[1.0] Combat Extended - 1.8.2 CE Melee released (17.11.2019)

Started by NoImageAvailable, June 09, 2017, 04:13:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canaris

Okay so i dabbled around Github tutorials but i cant seem to find a solution for my problem.
To explain what i mean :
All weapons from Glittertech/WH40K/StarWars mod work almost properly.
Pawns pick them up, they are able to switch between various weapons either by CE equipment system or by Simple Sidearms, they fire them, sometimes they score a hit , sometimes they miss etc.
Only thing that is missing is doing any damage because error log mentions something about null value of armor penetration. BUT its like the hits are registering because there are blood splatters around a target even with no damage, animals will get enraged, flee etc.

So it looks like im missing literally one value that needs to added somewhere to weapon stats and it should work..
Am i assuming correctly ? Or maybe i need to make entire new ammo because that value comes from ammo and not from weapon itself ( that would kinda make sense ) ?

EDIT : okay its probably the ammo thing. When i come back from work i will try to make a temp solution and make wh40k lasgun simply use some Native CE ammo type.
Phoneposter - typos will happen.

Sarge

Quote from: Maeyanie on December 26, 2017, 09:30:39 PM
Quote from: Sarge on December 26, 2017, 06:13:49 PM
Is this message maybe saying why there's a problem with the ammo in my game and how I can fix it?

Exception from long event: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at CombatExtended.AmmoInjector.InjectAmmos () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at CombatExtended.AmmoInjector.Inject () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.LongEventHandler.UpdateCurrentSynchronousEvent (System.Boolean& sceneChanged) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.LongEventHandler:UpdateCurrentSynchronousEvent(Boolean&)
Verse.LongEventHandler:LongEventsUpdate(Boolean&)
Verse.Root:Update_Patch1(Object)
Verse.Root_Entry:Update()

I got a similar message when I was first trying the B18 versions of everything, and it ended up being a conflict with a weapon mod which was not yet updated for the B18 version of CE. In my particular case it was Medieval Times, but it's likely at least some other weapon-containing mods have the same issue. Properly updated weapon mods (of which the only one I know is the Rambo one) do seem to work fine though.

Thanks a stack. Medieval Times is one of the new mods I loaded. Let me remove it from my mod list to test.

EDIT: Yes, you were correct. I removed Medieval Times, the error message was no longer there and a quick new game tested that ammo was back in without a problem.

Quick Test:
Have a pawn pick ammo up from ground on start and then attack an animal that will knock it out or kill it. If the ammo drops to the ground, all's good. If the problem is still there, no ammo will drop and there will be none in the pawns inventory.

It also appears that, if the problem is there, if you un-forbid the ammo on game start and haul it to a stockpile, the moment they drop it in the stockpile it disappears.

Sebastian Cigar

Hey

On this screenshot you can see two headless and very dead bodies of tribal raiders hunkering down, one of which was trying to save the other one just before the storm of bullets hit them. The flurry of projectiles at the top of the screen is stuck in air too
So, I've come to a conclusion that this mod is in conflict with Death Rattle
Also, whenever centipedes fire in long bursts, the game starts throwing error logs at me and they sometimes don't stop shooting even when the target is down. I've had this problem since A17 but dead bodies getting up and running for it is something new

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: Sebastian Cigar on December 28, 2017, 07:56:46 AM
So, I've come to a conclusion that this mod is in conflict with Death Rattle

I've seen people report that bug even without CE installed, its just a plain Death Rattle bug.
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

Sebastian Cigar

It seems that reloading the game solves the cadaver oddity
However, the projectiles are still stuck in mid-air. https://puu.sh/yPUYM/a67754b097.jpg
I've tried different stuff, nothing worked

Pede87

Hi,
first of all: Thanks for this awesome mod. I canĀ“t play without it ;)
Now i have a new issue with it.
no matter which weapon my pawns take there is always the message: "hunter lacks ranged weapon" and i cant right click an animal i want to hunt.
Any proposals?

