[1.0] Combat Extended - 1.8.2 CE Melee released (17.11.2019)

Started by NoImageAvailable, June 09, 2017, 04:13:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ertzuiop

Does the instable version supposed to have no ammo?
If thats not the case, then i have an bug/error:

Exception from long event: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at CombatExtended.AmmoInjector.InjectAmmos () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at CombatExtended.AmmoInjector.Inject () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.LongEventHandler.UpdateCurrentSynchronousEvent (System.Boolean& sceneChanged) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
TickMultiThread.SpecialInjector_TickMultiThreadDetour24:_Error(String)
Verse.LongEventHandler:UpdateCurrentSynchronousEvent(Boolean&)
Verse.LongEventHandler:LongEventsUpdate(Boolean&)
Verse.Root:Update_Patch1(Object)
Verse.Root_Entry:Update()

Ammo workbench gives no option to build ammo.
Dev mode doesnt have them listed.
But prepare carefully lets me equip it, when starting new colony.

Maeyanie

Quote from: ertzuiop on December 17, 2017, 08:01:10 PM
Does the instable version supposed to have no ammo?

I got this as well, and it (for me at least) turned to be a compatibility problem with another mod which hadn't yet had its CE compatibility patch updated for B18.

AlaskanSalmon

Thumbing over the nimble trait says it increases dodge chance by 1500%... Seems to happen in practice too. Can't hit this guy at all.

ertzuiop

Quote from: Maeyanie on December 18, 2017, 12:26:14 AM
I got this as well, and it (for me at least) turned to be a compatibility problem with another mod which hadn't yet had its CE compatibility patch updated for B18.

Can you tell which one, please?

Umbreon117

Quote from: AlaskanSalmon on December 18, 2017, 01:43:35 AM
Thumbing over the nimble trait says it increases dodge chance by 1500%... Seems to happen in practice too. Can't hit this guy at all.
Someone took the "Can't Touch This" thing to heart!
I'll shoot your colonists...After a long nap.

Maeyanie

Quote from: ertzuiop on December 18, 2017, 04:10:39 AM
Quote from: Maeyanie on December 18, 2017, 12:26:14 AM

Can you tell which one, please?

In my particular case it was Medieval Times, but there's good odds of other weapon mods which don't yet have a B18 CE patch having the same problem.

AlaskanSalmon

Quote from: Umbreon117 on December 18, 2017, 10:05:27 AM
Someone took the "Can't Touch This" thing to heart!

Turns out he couldn't dodge my stickbomb tho

8)

tase

So how's the 'A18' branch faring? Is it playable enough?

Maeyanie

Quote from: tase on December 23, 2017, 02:35:14 PM

I haven't noticed any significant problems. At least, none for which I can blame CE. ;)

Sebastian Cigar

Quote from: Maeyanie on December 23, 2017, 03:10:09 PM
Quote from: tase on December 23, 2017, 02:35:14 PM

I haven't noticed any significant problems. At least, none for which I can blame CE. ;)
Melee combat just doesn't work for me, about 90% of all hits are repelled somehow, colonist or not. And I have to hold down the speed up button because the game keeps giving me dev console logs (cant be bothered to check what exactly they are ATM, but they werent red-fonted) when a fight is in progress. Also, with no 'Wildlife Tab' mod for B18 I have to manually search for a certain predator at least once in two days  because apparently it'd be trying to use 'Teeth' which is not a body part. Cougars can't even finish off downed rats for some reason.
Mortars don't work, there's no GUI for it and the game goes into permanent error throw mode when I select a mortar.
Also there's this crazy 1500% dodge chance perk that shows up on newly-spawned pawns from time to time.
There's also something wrong with exploding bullet trajectory for me, combusting bullets are divided into yellow bolides that can actually cause damage, and black shades that travel VERY slowly, cause no damage on impact (or don't collide with anything at all) but can reach across half the map.

I'm not saying that this is a bad mod or anything, I just can't imagine playing Rimworld without Combat Extended at this point, and I do realize that the current version, the one I'm using, is experimental and unstable. I'm just giving you my experience which is 99% affected by mod interference, and my game is heavily modded.

Evelyn

I imagine it might take some time before the B18 release is finished, considering the holiday season and all. Probably better to wait if you want a stable experience, otherwise try the test version that NoIA linked and report bugs that you find.

NoImageAvailable

"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

Sebastian Cigar

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on December 24, 2017, 03:31:40 AM
Quote from: Sebastian Cigar on December 23, 2017, 06:59:23 PM
[...]

Sounds like you're using an outdated release
Thanks! Turns out I was using the stuff from Development branch all along,  lol. So much better now

Ozymandias

I ran out of patience and started another game! Please don't tell me I made a mistake by not incorporating this mod!

Harry_Dicks