[1.0] Combat Extended - 1.8.2 CE Melee released (17.11.2019)

Started by NoImageAvailable, June 09, 2017, 04:13:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: eskoONE on September 02, 2017, 07:52:14 PM
is it intended that after every time one of my pawns hunt an animal and kill it, they go back to refill their ammo cause i set his loadout to always carry 50 of em. this is quite annoying, especially when they travel across the map to do so. maybe i am doing something wrong or some has a workaround my problem.

Well, they should be hauling back their kill every time, so that shouldn't be that big of a deal.

SyberSmoke

Quote from: BlackSmokeDMax on September 02, 2017, 10:30:48 PM
is it intended that after every time one of my pawns hunt an animal and kill it, they go back to refill their ammo cause i set his loadout to always carry 50 of em. this is quite annoying, especially when they travel across the map to do so. maybe i am doing something wrong or some has a workaround my problem.

Well, they should be hauling back their kill every time, so that shouldn't be that big of a deal.

From what I have seen they do not.  The load outs appear to take priority over returning from the hunt with the kill.  At times I have had to babysit the pays to make sure they are doing what is needed.  Other wise they return and one other pawn goes running off to get the corpse...or it sit rotting.

TheWrongColonist

A somewhat different situation but i have set the colonists to carry 6 Herbal Medicines and when they treat the wounded prisoners they go and take the meds from the stockpile instead of using the ones on their inventory & refill their inventory later... The only use i see for this is Stabilize.

eskoONE

Quote from: SyberSmoke on September 03, 2017, 03:05:41 AM

From what I have seen they do not.  The load outs appear to take priority over returning from the hunt with the kill.  At times I have had to babysit the pays to make sure they are doing what is needed.  Other wise they return and one other pawn goes running off to get the corpse...or it sit rotting.

yea, this is what is happening. also i dont understand why they need to drop their weapon when auto switching from ranged to melee?

SyberSmoke

Quote from: eskoONE on September 03, 2017, 05:44:16 AM
Quote from: SyberSmoke on September 03, 2017, 03:05:41 AM

yea, this is what is happening. also i dont understand why they need to drop their weapon when auto switching from ranged to melee?

Well....normally pawns will not switch weapons so that sounds like you have "Simple Sidearms" installed also.  If I am right, there is an option in Simple Sidearms to turn off them dropping their weapon.  But it does not always work.

Ilya

I could have sworn that there was a version of this mod without the bullets not so long ago. What happened to it?

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: Ilya on September 05, 2017, 03:13:21 AM
I could have sworn that there was a version of this mod without the bullets not so long ago. What happened to it?

If you mean ammo, that's just a toggle in the mod options
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

MCreeper

How well this mod works with increased forest density mods?

Ilya

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on September 05, 2017, 05:17:03 AM
If you mean ammo, that's just a toggle in the mod options
The first thing I did when I saw that it wasn't a separate mod folder anymore was to go in the mod options to see if it was an option, and I didn't see anything. After reading your reply, I realized that it was because I forgot to turn the mod on after installing it. Embarrassing... Thank you, it's working now.

moonra

Is there any way to disable ammo being fired in all directions when it is damaged? I absolutely hate it, that's not how how that works at all.

Alistaire

Quote from: moonra on September 05, 2017, 12:57:37 PM
Is there any way to disable ammo being fired in all directions when it is damaged? I absolutely hate it, that's not how how that works at all.

I'm interested how you suggest damaged ammo should be handled.

Drusek

Ammo won't shoot without the barrel. I agree it shouldn't behave like that. If anything it should have 1 tile low damage explosion for standard ammo and maybe bigger for energy/explosive ammo.

moonra

Quote from: Drusek on September 05, 2017, 02:37:41 PM
Ammo won't shoot without the barrel. I agree it shouldn't behave like that. If anything it should have 1 tile low damage explosion for standard ammo and maybe bigger for energy/explosive ammo.

Couldn't have said it better. Here's a video from the great hickok45 if anyone doesn't know how bullets behave outside of a gun barrel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ad9e0mO8Q4

NoImageAvailable

UPDATE: v1.5 released

Various new features, balance and bug fixes. For the full changelog see the release page

CE Guns was updated to match the new release, so make sure you update it as well.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

Drusek

No fix for shields when having bionic arms? :(

Also if you are looking for features: unload weapons when smelting them or even have some job for unloading all weapons in storages/area.

And also thanks for working on the mod  ;D