[1.0] Combat Extended - 1.8.2 CE Melee released (17.11.2019)

Started by NoImageAvailable, June 09, 2017, 04:13:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kori

Do you know who made the patch?

Also I noticed that a bug I reported some time ago is still present in 1.7, could you please check that again?
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=33461.msg368346#msg368346

fatm3l

I'm playing with tribal for days now. And im very disapponted when i built mortar to counter centipedes because mortars wont load shells my pawn operating the mortar dont pick mortar shell to load the mortar to fire. It just man thr mortar but wont pick ammo to fire i have 81mm incediary mortar shell  and have 81mm mortar. Im using CE 1.6 with guns and 20th cwm v8 CE compatible and some other mods no other weapon mod

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: Kori on November 02, 2017, 09:30:19 AM
Do you know who made the patch?

This guy

QuoteAlso I noticed that a bug I reported some time ago is still present in 1.7, could you please check that again?
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=33461.msg368346#msg368346

The Rimfire bug I fixed for the next release. The Tac-50 thing doesn't really matter because projectileDef does nothing in CE, its purely a vanilla holdover.

Generally its best to report these things directly in the Github issue tracker because bug reports in the thread get lost very easily.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

Kori

Thank you!

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on November 02, 2017, 12:22:40 PM
The Tac-50 thing doesn't really matter because projectileDef does nothing in CE, its purely a vanilla holdover.

Wait, are you sure about this? Because until you change this value, the gun will be shown as "Tac-50 (762x54mmR)", requiring 762x54mmR ammo and having a damage of only 19!
After changing it to Bullet_50BMG_FMJ, it will be "Tac-50 (50BMG)" with 46 damage.

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: Kori on November 02, 2017, 03:30:28 PM
Wait, are you sure about this? Because until you change this value, the gun will be shown as "Tac-50 (762x54mmR)", requiring 762x54mmR ammo and having a damage of only 19!
After changing it to Bullet_50BMG_FMJ, it will be "Tac-50 (50BMG)" with 46 damage.

Yes. The relevant value is ammoSet, this determines what ammo the gun takes and what caliber it displays as. The damage stat is just a hardcoded vanilla leftover and the only thing affected by projectileDef, it is meaningless with CE. The stat to look at is caliber, that has a list of all the ammo types and how much damage they actually do.

fatm3l

How to use mortar i cant load my mortar any. Shells. The operator doesnt pick up shells to load the mortar like in vanilla. I placed stockpile next to a mortar and nothing happens stil not loading any mortar shells to the mortar. Is there anyone can help me how to use mortar in this mod? I can only fire mortar when ammo is disabled but i want ammo to be enabled

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: fatm3l on November 03, 2017, 11:41:51 AM
How to use mortar i cant load my mortar any. Shells. The operator doesnt pick up shells to load the mortar like in vanilla. I placed stockpile next to a mortar and nothing happens stil not loading any mortar shells to the mortar. Is there anyone can help me how to use mortar in this mod? I can only fire mortar when ammo is disabled but i want ammo to be enabled

Is the mortar operator drafted?

CheaterEater

A request: Have an option for guns to modify their ammo damage etc. I want to mod CE to simplify ammo (e.g. just one type of "pistol" ammo) but then all weapons that use that ammo have the same damage/armor pen/etc. Just the option would be helpful. Or, if this is already in, how would I do it?

Kruniac

You never fixed the bug where stone arrows vanish when they touch the ground.

I embarked with 500 stone arrows and they vanished. I crafted a batch of arrows and they got carried to a stockpile and vanished.

Kori

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on November 03, 2017, 03:38:59 AM
The damage stat is just a hardcoded vanilla leftover and the only thing affected by projectileDef, it is meaningless with CE. The stat to look at is caliber, that has a list of all the ammo types and how much damage they actually do.

Wow thanks, I never noticed how much extremely useful info the caliber stat contains!

arima1234

Can u guys help me how to remove the offset of CEs'vanila melee weapons ?

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: CheaterEater on November 03, 2017, 12:04:28 PM
A request: Have an option for guns to modify their ammo damage etc. I want to mod CE to simplify ammo (e.g. just one type of "pistol" ammo) but then all weapons that use that ammo have the same damage/armor pen/etc. Just the option would be helpful. Or, if this is already in, how would I do it?

The AmmoSet system already allows mapping the same ammo to multiple projectiles and vice versa.

Quote from: Kruniac on November 03, 2017, 08:14:36 PM
You never fixed the bug where stone arrows vanish when they touch the ground.

And how should I when I never managed to reproduce it? From what I can tell something is messing up the system automatically enabling ammo types. Could be anything, a mod you have installed, something in your settings, etc. Until someone can nail down what is actually causing it to where I can reproduce the bug on my end it will remain unfixed.

CheaterEater

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on November 04, 2017, 04:10:02 AM
Quote from: CheaterEater on November 03, 2017, 12:04:28 PM

The AmmoSet system already allows mapping the same ammo to multiple projectiles and vice versa.

Yes, but using the same ammo gives the same damage. So great bows and short bows could both use the "arrow" ammo but then they do the same damage. I would like to have a modifier I can change attached to the great bow and short bow so that they can both use the same "arrow" ammo but do different amounts of damage. This value can be zero for the base mod, I just want the ability to change it so when I play around I can change it for my personal game.

KLk

Quote from: fatm3l on November 03, 2017, 11:41:51 AM
is zone conflict, take a look on what zone are your pawns allowed and where is the ammo

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: CheaterEater on November 04, 2017, 11:47:05 AM
Yes, but using the same ammo gives the same damage. So great bows and short bows could both use the "arrow" ammo but then they do the same damage. I would like to have a modifier I can change attached to the great bow and short bow so that they can both use the same "arrow" ammo but do different amounts of damage. This value can be zero for the base mod, I just want the ability to change it so when I play around I can change it for my personal game.

You're setting everything to use the same ammo sets, just make multiple sets mapping the same ammo to different projectiles.