[1.0] Combat Extended - 1.8.2 CE Melee released (17.11.2019)

Started by NoImageAvailable, June 09, 2017, 04:13:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luckspeare

Where'd they come from anyway?  (In the way they're portrayed in games.)  Doom I think?  Castle Wolfenstein 3D?  Or did they appear in stuff being carried by a single dude before that?

MajorDam

Quote from: Kori on September 28, 2017, 03:04:43 AM
The Patch for Rimfire sets the weight of the Mitrailleuse to 39kg, and I don't know how I am supposed to use that gun.  ???
Among my 20 colonists there is only one who can carry 44kg (rest is 40kg and below), and even if this guy carries nothing but the gun, he couldn't pick up the ammunition (one magazine is 10kg) anymore.

Is this an oversight or am I missing something?
Also the description still calls it a "light-weight multi-barrel machine gun" (Rimfire's original weight is 8kg..)

That's probably an error yes. The real name of the gun is obviously an M134. The "portable version" (lightweight mod) of the M134 weight around 20kg (without ammo). 39kg is the correct weight for those installed on vehicles.

Kori

Right, I forgot about the power armor!

Quote from: MajorDam on September 28, 2017, 11:23:47 PM
The "portable version" (lightweight mod) of the M134 weight around 20kg (without ammo).

That's perfect, because I've already changed the weight to 20kg yesterday!  :D
That way it is still the heaviest gun in the game and it still should be too much for weaker pawns, so even gameplay-wise that seems to be a good balance.

PS: found a small mistake. In the RF_Ranged_Modern.xml the defName of the Dragunov SVD is misplaced in the entry for the Deadeye rifle, giving the Dragunov the wrong stats and breaking compatibility of the Deadeye:

<!-- A N T I M A T E R I E L R I F L E S -->
<!-- ========== Armalite AR-50 ========== -->
<li Class="CombatExtended.PatchOperationMakeGunCECompatible">
<defName>RF_Gun_DragunovSVD</defName>

It should be <defName>RF_Gun_ARFifty</defName>

PPS: The Tac-50 (Weapons_CE_Guns.xml) is using <projectileDef>Bullet_762x54mmR_FMJ</projectileDef> instead of Bullet_50BMG_FMJ, making it extremely underpowered for an AMR (damage 19 instead of 46).

Sylph

The Patch for Rimfire sets the weight of the Mitrailleuse to 39kg, and I don't know how I am supposed to use that gun.  ???
Among my 20 colonists there is only one who can carry 44kg (rest is 40kg and below), and even if this guy carries nothing but the gun, he couldn't pick up the ammunition (one magazine is 10kg) anymore.

Also the description still calls it a "light-weight multi-barrel machine gun" (Rimfire's original weight is 8kg..)

That's probably an error yes. The real name of the gun is obviously an M134. The "portable version" (lightweight mod) of the M134 weight around 20kg (without ammo). 39kg is the correct weight for those installed on vehicles.

But that fired 5.56mm ammunition. The one modelled in Rimfire fires 7.62mm like the vehicle-mount original.

PreDiabetic

1: I wish this mod has "optional" file to scarce ammo like hell. Tried to edit myself but enemies still showed with 1000 ammo.

2: Need harder to make ammo. Require good amount research. Gunpowder, Cartridge, Bullet making then assemble on Assemble Bench. You first need steel (actually brass but in rim we don't have) for Cartridge Case but can have different Bullets (Bone Steel Plasteel etc)

3: Shotting skill should also be edited. 0 skill shouldn't even hit anything because they have no idea what gun is. You can start with 0 percent each rank of skill adds another 5 up to 100. percent accuracy. Of course health is also important. You can't hit even with Rank 20 shooting with both eyes blind. Actually I think breathing could have positive bonus if lowers.

4: I don't know if possible to lock weapons by Skill. It could do more harm than benefit to give weapons to unskilled pawns. I don't think anyone less than 5 shooting can actually use a minigun meaningfully

Parrying is awesome. Question; can pawn parry dodge attacks from behind?

