[1.0] Combat Extended - 1.8.2 CE Melee released (17.11.2019)

Started by NoImageAvailable, June 09, 2017, 04:13:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: TA1980 on October 16, 2017, 11:12:33 PM
Dear RequiemFang,

yes, I did. Still my patch does not work as intended, though I might have made a mistake.

Regards

If you have a specific question or problem with a patch you're working on you can contact me via PM or the CE Discord (though Discord is better because its a lot faster if you catch me while I'm online)
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

joaonunes

I think "Combat Extended Guns" is breaking the .303 ammo, every time I load both CE and CE Guns the latter overwrites the "Bolt Action Rifle" name to "Lee Enfield" and the .303 ammo can not be dropped at all, and when the pawn is forced to drop that ammo type due to outfit limits an exception occurrs saying that the dropped item is of type null, not actually dropping the ammo but losing it in the process.
Do you want your colonists to look manlier?
Get a free mustache sample here!

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: joaonunes on October 22, 2017, 09:41:47 AM
I think "Combat Extended Guns" is breaking the .303 ammo, every time I load both CE and CE Guns the latter overwrites the "Bolt Action Rifle" name to "Lee Enfield" and the .303 ammo can not be dropped at all, and when the pawn is forced to drop that ammo type due to outfit limits an exception occurrs saying that the dropped item is of type null, not actually dropping the ammo but losing it in the process.

The name change is intentional, the ammo thing I can't reproduce. Can you upload your mod list and output log?

joaonunes

Here are the steps I used to reproduce the issue:
- Created a new game with default start (so Lee-Enfield spawns automatically);
- Forced pawn to pick Lee; He automatically picked ammo afterwards;
- Clicked button to drop ammo in gear tab, nothing happened;
- Made a loadout with Lee and 40 ammo and assigned it to the pawn using the weapon; he kept 40 ammo and the rest disappeared with a console error.
Files in the attachments.
This is the only weapon I have seen with this error...
On an aditional note, the .303 ammo type does NOT show up in the Loadout screen, I had to pick the ammo for the Lee from the list by using the "+" button next to the weapon, this ammo type did not show in the ammo list.

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]
Do you want your colonists to look manlier?
Get a free mustache sample here!

NoImageAvailable

So I can see several issues from your log:
1) Something is causing a threading bug on loading. Impossible to say what.
2) AvoidFriendlyFire is causing a null ref exception in AvoidFriendlyFire.Pawn_Kill_Patch.Postfix
3) The .303 ammo is somehow being destroyed on drop, which is most likely because the ammo injector failed to properly enable it and/or something else overwrote the change somehow.

It looks like at least one of your mods is conflicting with CE and/or other mods (threading bugs have a habit of breaking completely unrelated things). If you recently added any new mods to your list I'd try disabling them in batches until you can narrow down the culprit.

Wandering_Savage

Any one else having a problem with Combat Extended conflicting with Prepare Carefully?  I have always used them together in the past but now, when i click on the Prepare Carefully button nothing happens.  I have checked/unchecked every mod until i figured out it was Combat Extended conflicting.

Evelyn

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: Wandering_Savage on October 22, 2017, 11:44:40 PM
Any one else having a problem with Combat Extended conflicting with Prepare Carefully?  I have always used them together in the past but now, when i click on the Prepare Carefully button nothing happens.  I have checked/unchecked every mod until i figured out it was Combat Extended conflicting.

I've been using Prepare Carefully in literally every one of my test colonies since A8 and never had any issues whatsoever, nor have I ever heard of anyone reporting conflicts between CE and PC. I think whatever problem you have, it is not caused by a conflict between the two.

RequiemFang

Quote from: Wandering_Savage on October 22, 2017, 11:44:40 PM

Have had this happen usually when starting a new colony, usually happens if I was already playing a game and decided to start a new one without shutting the game down.

Nightinggale

I looked with great interest at the source code for this mod, more specifically the CombatExtended.PatchOperationFindMod class. It's a great mod in itself. So simple, yet so powerful.

The only real issue is that it's part of CE. It looks very useful in general, but other mods can't rely on the presence of CE, particularly not if it is used to test if CE is present.

I propose to take CombatExtended.PatchOperationFindMod and just that feature and submit it to be evaluated as part of RimWorld itself. It will make it so much easier to make mods patch themselves to be optimized according to other mods if we can be sure it's always available and doesn't rely on a certain mod to be loaded. I don't mind doing the work to make a standalone version for submission, but I won't do it without permission.
ModCheck - boost your patch loading times and include patchmods in your main mod.

NoImageAvailable

FindMod isn't something we came up with, the code is from CuproPanda. The usual solution here is for any DLL mod that needs it to include its own copy-paste, XML only mods are screwed though. Including it has already been suggested to Zorba, too.

Nightinggale

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on October 27, 2017, 04:33:03 PM
FindMod isn't something we came up with, the code is from CuproPanda. The usual solution here is for any DLL mod that needs it to include its own copy-paste, XML only mods are screwed though. Including it has already been suggested to Zorba, too.
In other words it's already a community wide feature, which I can just take and use for myself and distribute on the forum if I like (with credits). Let's see if I can figure out how to make a standalone version to easily mass produce dll files for all the mods, which could use this. I think I have an idea with a project template, which might work. If a DLL file can be made in 30 seconds or less with a unique class name, it won't be such a big issue to compile and donate a dll file to otherwise xml only mods.
ModCheck - boost your patch loading times and include patchmods in your main mod.

NoImageAvailable

UPDATE: v1.7 released

Main changes are IED's which had their cost list changed to raw components and their blast radii doubled, as well as static fire now dealing double damage. Due to time constraints this release wasn't playtested as rigorously as usual so any feedback regarding either of these changes is appreciated.

Kori

Thanks for the update NIA!

Could you please consider tuning down the stats of the Mechanoids Extraordinaire mechs a lot?
Currently their difficulty is just impossible, incredibly stronger and deadlier than vanilla mechs:
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=35058.msg371449#msg371449

NoImageAvailable

Most of the compatibility patches were contributed by people outside the CE team, if you want them adjusted you'd have to ask whoever made the patch in the first place. Personally I never played with that mod so I can't speak to its balance with or without CE.