[1.0] Combat Extended - 1.8.2 CE Melee released (17.11.2019)

Started by NoImageAvailable, June 09, 2017, 04:13:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spectrea

Im about 3 months in to the game in and still struggling to find the ingredients for explosives and bombs. Blazebulbs as far as i understand it make Promethium, for how difficult they are to grow in terms of power and length of time Promethium is useless everything requires FSX and to a lesser extent Chemfuel.

FSX is a nightmare. Google is no help with this at all i have no idea how to get it efficiently, no trader sells it and the only source appears to be boomalopes? of which i have one. I was honestly expecting the Blazebulbs to yield it.

Its extra annoying because to create mortar shells requires 5 of these suckers. When you reload a game every spare shell of "81mm HE" you have in stockpile reverts back to vanilla "high explosive shells" :o

Using the Beta b18 version above.

Minnigin

anyone else having this issue? backpacks overlapping faces?

had a screenshot, cant post it for some reason..

Sarge

All of a sudden there is no ammo in my game. I bought from EdB before I started and all of a sudden the arrows I had disappeared from stock and inventory.

I couldn't figure out why the raider wasn't firing at me. After I killed him, he dropped his pistol but with no ammo and when I equip the weapon there is no ammo icon or reload button at all.

All I can think is that there's a clash with A RimWorld of Magic, but I really don't know for sure.

Any advice?

EDIT, Nope it's not A RimWorld of Magic, I disabled it and started a new game and same problem there.

Canaris

Is there some tutorial on how to at least TRY and make other weapon mods compatibile with CE ?
Im starting to get withdrawal syndromes from playing without Imperial Guard/Glittertech weapons :(

EDIT : to elaborate, i just want those weapons to do damage - i can wait for finite ammo, weapon firing modes, balance etc but i would love to go back to A16/Combat Realism situation where those weapons worked beside CR guns :(
Phoneposter - typos will happen.

25wes25

Quote from: Spectrea on December 26, 2017, 07:16:49 AM
Im about 3 months in to the game in and still struggling to find the ingredients for explosives and bombs. Blazebulbs as far as i understand it make Promethium, for how difficult they are to grow in terms of power and length of time Promethium is useless everything requires FSX and to a lesser extent Chemfuel.

FSX is a nightmare. Google is no help with this at all i have no idea how to get it efficiently, no trader sells it and the only source appears to be boomalopes? of which i have one. I was honestly expecting the Blazebulbs to yield it.

Its extra annoying because to create mortar shells requires 5 of these suckers. When you reload a game every spare shell of "81mm HE" you have in stockpile reverts back to vanilla "high explosive shells" :o

Using the Beta b18 version above.

If my memory serves me well, boomalopes produce FSX. It's useful to keep a pair around to stock up.

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: Canaris on December 26, 2017, 12:12:51 PM
Is there some tutorial on how to at least TRY and make other weapon mods compatibile with CE ?
Im starting to get withdrawal syndromes from playing without Imperial Guard/Glittertech weapons :(

EDIT : to elaborate, i just want those weapons to do damage - i can wait for finite ammo, weapon firing modes, balance etc but i would love to go back to A16/Combat Realism situation where those weapons worked beside CR guns :(

The OP has a link to tutorials on making common mod types compatible. Check the compatibility section.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

Canaris

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on December 26, 2017, 01:36:14 PM
Quote from: Canaris on December 26, 2017, 12:12:51 PM

The OP has a link to tutorials on making common mod types compatible. Check the compatibility section.

Holy shit, how the fuck did i miss that ?
Thats some serious black magic right there but hey, at least its something. Thanks man.
Phoneposter - typos will happen.

Minnigin

biorcsman

https://github.com/NoImageAvailable/CombatExtended/wiki/Making-gun-mods-CE-compatible

Is this tutorial still suitable for B18 version? I mean, you posted this on Jun 11 so I guess it is for B17 ver.

tase

Quote from: Minnigin on December 26, 2017, 03:28:28 PM
anyone else having this problem?
<<image>>
Yes it also happens to me, using the latest code on Github (as of today).

BTW, do the Combat Extended Guns need updating, or will they work with B18?

Evelyn

I'd assume they need updating because of the defs changes in B18

Sarge

Quote from: Sarge on December 26, 2017, 11:54:37 AM
All of a sudden there is no ammo in my game. I bought from EdB before I started and all of a sudden the arrows I had disappeared from stock and inventory.

I couldn't figure out why the raider wasn't firing at me. After I killed him, he dropped his pistol but with no ammo and when I equip the weapon there is no ammo icon or reload button at all.

All I can think is that there's a clash with A RimWorld of Magic, but I really don't know for sure.

Any advice?

EDIT, Nope it's not A RimWorld of Magic, I disabled it and started a new game and same problem there.

Is this message maybe saying why there's a problem with the ammo in my game and how I can fix it?

Exception from long event: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at CombatExtended.AmmoInjector.InjectAmmos () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at CombatExtended.AmmoInjector.Inject () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.LongEventHandler.UpdateCurrentSynchronousEvent (System.Boolean& sceneChanged) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.LongEventHandler:UpdateCurrentSynchronousEvent(Boolean&)
Verse.LongEventHandler:LongEventsUpdate(Boolean&)
Verse.Root:Update_Patch1(Object)
Verse.Root_Entry:Update()

Maeyanie

Quote from: Sarge on December 26, 2017, 06:13:49 PM
Is this message maybe saying why there's a problem with the ammo in my game and how I can fix it?

Exception from long event: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at CombatExtended.AmmoInjector.InjectAmmos () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at CombatExtended.AmmoInjector.Inject () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.LongEventHandler.UpdateCurrentSynchronousEvent (System.Boolean& sceneChanged) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.LongEventHandler:UpdateCurrentSynchronousEvent(Boolean&)
Verse.LongEventHandler:LongEventsUpdate(Boolean&)
Verse.Root:Update_Patch1(Object)
Verse.Root_Entry:Update()

I got a similar message when I was first trying the B18 versions of everything, and it ended up being a conflict with a weapon mod which was not yet updated for the B18 version of CE. In my particular case it was Medieval Times, but it's likely at least some other weapon-containing mods have the same issue. Properly updated weapon mods (of which the only one I know is the Rambo one) do seem to work fine though.

Quote from: 25wes25 on December 26, 2017, 12:58:03 PM
Quote from: Spectrea on December 26, 2017, 07:16:49 AM

If my memory serves me well, boomalopes produce FSX. It's useful to keep a pair around to stock up.

Yeah, both boomalopes and boomrats can be "sheared" for FSX. Of the two, boomalopes produce more, but are also more likely to burn your base to the ground, so take your pick. :)
I haven't actually gotten this far in my B18 game to test this, though, so if it doesn't seem to be working it's possible the new B18 milk-for-chemfuel thing messed up the CE shear-for-FSX thing.

biorcsman

<ThingDef ParentName="RimmuNationBaseMakeableGun">
<defName>Gun_DP28LMG</defName>
<label>DP-28</label>
<description>A light machine gun.</description>
<graphicData>
<texPath>Things/Item/Equipment/LMG/DP28</texPath>
<graphicClass>Graphic_Single</graphicClass>
</graphicData>
<soundInteract>InteractRifle</soundInteract>
    <recipeMaker>
      <researchPrerequisite>GasOperation</researchPrerequisite>