MajorDam

Quote from: Sylph on September 29, 2017, 12:16:54 PM

But that fired 5.56mm ammunition. The one modelled in Rimfire fires 7.62mm like the vehicle-mount original.

I may be wrong but I think not. I've made a lot of researchs for my own mod in development  ;D
The 5.56x45mm NATO version is the XM214 Microgun and is even lighter (~15kg). There is some others 5.56 models existing but they do not looks like the textured one of Rimfire. To have an order of magnitude, an MG42 weight 11,5kg and it's not a very "light" LMG already. A portable version of the M134 (firing 7.62x51mm NATO) exist from what I read and weight around 20kg empty  :)

20Kg for a "portable" version of the minigun is already rediculously heavy and unpractical to operate, you are more like an turret on feet than anything else (that's why I choose to apply a huge StatsOffsets malus for MoveSpeed and WorkSpeedGlobal while equiped whith one of them in my mod)  ;D

Sylph

Quote from: MajorDam on September 29, 2017, 01:17:55 PM

I may be wrong but I think not. I've made a lot of researchs for my own mod in development  ;D
The 5.56x45mm NATO version is the XM214 Microgun and is even lighter (~15kg). There is some others 5.56 models existing but they do not looks like the textured one of Rimfire. To have an order of magnitude, an MG42 weight 11,5kg and it's not a very "light" LMG already. A portable version of the M134 (firing 7.62x51mm NATO) exist from what I read and weight around 20kg empty  :)

20Kg for a "portable" version of the minigun is already rediculously heavy and unpractical to operate, you are more like an turret on feet than anything else (that's why I choose to apply a huge StatsOffsets malus for MoveSpeed and WorkSpeedGlobal while equiped whith one of them in my mod)  ;D

Oh are you talking about this one? It's just under 20Kg.

QuoteThe M134D-H is in widespread use in both Crew Served and Fixed Forward applications.

Emphasis mine. ;)

MajorDam

Quote from: Sylph on September 29, 2017, 01:46:35 PM

QuoteThe M134D-H is in widespread use in both Crew Served and Fixed Forward applications.

Emphasis mine. ;)

That's probably that, yes  :)
39kg is the weight of the ones inclucing mounting devices (tripod or articulated arm fixed to vehicles) and are not designed to be portable by a soldier on its feet.

Eetere

Having a bug with the loadouts, nothing is showing up. The error that shows up when I open a loadout: https://pastebin.com/i1UUCsBn
This doesn't happen on a new game, but I have no idea why the game I'm doing right now would suddenly have this error.

Sylph

Quote from: MajorDam on September 29, 2017, 02:10:48 PM
Quote from: Sylph on September 29, 2017, 01:46:35 PM

Emphasis mine. ;)

That's probably that, yes  :)
39kg is the weight of the ones inclucing mounting devices (tripod or articulated arm fixed to vehicles) and are not designed to be portable by a soldier on its feet.

That's my point. There is no existent M134 chambered in 7.62mm that is designed for a soldier to fire that isn't mounted on something, nor has there ever been. That "lightweight" variant detailed above is still meant to be deployed at a fixed position or on a vehicle, from the manufacturer's own website. The portable "Microgun" variant of the M134, chambered in 5.56mm, was dead on its feet decades ago, never having made it into mass production.

MajorDam

The 5.56 variant neither the 7.62 one (portable version) were never mass produced or issued to any army as an official weapon but both do exist even if they are both not usable in combat situation :)

Here is a version in 7.62x51mm NATO:

Check visualy the difference between 5.56 and 7.62 cartridges: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/b9/7.62x51_5.56x45.JPG/973px-7.62x51_5.56x45.JPG

The following one is also supposed to be a 7.62 variant and is equiped with a M60 handguard like in the predator movie:

And if you still don't believe me at this point, here is a video where the guy clearly say at the begining that the variant he is firing is a .308 one (aka 7.62x51mm) and not a 5.56 variant.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5FgePpGFWA

