[1.0] Combat Extended - 1.8.2 CE Melee released (17.11.2019)

Started by NoImageAvailable, June 09, 2017, 04:13:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Umbreon117

Quote from: fatm3l on November 24, 2017, 09:44:43 AM
B18 plss
From what I heard, B18 changed a LOT of the combat stuff.
This mod changes a lot of combat stuff too.

Probably best to wait around a month before hoping this gets updated soon. :/
I'll shoot your colonists...After a long nap.

Mr_Man

Always have a backup game in case they screw your save up with another forced update  8)

kobar

You can observe progress on B18 version via GitHub of the project. Selecting the "A18" branch in the branches popup, there you can view recent patches and fixes for the experimental version.

https://github.com/NoImageAvailable/CombatExtended/tree/A18

fatm3l

Cant play without this mod. But i suggest to keep ammuniton on mortars or any mortar like turrents. On disabled ammo setting. Becauss sometimes i like playing without the ammo mod but i really like the combat system. Its far beyond the vanilla combat system. Also the hunting system. And the survival chance on fallen pawns. Very good mod. Really cant play without this.

Nightinggale

I recommend CE to stop using CombatExtended.PatchOperationFindMod and use ModCheck.isModLoaded instead. The reason is that ModCheck is a lot faster when the game starts up and other than that they do precisely the same.

What happens with patch operations is that they are called for every single def xml file in every single mod, including core. This mean each call to CombatExtended.PatchOperationFindMod will be executed for each file, each time with a search in the list of loaded mods. ModCheck on the other hand will do the very same thing on the first run and then the following calls will make it return a cached value. I tested with 190 mods loaded and each non-cached call to an uncached mod check (like CombatExtended.PatchOperationFindMod) added 1.1% to the startup time. The cached version is instant (speed difference is less than the noise in the digits). Add a bunch of calls to CombatExtended.PatchOperationFindMod and it quickly adds up.
ModCheck - boost your patch loading times and include patchmods in your main mod.

fatm3l

I suggest to add other raw resources to the armor-penetrating bullet recipes and add more steel to make it balance

Evelyn

Most weapons already have a hard enough time piercing armor to the point where by the mid game the vast majority of them are unusable. Further nerfs doesn't seem like a good idea.

fatm3l

Ahh i see your point. Because its not that really strong against powered armors and ballistic shields.

frenchiveruti

Hey devs, do you see feasible in the future to add ModSync.Ninja to your mod?
http://modsync.ninja

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=34447.0

Heni

Please update this mod for B18... Is ridiculous play without this mod, i make one char with EDB and he have 10 shooting skill... the raiders have much less than that and hit more shoots tham mine, they shoot do more damage than my (with less firepower weapons) and my char have a full armor, someone can explain this? And the fun thing is that one of my colonist have become berserk... With one single f+ck shoot my char killed the colonist. I cant accept this. The combat extended system have to be part of the game.

Umbreon117

Quote from: Heni on December 05, 2017, 01:59:15 PM
Please update this mod for B18... Is ridiculous play without this mod, i make one char with EDB and he have 10 shooting skill... the raiders have much less than that and hit more shoots tham mine, they shoot do more damage than my (with less firepower weapons) and my char have a full armor, someone can explain this? And the fun thing is that one of my colonist have become berserk... With one single f+ck shoot my char killed the colonist. I cant accept this. The combat extended system have to be part of the game.
B18 changed a LOT with combat. It's probably going to be a while before there is an update.
I'll shoot your colonists...After a long nap.

tase

Positive note about the B18 update; hes working on it, so it's not abandonned.

Evelyn

Yup! The last update to the B18 branch was 9 hours ago.

carpediembr

To the mod devs: take as long as you want, we will wait as long as needed! You guys done an amazing job!

WREN_PL

To the mod devs: JK. MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRR