.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

Saint Lucifer

Thanks for the answers NoImage and Boundir. Just finished with my current colony, so is time to see how long i will last with a more lethal combat experience on a new one.  :)

mathwizi2005

Could someone explain how bows.....cause suppression?

Alistaire

Quote from: mathwizi2005 on July 25, 2017, 08:32:23 PM
Could someone explain how bows.....cause suppression?

Wouldn't you duck or run if a volley of arrows passed very nearby where you're standing

SpaceDorf

Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Seven

Since load bearing gear count as clothing, is there some way to get around the lack of a quality flag for them in the outfit template configuration (and storage, though a second stockpile can take care of that)? If you for example tell a colonist to only wear legendary clothes, they will not equip backpacks/tac vests since they don't have a quality (or rather, they seem to have a hidden one; if you set the lower limit low enough, I'm guessing at "normal", they will be equipped). I tried adding them to the loadout template instead, but that just resulted in my colonist putting them unequipped in their inventory.

NoImageAvailable

UPDATE: v1.4c released

Added patch for A Dog Said, provided by Boundir. No other changes so if you don't use A Dog Said you don't need to update.

In other news I'll be taking a hiatus for a week or two, so won't be able to respond to any questions or work on pending pull requests until I get back.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

FurtherV

It would be nice if you could add compatibility for the Misc. MAI Mod. (Basically a craftable pawn which a special race)