The weight of 20kg is estimated, that's why I always said "around 20kg", since there is apparently no official model designation for it and so no official datasheet but so far on every website where I was able to found some data on those portable variants, the 7.62mm one was always set to be around 20kg of weight (without ammo and battery)  ;)

Sylph

Quote from: MajorDam on September 29, 2017, 09:50:41 PM
The 5.56 variant neither the 7.62 one (portable version) were never mass produced or issued to any army as an official weapon but both do exist even if they are both not usable in combat situation :)

Here is a version in 7.62x51mm NATO:

Check visualy the difference between 5.56 and 7.62 cartridges: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/b9/7.62x51_5.56x45.JPG/973px-7.62x51_5.56x45.JPG

The following one is also supposed to be a 7.62 variant and is equiped with a M60 handguard like in the predator movie:

And if you still don't believe me at this point, here is a video where the guy clearly say at the begining that the variant he is firing is a .308 one (aka 7.62x51mm) and not a 5.56 variant.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5FgePpGFWA

The weight of 20kg is estimated, that's why I always said "around 20kg", since there is apparently no official model designation for it and so no official datasheet but so far on every website where I was able to found some data on those portable variants, the 7.62mm one was always set to be around 20kg of weight (without ammo and battery)  ;)

He also clearly states that it's "one of the only live fire miniguns" for portable use "ever manufactured". It's hobbyist stuff. It should also be noted that .308 is the civilian commercial equivalent to 7.62mm; this is hobbyist stuff. It also only fires at 3000 RPM, and he can barely get 5 shots on target at point-blank. Had he carried on firing (with sufficient ammo), if he'd even have been able to stay on his feet, it would have been like a firefighter letting go of a hose.

Wikipedia even has a section on portable miniguns, informatively titled: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minigun#Fiction_and_popular_culture

This is clearly not a practicable weapon for non-fictional humans, even when the weapon's firing speed is drastically underclocked to reduce recoil. I think whoever made the Rimfire patch made the right call about giving this weapon a 39kg weight, restricting use to only heavily augmented colonists.

DieselpunkCyborg

Hello, I suddenly started getting this error after loading a save after unlocking Machining through Researching. I have ammo disabled.

Exception printing AmmoBench_Blueprint_Install843419 at (259, 0, 186): System.InvalidOperationException: Nothing to install.
  at RimWorld.Blueprint_Install.get_MiniToInstallOrBuildingToReinstall () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Blueprint_Install.get_ThingToInstall () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Blueprint_Install.get_Graphic () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Thing.Print (Verse.SectionLayer layer) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.ThingWithComps.Print (Verse.SectionLayer layer) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.SectionLayer_ThingsGeneral.TakePrintFrom (Verse.Thing t) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.SectionLayer_ThingsGeneral:TakePrintFrom(Thing)
Verse.SectionLayer_Things:Regenerate()
Verse.Section:RegenerateLayers(MapMeshFlag)
Verse.MapDrawer:TryUpdateSection(Section)
Verse.MapDrawer:MapMeshDrawerUpdate_First()
Verse.Map:MapUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

I have lots of mods (190) but everything was running fine until earlier. I did notice that the Ammo Loading bench is now in my Production tab and it wasn't before, but I've always had the Ammo mechanic in Combat Reloaded disabled and I haven't re-enabled it.

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: DieselpunkCyborg on October 03, 2017, 10:01:06 AM
I have lots of mods (190) but everything was running fine until earlier. I did notice that the Ammo Loading bench is now in my Production tab and it wasn't before, but I've always had the Ammo mechanic in Combat Reloaded disabled and I haven't re-enabled it.

Do any of them affect the architect menu/blueprints/building mechanics or randomly place work benches on map generation (in ancient ruins or some such)?
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

DieselpunkCyborg

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on October 03, 2017, 10:40:49 AM
Do any of them affect the architect menu/blueprints/building mechanics or randomly place work benches on map generation (in ancient ruins or some such)?

Ahhh... it might be Misc. MapGenerator...

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]