Crow_T

I am trying this out for the first time and am having an issue- I unchecked the use ammo option in settings and started a new game, when mo landed pawns equip a gun they get stuck in a "reloading X weapon" loop, a clump of messages pop up on them cyclically and they just stand there. Using the latest release from github on Linux.
(regarding dead man's apparel)
"I think, at the very least, the buff should go away for jackets so long as you're wearing the former owner's skin as a shirt."
-Condaddy20

NoImageAvailable

Quote from: Crow_T on December 31, 2017, 10:13:24 AM
I am trying this out for the first time and am having an issue- I unchecked the use ammo option in settings and started a new game, when mo landed pawns equip a gun they get stuck in a "reloading X weapon" loop, a clump of messages pop up on them cyclically and they just stand there. Using the latest release from github on Linux.

A new unstable release was put on GitHub just now that fixes this particular issue, among others.

This version is also the first release candidate as it fixes all major bugs that resulted from the B18 port. If no new issues pop up it'll become the stable release in a few days.

https://github.com/NoImageAvailable/CombatExtended/releases/tag/v0.18.0.3-RC1
"The power of friendship destroyed the jellyfish."

Crow_T

Quote from: NoImageAvailable on December 31, 2017, 02:05:52 PM
A new unstable release was put on GitHub just now that fixes this particular issue, among others.

Sweet, I look forward to giving CE a proper go :D
(regarding dead man's apparel)
"I think, at the very least, the buff should go away for jackets so long as you're wearing the former owner's skin as a shirt."
-Condaddy20

Minnigin

Alistaire

Quote from: Minnigin on December 31, 2017, 04:08:27 PM
backpacks textures are still overlapping

Could you show what you mean by that, like give a screenshot with textures overlapping?

Krontixious

In the Dec 31st release, some of the weapons are actually showing up as charge rifles for me. They have the name of the specific weapon (eg. B240...) but have the charge rifle skin and the same cartridge capacity. The RPG launcher is doing this for me rn, I can apparently load it with 30 RPG's and fire them in burst fire because the weapon has the physics of a charge rifle but the ammunition, name, mass and bulk of the RPG. Is this to do with the release or would it be a compatibility issue? I didn't have this happen with the previous release.

IHateRegistering

Exception in Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Priority TryIssueJobPackage: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at CombatExtended.Verb_LaunchProjectileCE.CanHitTargetFrom (IntVec3 root, LocalTargetInfo targ, System.String& report) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at CombatExtended.Verb_LaunchProjectileCE.CanHitTargetFrom (IntVec3 root, LocalTargetInfo targ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at CombatExtended.Verb_ShootCE.CanHitTargetFrom (IntVec3 root, LocalTargetInfo targ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.AI.AttackTargetFinder.CanShootAtFromCurrentPosition (IAttackTarget target, IAttackTargetSearcher searcher, Verse.Verb verb) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.AI.AttackTargetFinder.BestAttackTarget (IAttackTargetSearcher searcher, TargetScanFlags flags, System.Predicate`1 validator, Single minDist, Single maxDist, IntVec3 locus, Single maxTravelRadiusFromLocus, Boolean canBash) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.JobGiver_AIFightEnemy.FindAttackTarget (Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.JobGiver_AIFightEnemy.FindAttackTargetIfPossible (Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.JobGiver_AIFightEnemy.UpdateEnemyTarget (Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.JobGiver_AIFightEnemy.TryGiveJob (Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.AI.ThinkNode_JobGiver.TryIssueJobPackage (Verse.Pawn pawn, JobIssueParams jobParams) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Priority.TryIssueJobPackage (Verse.Pawn pawn, JobIssueParams jobParams) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Priority:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
RimWorld.ThinkNode_Duty:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Conditional:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Tagger:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Subtree:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn, JobIssueParams)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:DetermineNextJob(ThinkTreeDef&)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:TryFindAndStartJob()
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:JobTrackerTick()
Verse.Pawn:Tick()
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

I get that error whenever a mechanoid tries to shoot something, I think.

Deer87

Quote from: Alistaire on December 31, 2017, 05:28:46 PM
Quote from: Minnigin on December 31, 2017, 04:08:27 PM
backpacks textures are still overlapping

Could you show what you mean by that, like give a screenshot with textures overlapping?

Dont have a pic handy right now, but i experience it as well.
I cant remember if it is the backpack or tac west, but the issue (if we talk about the same) is that the texture goes in front of the face, so that pawns facing the player have the straps across the face. I guess its a matter of layer priorities (not an experienced modder).

Evelyn